LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2015-03-23, 7:49pm

Default Bethlehem Bravo - Safe distance from wall?

I'm looking into upgrading my torch to a Bethlehem Bravo or similar torch. Can anyone tell me how far the torch needs to be from a concrete wall for safety? My bench is 36" wide - is this far enough?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2015-03-23, 8:46pm
I fart diamonds

Yes. I have a Phantom and my bench is 30" deep. You just have to adjust your flame accordingly.

Old 2015-03-23, 9:39pm

Thanks Shawnette

Old 2015-03-23, 11:48pm
Phill

Tilting it up a little can get you almost another foot of room and a sheet of metal mounted with an inch of air space behind it might help you sleep better at night but I don't think you will need it unless you are doing something in the range of monster flaming.
Old 2015-03-24, 7:34am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I have a used my Bravo for several years...love it. It was my first dual ring so fear came into play. My wall in front of torch is cement board. My DH extended the center of my bench about a foot...approximately 36 in....what I now realize is for my set up, it is the distance from the bench top vent boot rather than the wall....and this works fine....but I am always cautious when I ignite the 2nd flame ring.

Old 2015-03-24, 8:43am

Lynn, what are you using for oxygen with the Bravo?

Old 2015-03-24, 12:39pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I've got 2 Regalia...10LPM....y-connect with tubing to delivery to each flame ring....on occasion I use both concentrators with the inner ring just to get more O2 purity.....but that is rare.....

Old 2015-04-03, 3:06pm
Now part of the Dark Side

I use 2 4"x8"x16" cement blocks as a backstop for my champion. I also have a 12"x12" morror tile so Ican see the back of my work. THe mirror and the blocks do not even get warm.
Old 2015-04-03, 4:10pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

36" should be plenty. I think I have less than that, and I always run my bravo with both rings as large as my 2 M-15s will allow. The metal sheeting I have in front of the wall barely gets warm.