LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-03-11, 4:48pm
Recovering Enabler

Thanks so much Lydia! I can't wait to get one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-12, 5:42am

Thank you Donna. . .Hope you enjoy it!
Thank you too, Linda!

Old 2009-03-12, 6:45pm

Oh Lydia, thanks for the tutorial. I also have a background in tole painting. Realistic painting is my favorite.

I love how you have it linked for instant download after you pay for it. I just finished reading it and cant wait to try this. I have had great success with the other tutorials I have purchased and expect to be making beautiful roses soon. You are an excellent teacher.
Old 2009-03-12, 7:01pm

Thanks for another wonderful tutorial, Lydia! Downloaded very quickly and I can't wait to try it!!

Shirley
Old 2009-03-12, 7:45pm
Against the Grain

You did a great job Lydia! I haven't tried it yet, but I looked through it and drooled over the photos. If I don't get any further it was well worth the money.

Old 2009-03-13, 6:01am

Lynn, Shirley and Sly, thank you all so much for the compliments and great feedback! Hope you all have fun at the torch!

Old 2009-03-14, 9:10am

Penny and Jayne your beads are wonderful. This is the first one from me, I can see where I need improvement with the bead and taking pics. I made the canes the day before and it still took 1 hour and 15 min just to make one.

The question I have Lydia is I'm using a Mikie graphite tool to press each layer, is the marving after that just for the petals you are working on or are you marvering the whole bead....I assume just that part you added. Also I don't think I have alot of depth to my bead. Thanks for the great tut.
Attached Images

Old 2009-03-14, 12:00pm
Burning Fingers!

Pat, your bead is gorgeous! You have done a fantastic job.
Yes, it took me over an hour to make them too - even the "simpler" ones. I wonder if it will get easier (less time) as time goes on, and we don't have to keep referring to the written tutorial.

/
/
/

Old 2009-03-15, 6:25am

Pat, I think your bead turned out beautifully!
To answer your question about marvering. . .After each set of dots is added to the bead, I marver only those until they are flat. I don't really marver the entire bead until after I've finished with it, and then, I marver the bead in sections to "true-up" it's round shape. As for the depth, the next time you make a rose bead, pull the rubino a little thinner and use less of it. Don't worry if the rubino goes clear when you apply it. You are heating and reheating so much that it WILL get it's color back by the time you've finished the bead. Hope this makes sense. . .My poor head is still trying to absorb the morning coffee.

Old 2009-03-15, 7:18am

As soon as I get color ink for my printer I am going to purchase this amazing tutorial!!!

Just asked my sweet hubby if he would be so kind as to get me some color for my

printer. I usually only keep replacing the black cartridge to print paypal shipping labels

but I sure wouldn't want this tutorial in black and white. I told DH that and he says

"Why"? lol
Old 2009-03-15, 9:41am
all for the love of glass

What a superb piece of art Lydia, I had to purchase to give this a try...I'm excited to do something a bit different today!

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2009-03-15, 10:51am

Yes, that makes perfect sense, Lydia. And I will use less rubino, thanks. It's a wonderful tutorial.
Old 2009-03-15, 4:46pm

Carol, I think that's because most men are pretty much color blind. At least that's how it seemed to me the first time that I ever walked in to my husband's "bachelor pad". lol

Thank you Deborah! Hope you have fun at the torch!

Pat, thank you!!!

Old 2009-03-16, 5:11pm

What a lovely bead, Hopefully one day I will have skills enough to attemp this.
Sandra
Old 2009-03-16, 6:38pm
Burning Fingers!

I finally got around to etching one of the beads that I made from the tutorial - I'm not sure if I like them better shiny or etched - both work for me.

/
/
/

Old 2009-03-17, 5:10pm

Ah, Jane! You're bead is beautiful. I liked it before too, but it's so much softer now that's it's etched.
I just made a set of these buggers and they took me two days to finish. They are pretty small and I think I might have sprained my eyeballs. lol

Old 2009-03-17, 5:27pm
Life is change. Love it

Beautiful Jane! I bought this tutorial when it first came out and I have been too lazy to sit down and try it. I'm such a set girl, the longest one of my beads takes me is 20 minutes, I'm pretty intimidated by the 2 hour thing!

Old 2009-03-23, 8:42am

I finally had the chance to test Gaffer for these beads and I am thrilled to say that Gaffer works! These beads were made with Gaffer ruby pinks on a celadon and clear base. The little flowers are primrose. I am very excited about this because I had been trying to make these beads with Reichenbach and totally stressed myself out in the process due to all of the pitting. The beads were beautiful but the pits were a nightmare. I experienced ZERO pitting on the surface of the glass when I made these and the color is so rich and vibrant. These beads are etched too, btw.

Old 2009-03-23, 4:16pm
Burning Fingers!

Wow - it certainly does work -that's enough to make a girl a convert! Those are stunning Lydia, I really like the colour of the little flowers too.

/
/
/

Old 2009-03-24, 4:43am

Thank you Jane! I still have a lot of glass to test, but so far I am very impressed with Gaffer. I haven't been this excited about a specific glass in a long time.

Old 2009-03-24, 6:34am

Pretty....they look very crisp and soft at the same time.
Old 2009-03-24, 2:12pm

I love these beads so much...I am working on other styles adapting what
Lydia has taught in the Painted Rose tutorial, but here, meanwhile, are two done with Bullseye glass...and an adaptation in Moretti. xiola

Last edited by xiola blue; 2009-03-24 at 2:15pm. Reason: wrong photos
Old 2009-03-24, 2:29pm

Lydia, all I can say is WOW Wonderful tutorial's, cause I'm still picking my chin up from the floor. I got all the tutorial's you have done, and was a very quick download. Now the printing on an epson printer took all evening for all the tut's. I also printed them on high gloss photo paper. I started out printing them on just plain white photo paper and was not as nice as high glass photo paper. Now I can have the tutorial's at the bench while I attempt to make the beads.
If anyone is wondering about the tut's, you will not be disapointed at all.
Lydia's tutorial's were the first tutorial's I have bought and I Love them all. Top Notch Artist and tutorial's. Easy to read and understand. You wont be sorry.
Thank You Lydia, you are truley an amazing Artist and tutorial author.
Amelia
Old 2009-03-25, 4:59am

Thank you Pat!

Penny, your beads are beautiful! I wondered if this would work for Bullseye. . .Thank you for showing us that it will!

Amelia, thank you so much for you kind words!! I'm honored!

Old 2009-03-25, 6:56am

Thank you, Lydia! xiola

Old 2009-03-25, 9:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtonjewels View Post

I finally had the chance to test Gaffer for these beads and I am thrilled to say that Gaffer works! These beads were made with Gaffer ruby pinks on a celadon and clear base. The little flowers are primrose. I am very excited about this because I had been trying to make these beads with Reichenbach and totally stressed myself out in the process due to all of the pitting. The beads were beautiful but the pits were a nightmare. I experienced ZERO pitting on the surface of the glass when I made these and the color is so rich and vibrant. These beads are etched too, btw.
I want to grow up and be like you!!!!!!!!!!! Those beads are amazing!!

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2009-03-26, 3:45am
what's a senior moment ?

Absolute beauties you guys ! Wow ! I have the tut, still waiting on the vent install ! lol ! Great job !

Old 2009-03-26, 9:34pm

Okay, been wanting this for awhile... and I just caved in! Printer will be tied up for a bit.. thank you very much Lydia!

Old 2009-03-27, 5:37am

Thanks for the compliments ya'll! I needed them this morning. . .Especially since everything I made yesterday amounts to a pile o' ugly!! lol

Glass Affair, thank you and I hope you enjoy it!

Old 2009-03-27, 8:00am

Lydia that must have been the alignment of the stars. Everything I attempted yesterday on my torch was muck as well. Something tells me that your muck was a lot better than mine but hey, I'll blame it on the stars just the same!