No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-08-26, 9:58am
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default noodles necklace

Can you guys show me your noodle necklaces. I bought a ton of them, but having a hard time making them with the noodles in the correct spots to make them look nice. I only use two long noodles, on for the left, one for the right. Are you putting a couple of beads behind the noodles by the clasp, large or big beads? I put some large beads, and it just doesnt seem to look right. Ive seen pictures where they look so no nice. I also have fat sterling silver noodles, and have saved them for years, because again, having a hard time postioning them. Not looking to copy. Just ideas on how your laying yours out. Thanks so much for any advice. Also have a ton of noodles for bracelets, again, just use two. They are way fatter than I thought they were.....

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-08-26, 10:45am
Experimentalist

But I use them mostly on bracelets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-26, 10:47am
Experimentalist

I do find the fatter ones harder to use. Here's one I did recently.

Old 2010-08-27, 8:07am
Formerly Kellyhorton

Hmm, I will have to take pics of what I mean. Mine are different. I use two long noodles on the sides, then only fill in the front neck part of it. I also have really large ones I have been saving for years because I cant get a good look out of them. But I havent tried in a long time either. Will try to post a pic later if I can get a decent one. Killing me, I have the most awesome photo tutorial, but havent had time to set it up, and cant get a decent pic to save my life....I will get there.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-08-27, 8:30am
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhorton View Post
Hmm, I will have to take pics of what I mean. Mine are different. I use two long noodles on the sides, then only fill in the front neck part of it. I also have really large ones I have been saving for years because I cant get a good look out of them. But I havent tried in a long time either. Will try to post a pic later if I can get a decent one. Killing me, I have the most awesome photo tutorial, but havent had time to set it up, and cant get a decent pic to save my life....I will get there.
I'm very interested to see these components. So these are findings specifically for necklaces?

Old 2010-08-27, 1:52pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

they are just normal noodles, I like to use them to take up the part of the necklace that you dont really see, less beads that I have to make, lol. they are long curved tubes, i put one on the right and one on the left. basically the two tube beads hang like this ( ) It doesnt come all the way down though, so it still looks like a regular necklace, not with just a focal. I will look on internet to see if I can find a pic. found one... they make them for bracelets too....

http://www.artandsoulbeads.com/store...necklaces.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
I'm very interested to see these components. So these are findings specifically for necklaces?

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-08-27, 2:24pm
Experimentalist

Ah yes... those ARE nice components.

Old 2010-08-27, 2:46pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I use noodles to separate sculptural focals with 'stickie-outies' from the main part of the necklace - lets em hang better. *s*
Attached Images

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2010-08-27, 3:40pm
offically down under

I use them in bracelets. They are very popular and fit the most wrist sizes.
Attached Images

Old 2010-08-27, 3:56pm
Lover of all things color

Not sure what happened to my post but I'll try it again. I made this necklace sometime ago and find that the noodles do tarnish.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2010-08-27, 5:33pm
And silence is golden

Where does everyone here buy their noodles at?
Old 2010-08-27, 5:39pm
Experimentalist

Usually at the intergem bead shows

Old 2010-08-27, 9:15pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Pretty much everyone carries them I think, Try fire mountain, but I also purchased a bunch at at intergalactic along time ago. I have some really big sterling silver ones that I am going to work on making something really nice out of them. The stupid things were 40.00 a set, what the hell was I thinking???? I love the look of a bunch of little noodles, but they always get twisted and drive me nuts, just like the mutistrand necklaces. I have a huge wad in my jewelry box, bigger than a fist, of a wad of jewelry (tags still on half of it) those stupid multistrand necklaces on wire get tangled up on everything! I also have a huge wad of necklaces on a wire that I made in my studio. I no longer make wire necklaces out of beadalon unless they are totally covered wth beads. I do make illusion necklaces though and they get tangled too.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2010-08-28 at 8:35am.
Old 2010-08-29, 7:22pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default noodle necklace

I am so stupid, I have a picture of an old noodle necklace in my photo album on le. The noodles are hidden behind the display, there are two noodles, one on each side.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-08-29, 8:08pm
And silence is golden

That is pretty Kelly. Love the colors! I'm with you on the tangling issues. Drove me to the point of making a cabinet to hang my necklaces in.
Old 2010-08-29, 11:13pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

that is absolutely STUNNING!!!!

Quote:
I do find the fatter ones harder to use. Here's one I did recently.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-08-29, 11:14pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Wow, very pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by simvet02 View Post
not sure what happened to my post but i'll try it again. I made this necklace sometime ago and find that the noodles do tarnish.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-08-29, 11:15pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Omg, your beads are fab, what fun colors!!! Hmmm, thats pretty much the same way I make my bracelets, but mine dont look as pretty, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammydownunder View Post
I use them in bracelets. They are very popular and fit the most wrist sizes.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-08-29, 11:16pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

omg, he is way cool, what a cool necklace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonP View Post
I use noodles to separate sculptural focals with 'stickie-outies' from the main part of the necklace - lets em hang better. *s*

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-08-29, 11:17pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Very classy Laura! Very pretty!

Quote:

But I use them mostly on bracelets.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-08-30, 8:00am
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhorton View Post
that is absolutely STUNNING!!!!
Thanks Kelly. It's actually on my list of items to re-photograph. My pictures of that necklace are dreadful. I hate reducing my prices due to awful photography, but that's where that one sits right now. Hmph!

Old 2010-08-30, 1:07pm

Beautiful jewelry! The only think I would add is that they probably need beads in between each noodle. The reason I say this is that I made a necklace where I used the 'noodles to hide the wire. But because they were touching each other, i found that they pinched my neck. Does that make sense?
Old 2010-08-30, 1:24pm
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini View Post
Beautiful jewelry! The only think I would add is that they probably need beads in between each noodle. The reason I say this is that I made a necklace where I used the 'noodles to hide the wire. But because they were touching each other, i found that they pinched my neck. Does that make sense?
Totally makes sense and a great suggestion.

Old 2010-08-30, 1:55pm
I'm not Barbie.

Here is one I sold a long time ago with the long tubes you're talking about Kelly. Scuse the cruddy pic, I find necklaces extremely hard to photograph.

Old 2010-08-30, 2:26pm
Biscuit Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebeadz* View Post
Here is one I sold a long time ago with the long tubes you're talking about Kelly. Scuse the cruddy pic, I find necklaces extremely hard to photograph.

I really like your necklace, Donna. I didn't think I'd like big noodles until I saw this!
Old 2010-08-30, 2:56pm
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebeadz* View Post
THUD!!!

OMG, those tubes are NOT over-priced in that case. That necklace is GORGEOUS.

Your jewelry is so dreamy. I mean... seriously dreamy!

Old 2010-08-30, 9:42pm
And silence is golden

WOW Donna! That is fabulous! Where might one find those huge tube beads at?
Old 2010-08-30, 10:11pm
Experimentalist

http://www.rupab.com/Curved-Tube-Bead_c_82.html

So.... $130 for two? ROFLOL

Old 2010-08-31, 11:46am
Resident hippie

Ah no Laura - if you look closer you find that you get two for $66.99 which is not quite as expensive. . .

And Donna - that necklace is fabulous!.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2010-08-31, 3:58pm

A few years back I did an entire wedding party's jewelry using those noodles. I used sterling silver noodles, small spacer beads and bicone crystals. They were very simple and very pretty. I've been told that because the crystals were clear and sapphire colored that many of the girls have continued to wear their pieces. Since the components I used were lightweight, intentionally so, there was little trouble with the noodles being against the wearer's skin.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135