Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-01-29, 2:41pm

Default Tequila Sunrise Coral

Is the Tequila Sunrise coral - the original one, with the yellow rods - still available or is it long gone?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I haven't bought glass in ages. Last year I bought some kind of coral odd-lot sample pack that had things like Hot Tequila Sunrise, Cinnamon, and a few other odd coral colors, but I would like to buy some of the original. The "Hot" TS Coral is just too dark and orange.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-01-29, 2:48pm
runs with pruning shears

The original is long gone (big fan here)
but there have been a lot of variations on a theme in the last year.

Mike had one (I think it was called mango, or something like that) which was pretty close-
but it was (and they all seem to be) an odd lot which sell for considerably more than the take-your-chances, flavor du jour coral. (and also may be in short supply).

Why don't you call Frantz, describe what you are looking for (i'm guessing something tending more towards peachy- tangerine) and see what they have. The folks who work there seem to be helpful and knowledgeable.
Aloha,
elise (who has something like 15 different corals at this point...you could almost call me a collector )
Old 2008-01-29, 2:51pm

have you looked at the new apricot from Effetre? It's a regular color that I'm hearing from lots of TS fans is very similiar- may be worth a shot
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2008-01-29, 2:53pm

Thanks. I remember when it came out, about 4 years ago? And when I ordered some coral, the woman at Frantz explained that they just got some in that looks yellow, and do we want some. I think they thought no one would want it at the time. We decided to take half regular coral, and half of the new stuff. Little did I know!

Old 2008-01-29, 2:59pm
One of the Booger 7

So -- you musta made a decision about beads or school? Aren't you glad you're not driving to ICC in the weather tonight?

leslie

Old 2008-01-29, 3:05pm

The new Apricot is very similar - give it a look as a possible substitute.

Robert
Old 2008-01-29, 6:15pm

WHen did this TS come out. I am trying to figure out if I have some. I think I got it when I was a newbie and did not know anything.
Amy

Old 2008-01-29, 8:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedchicken View Post
So -- you musta made a decision about beads or school? Aren't you glad you're not driving to ICC in the weather tonight?

leslie
LOL... Yes, I am VERY glad to not be driving out to Peoria. And I chose Beads

I did drive out to the school yesterday to return books that I had already bought for this semester. My last drive to Peoria for a while.

Old 2008-01-29, 8:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabanlet View Post
WHen did this TS come out. I am trying to figure out if I have some. I think I got it when I was a newbie and did not know anything.
Amy
I got it when we lived in Ohio (Roseanne lived there too, and we placed a big order together), so I think it was probably late 2003 or early 2004. (We moved to OH in 2003 and then to IL in 2004).

I'll have to look for that apricot. I think Frantz was out though.

Old 2008-01-29, 8:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholebeth View Post
I got it when we lived in Ohio (Roseanne lived there too, and we placed a big order together), so I think it was probably late 2003 or early 2004. (We moved to OH in 2003 and then to IL in 2004).

I'll have to look for that apricot. I think Frantz was out though.
I have it in (and 10% off until tomorrow when I switch sales) at http://phoenixartsupplies.com/proddetail.php?prod=e419

It's beautiful!
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2008-01-30, 4:17am
Who me?

I just purchased some of the TS coral from someone here and made beads to compare it to the new yellow apricot.

It is VERY close and in some cases I like the Apricot better - it gives a range of color from yellow to pink to coral all within a flower petal/

Try the Apricot - you will like it and the price is reasonable.
Old 2008-01-30, 7:49am

Thanks, all. I just ordered some of the Apricot from Jessica, and I think I'm regretting that I didn't order more!

I can't wait to try it. I'm down to just a couple of TS stringers :-O