Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2007-10-02, 11:24am

Default Andrea Guarino - Masters Class - 2008 dates

Many people have asked about my bead making process, especially the colors I use and the effects. I have been working on a class to let students explore the use of enamels and new ways to work with silver and PMC. This exciting new extended class will include a wealth of new information. This class is for ADVANCED BEADMAKERS. and will be taught at my Port Townsend studio, March 21, 22 and 23 (200. And another class is scheduled for March 28, 29 and 30 (200.

Here are some of the things we will cover:

1. Methods for using enamels to create wonderful blended and gradient colors on glass beads.

2. Create beautiful silver end caps using sterling silver disks and Precious Metal Clay. Once we have made the caps I will teach you how to rivet them on your own beads. We will also be applying silver cores to beads with a hole size up to ?" in diameter.

3. Students will learn how to do off-mandrel work (such as my hearts) and use twisted canes (created in the class) enamels and new glass stamps to decorate their work.

4. We will cover gold and silver fuming and make a nautilus, and ammonite beads

5. We will also cover the importance of good ventilation when doing silver and gold fuming as well as when using enamels. You will be given a set of instructions for easily making a powerful low cost, easy to set up ventilation system.

FOR DETAILS PLEASE GO TO:
http://andreaguarino.com/masterclass.html

Andrea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-10-02, 11:44am
"Sinners have soul too"

Can I come back again??? Pretty please, I promise to be good. Maybe you need a TA?
Hmmmm?

Old 2007-10-02, 11:51am

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
Can I come back again??? Pretty please, I promise to be good. Maybe you need a TA?
Hmmmm?
Donna you can always come back!!!!!!!

Old 2007-10-02, 11:55am
"Sinners have soul too"

Thanks!
Hey, guess what I got in the mail on Saturday?? A very cool postcard from Denmark!
Thanks for remembering me!

Old 2007-10-02, 12:25pm
Wild at Heart!

I wanna take it again! I think we'd all agree to be your TA If I'm not working and you need a TA, let me know

??
Old 2007-10-02, 1:21pm
Certified Glassaholic!

I'm so tempted but it's a bit far for me (NC!) and with airfare and accommodations it would put this class just out of my price range

Sigh...

Old 2007-10-02, 8:33pm
mystical cat lover 56

I wish I could too !
Old 2007-10-02, 10:26pm
dances with ideas...

Andrea, do you have specific guidelines for what you'd consider advanced?
I know it is a slippery slope.

Old 2007-10-05, 10:10am
Resident Luny

Someday, someday, when there's no little one needing me so much. hope you are still teaching in a couple years, Andrea! =) I have a post down in tips and techniques about your nautilus type beads and trying to find how to do the reactions in Bullseye...but even someday learning it in another glass type would sure be fun!

- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2007-10-13, 8:12pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

I sent in my deposit last week - can't wait until the end of March!
See you then Andrea!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2007-10-13, 8:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
I sent in my deposit last week - can't wait until the end of March!
See you then Andrea!

Cheers
Kathy
Hi Kathy!
Maybe we can get your twin to join us! I am really looking forward to having you at our studio! Maybe the Orca's will come by again!

Andrea

ps. only 1 opening left in this class and 2 in the 21,22 and 23 class

Old 2007-10-13, 9:27pm

I want to come back too!!!! I also want to see the Orca's!!!

Rebecca
Old 2007-10-13, 9:56pm

Hi Rebecca!!!!!!
You are welcome to come anytime! Come TA for me!!!!!!!!! It is only a trip all the way cross country! But we could go fossil hunting! LOL And also hope for Orca's to come by!

Andrea

Old 2007-10-13, 10:10pm

Hi Andrea!
And definitely worth traveling that far for!!! I forgot how bad I want to go fossil hunting again!!!!!!!!!! I'll come TA anytime!!!

LOL Orca's would just be icing on the cake!!!

Rebecca
Old 2007-10-17, 3:08pm

Question Just a Few Questions

I'd like to take one of Andrea's classes in March and I've sent her an email, but I know she's in Japan right now. So, if someone in a previous class can give me some info, I'd be grateful......what airport do you fly into (Seattle??), do you have to rent a car to drive to Port Townsend??, is there a hotel near Andrea's studio?? I just wondered what the additional expenses would be before I make the commitment.
Thanks so much! "Saffron"
Old 2007-10-17, 4:21pm

Wouldn't you know it, I just heard from Andrea......Fly into Seattle and rent a car. Port Townsend is 2 hours drive and most have stayed at the Harborside Inn
just in case others want to know.
Old 2007-11-07, 4:49pm
Always with a smile!

Can't do this, this year,maybe next.

) and
)
Old 2007-11-08, 8:56am

Default Best class

i have to say anyone who hasn't taken a class from Andrea this is the best class you will ever take. She shares tons, and her and Whit are the hosts ever! Its a must take class! I can't wait till she comes out with another idea and class. Maybe some cold work.
Old 2007-11-08, 12:37pm
Ghost Town Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogee View Post
i have to say anyone who hasn't taken a class from Andrea this is the best class you will ever take. She shares tons, and her and Whit are the hosts ever! Its a must take class! I can't wait till she comes out with another idea and class. Maybe some cold work.
I agree - it is a terrific class!

Next time we have to synchronize classes Marion...

Old 2007-11-08, 2:34pm

Default I agree!

I totally miss you guys Andrea you need to come up with a class for us! i SEE COLD WORK IN OUR FUTURE! Hint hint! I miss all the girls we need a get together.
Old 2007-11-08, 4:10pm

OK! I hear ya! I will work on some dates for more Masters Classes and some Cold Working classes as well! I had a great time with all of you!!!!!! Would love to have all of you back........... so would Towanda!

Andrea

Old 2007-11-09, 3:06pm

Default I can't wait!

I will look forward to hearing all about it! Thank You! It was the best class ever!
Old 2007-11-12, 2:56pm

The class, Andrea and Whit are all well worth the distance.......I traveled from South Africa and would do it again in a flash.
Carmen
Old 2007-11-12, 7:36pm
I'm not Barbie.

I just had all this in a private class with Andrea last week. I must say it was incredible and so was Andrea and Witt. I've NEVER FELT MORE WELCOME than I did in their home. And bring your camera!!! The coons put on quite a fun show!

Hi Andrea, made it home safe and sound after 2 weeks of beading paradise. Hope all is good for you!

Donna
Old 2007-11-18, 2:20pm
Cherine Perrin Glass

Wow, that sounds like fun! I'm taking your class in Feb. at Inspired Fire and am super excited!

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2007-11-19, 7:46am

Default J

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffron View Post
Wouldn't you know it, I just heard from Andrea......Fly into Seattle and rent a car. Port Townsend is 2 hours drive and most have stayed at the Harborside Inn
just in case others want to know.
Just came back from a class with Andrea. WOW the flight, car, drive is well worth the experience. The car was $142 for a week, did a few more things. Hotel was $65 per night, half because my buddy went with me. Off season prices. Watch out for deer running all over town. Raccoons tapping on Andrea's door to be fed. Great experience. The road is along the water and just a beautiful drive!! Frantz Glass is on the way. I would go again in a second even if I couldn't take a class from Andrea. Michael Barley lives there too and took a class from him. It was an experience of a life time. Go.
Old 2007-12-02, 10:56am

I just got done stating that people in the PNW are so lucky!!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !