Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-08-05, 11:33am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiPat View Post
Thanks!!! The acorn cap is real, electroformed & colorized with different patinas.
No way---that makes it even cooler!
What a great idea!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-05, 7:20pm
Spoiled

I have a bottle stopper to show off (sorry for all the pictures). I'm so happy with the way it turned out, especially the size of it, it took a little while to make on my lynx. I'll be glad when I get my Cuda hooked up and I can make more this size.
Attached Images

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-08-05, 8:24pm

Aimee, very nice wine stopper. where did you score the cork or rubber? what size is it as well? been wanting to try this
thanks

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2008-08-05, 8:58pm
Spoiled

Thanks Murf.

I got the stoppers from a local place that sells wine/beer making stuff. The stopper is rubber and is a size #2, a 10mm shaft fits right in them. Tobias also started a thread the other day asking where to get them and there were a few links listed. Here's the thread, http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100187

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-08-05, 9:37pm

My latest marble attempt...

Made with TAG Stag White, Elvis Red, and Pink Blizzard.
Old 2008-08-05, 10:59pm
yukue fumei

Aimee-gorgeous! I love how the light hits through the dots! Beautiful color!

Jodi-WOW--incredible!

nagi

Old 2008-08-06, 6:23am

Wow, you guys! The acorns are tres cool, the "wierd" glass pieces are also very cool, Ilove the wine stopper and the marble Jodi...wow.

Sals
Old 2008-08-06, 9:07am
William Hagy

Been working out of my furnace mostly.....

50mm & 40mm Herbert Arnold Zenit Burners,Carlisle cc/cc+/mini,Liquid O2.
Old 2008-08-06, 3:57pm
Hummel factory reject

Beautiful furnace work William! Yikes! Hope my round thing without holes isn't too disappointing as a follow up. One might refer to it as a marble... Blind kids might play with it...

Last edited by kiko; 2008-10-09 at 10:58am.
Old 2008-08-06, 4:00pm
yukue fumei

Beautiful work William--wow!

kiko-that is a delicious marble! I love it--so sophisticated!!

nagi

Old 2008-08-06, 8:35pm

Hi Everyone! Such beautiful stuff here!! Nagi, the 1st marble is way cool...Smiley , the hollow heart is awesome.
I am new to boro so nothin but poo coming from the kiln. so Im a newbie again..
This started out as one thing and eventually became a fish. which is cracked. I need so much ppp, but shes a start.

laughter is the best medicicine but if your laughing with no reason you need medicine!

Old 2008-08-06, 10:54pm

Gorgeous glass art for this month.. my gosh.. Nagi, I am going to have to dig out my aurora trails and Exp #4 again.. and what a stunning marble. That camera is doing wonderful for you.. You is the "woman!"

Love the pressed focals, Lana

Adorable acorns.. really a good creation...

Beautiful furnace glass work...

and Jodi, very pretty marble...

luv the colors in the fish... vibrant...

Last edited by LAG; 2008-08-06 at 10:59pm.
Old 2008-08-07, 12:00am
glass-a-delic

Well, i know my work cant compare to the stuff posted here but heck.. im just a newbie! (86hrs so far) The reason im posting this here its because it can be seen by many of you pro's out there and any suggestions.. criticism is well apreciated. Maybe you can tell me why did the Cranberry in the first piece didnt strike red (i hold it for 20mins at 1050). And what do you guys think about the loops, are they too big?

thanks

Old 2008-08-07, 5:38am
Hummel factory reject

Thanks Nagi!

If you know any blind kids...

Voic, your pendants look really good! Why don't you re-strike that first pendant. 1050 for 20 minutes probably wasn't enough time.
Bump up your temperature another 25 degrees or so and let it soak for 45 minutes. You loops do look "slightly" large for the size of the pendant but the shaping is very nice. They don't need much adjustment.

Robin, your fish looks great! Boro is an elusive and crabby mistress sometimes....

Last edited by kiko; 2008-08-07 at 5:50am.
Old 2008-08-07, 5:59am

Voic, I am with Lori on this. Something to consider is perhaps the others were struck more in the flame than the kiln. I can't wait to see your floral marbles! Your design in the pendants are wonderful.... I actually like the first one best namely because the floral looks more realistic..

Old 2008-08-07, 7:36am
yukue fumei

Kay- you are too kind!! Thank you thank you! And thank you so much for
showing us your beautiful pink creations last month--I just had to
get these colors after seeing what you did with them!!

Robin--thank you so much for your kind words!
AND.... YOU ARE NOT A BORO NEWBIE MAKING A BEAUTIFUL FISHIE
LIKE THAT! Nuh-uh!!!

kiko--

voic--ditto what kiko said. Beautiful florals! only 86 hours on the torch?! I am really impressed!! Great job!!!! I wish my pendants looked like that!!!

nagi

Old 2008-08-07, 9:19am
glass-a-delic

Thanks guys! I hope you know how much your suggestions and nice words help! Now ill get back to work and show you some more later.. if they worh it..

Old 2008-08-07, 5:53pm

Thanks Kiko and Nagi for the nice comments.
Voic, the pendants are very pretty, your loops are nice and rounded (unlike mine LOL).
I need to go on a boro shopping spree, any glass suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

laughter is the best medicicine but if your laughing with no reason you need medicine!

Old 2008-08-07, 7:41pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Lori!
That marble....MAJOR lust!
I LOVE the contrast.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-08-07, 7:45pm

Thank you for the compliments all, you're too kind.
Old 2008-08-07, 8:08pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
WOW!!!

Old 2008-08-07, 8:10pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
That cabinet is SOOOO cool!

Here's a prototype of something I'm working on... a hollow heart.

Very cool, Brent!!!!

Old 2008-08-07, 8:12pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Such amazing work in this thread. Nagi, that is one cool husband ya got there!!!

Old 2008-08-07, 8:58pm
yukue fumei

Thanks Lisa!
DH is blushing right now He is so happy that everyone's reacting so positively to his work--it means so much! Thank you!

nagi

Old 2008-08-07, 11:27pm
glass-a-delic

Here are some pieces I did yesterday using Bubblegum and Hyacint for the petals and some yellow. I resized my loops a little.

Old 2008-08-08, 5:38am
Hummel factory reject

Thanks Karen

Voic, perfect loops and your imploded flowers are beautiful. I like how you shaded them with bubble gum.

Old 2008-08-08, 6:09am

the one on the left looks like a lily. very nice and the loops are a perfect size..

I find it a lot of fun, also, to make the loops with a color you pick up from the flower.. You are having so much fun with these... thanks for showing us...

Old 2008-08-08, 6:23am
yukue fumei

Vioc-WOW!!
They are perfect! beautiful!!

nagi

Old 2008-08-08, 9:02am
boro color bender

Finally took a few pics. It's raining and I guess listing stuff to the site and bead classifieds is on my agenda.

Here's a few I'm proud of...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-08-08, 9:03am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by voic View Post
Here are some pieces I did yesterday using Bubblegum and Hyacint for the petals and some yellow. I resized my loops a little.

Very cool... the loops look great too!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley