Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2009-08-15, 12:43pm
ManBearPig

This is me in case any of you don't know what I look like....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-08-17, 9:24am
no more

we are loading up today, and we are bringing a ton of goodies!!

come check out all the deals we will be having this week. we are going to have great prices on starter and advanced torch kits. we will have amazing deals on paragon kilns as well! we will have lots of new color, new products, and lots of smiles at our booth, so make sure to stop by!!!
Old 2009-08-17, 10:46am

Well, I'm definitely not requesting the Yeehaw room!

If any of you are offered a "theme" room upon checking in...you may want to ask which theme it is - or if you can take a look at it first. Mine was quite interesting (in good and bad ways).

Jenny

Old 2009-08-17, 2:46pm

Cody: What about beer? Will there be beer at your booth? Let me know if not and I will pester Ross about that. You guys should definately carry beer since you have all the glass stuff under control.

Have a safe drive and I will try to stop by.

Old 2009-08-18, 6:14am

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennW View Post
Well, I'm definitely not requesting the Yeehaw room!

If any of you are offered a "theme" room upon checking in...you may want to ask which theme it is - or if you can take a look at it first. Mine was quite interesting (in good and bad ways).

Jenny
LOL! That was so funny they offer "theme" rooms! I've never heard of it... but the "yee haa" idea was a hoot. Maybe John Wayne stayed there once apon a time? Did it come complete with a bucking bronco ?

Been packing for the event for two days..... let the GAMES BEGIN! See you all there !

Old 2009-08-18, 7:05am
ManBearPig

I've been in a few of the theme rooms. Some aren't too bad, but the Egyptian and the Nautical room were pretty cheezy. Also, there are no windows in the theme rooms, so at night when you turn off the lights, it's completely dark. No ambient light at all.

Old 2009-08-18, 10:46am
Dangerous Woman

Two more sleeps till Chad's class!!! I can't wait!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2009-08-18, 12:16pm
ManBearPig

So much to do, so little time...

Been working frantically the last week trying to get enough stuff made to do the Meet the Teachers reception. I may be at a table with like 3 things in front of me...

Old 2009-08-20, 6:41pm
Dangerous Woman

Chad's class today was great! I learned sooooo much!

Old 2009-08-21, 4:25am
I poop flowers.

I am going, and I`m kinda bummed I won`t be taking any classes. Will there be any lampworking demos on the tradeshow floor? My friend will be with me and I want her to see what lampworking entails. She knows what lampworked beads are but doesn`t really know how they are made.

Velvet

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." ---Charles Dickens
Old 2009-08-21, 5:06am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahlamodie View Post
I am going, and I`m kinda bummed I won`t be taking any classes. Will there be any lampworking demos on the tradeshow floor? My friend will be with me and I want her to see what lampworking entails. She knows what lampworked beads are but doesn`t really know how they are made.
No. For some reason, they aren't doing a demo torch this year. This is the first year since I've been going to these shows that there hasn't been one. Not sure why...

Old 2009-08-22, 8:47pm
ManBearPig

Just got home about an hour ago. Had a great time, but glad to be back home. Got to meet some people I have never met before, and got to see some friends I haven't seen in a while. Also got to trade for some great glass.

Got a lot of ideas running through my head for new stuff to make, so hopefully I can get back out to the torch soon....

Old 2009-08-23, 6:27am
BeadsonCypress

Finally got to meet Ofilia (in PERSON) and spend some time with her, Cosmo (looks a little different without the HAT!), David Christensen(?) the funace glass guy and see soooo many I haven't seen in awhile. The teacher's reception was very crowded but I did get to meet and talk to Rashan who tried to calm my boro fears (well so did Chad aka Cosmo).
Oh if any of you ever get to see Stephanie Maddalena's florals....absolutely amazing!
Spent way to much, but got almost everything I needed. It was truly a shame that John Winter got cancelled (I wanted so much to take his metals class) and spent a moment or to nearby where Shannon Hill's booth area was and "spent a moment with him"
We gotta let the organizers know MORE LAMPWORKING NEXT YEAR!!!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator

Last edited by beadsoncypress; 2009-08-23 at 6:35am. Reason: additions
Old 2009-08-23, 10:11am
ManBearPig

Yeah. This was the first year they didn't have a demo torch set up as well. Not sure why...

Old 2009-08-24, 10:45am
no more

we tried to get them to let us set up a demo torch, but the promoters didn't want to use that space this year. wanted it for more concessions space. we will be working on getting it back for next year!!!
Old 2009-08-24, 12:05pm
ManBearPig

It wouldn't have been a big deal at all to just add one more torch back at the back of the top floor where the lampwork classrooms are. In the past 5 years that I've been there, the demo torch always attracted a huge crowd.

Actually, I think we should have had a demo torch at the ISGB booth. Maybe I'll talk to them about that and see if we can make that happen for next year.

Hopefully they will see the error of their ways for next season...

Old 2009-09-17, 8:51am
ManBearPig

Well, doesn't look like I'll be teaching there next year. The show ended August 23, and we got paid on Sept. 16. The deadline for submitting for next year's show was Sept. 15. That's right. Three weeks after the previous show ended.

The deadline used to be April or May of the year of the show, not three weeks after the previous show ended. They don't take submissions for the 2010 show until the 2009 show is over. So I guess you basically have a three week window to submit and that's it. I had such a good time at the past show that I was going to submit for next year (I've taught there the past 5 years) but I guess not now...

Old 2009-09-18, 11:47am
BeadsonCypress

call them........everyone loved your classes

Old 2009-09-18, 1:14pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadsoncypress View Post
call them........everyone loved your classes
I e-mailed the person that handles classes. She told me "class submissions closed on the 15th. It was all over our web site".

Old 2009-09-18, 5:02pm
BeadsonCypress

man, that's disappointing. Ask to be put on their stand-by list if anyone drops out!!

Old 2009-09-19, 4:31pm
Dangerous Woman

From what I understand they screw John Winters this past year too. That stinks! Chad would it be profitable for you to get booth space and sell stuff?

It was so nice meeting your wife and I know she enjoyed her classes. I got so much out of your class!

Old 2009-09-20, 7:21am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadsoncypress View Post
man, that's disappointing. Ask to be put on their stand-by list if anyone drops out!!
There isn't a stand-by list or anything. They don't get enough instructors as it is. In the past, all three lampworking classrooms were full all 4 days. This year one was only used one day, and the other two were only used a couple days. On the whole, there were a lot less classes overall than in previous years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
From what I understand they screw John Winters this past year too. That stinks! Chad would it be profitable for you to get booth space and sell stuff?

It was so nice meeting your wife and I know she enjoyed her classes. I got so much out of your class!
We're thinking about doing that. Booths are pretty expensive though. Figure in the hotel, boarding our animals for three or four days, food, etc., and we're looking at over $1000 just to get to the show.