No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-10-13, 11:30pm
I like to melt things

Default Glass Reaction / Neat Effect Index

If anyone is interested, I have just spent about 20 hours indexing the results of my glass colour tests on my blog. It is not a comprehensive list of reactions (boy, would that ever be a huge piece of work) but it encompasses all of the testing I have done and the reactions that I have observed while doing that testing.

It is at the bottom of my blog, so if you follow the link in my signature and then scroll down past the colour testing posts, it is there.

Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
Old 2011-10-14, 12:03am
Meet Molly

Will go there now. I enjoy reading updated and new lampwork material.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Neomi
Old 2011-10-14, 12:41am
Bohemian Bead Peddler

Wow, I'm blown away!! What an excellent, comprehensive body of work you've done, congratulations! I'm bookmarking so that I can come back often. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Old 2011-10-14, 5:53am
offically down under

Very cool! Well explained and photographed.

Old 2011-10-14, 6:39am

Smile

Fabulous resource. Fascinating results! Thanks so much for sharing all your findings.
Cherry
Old 2011-10-14, 6:55am
Lampworkaholic!

Love it Mel - thanks!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-10-14, 7:53am

This is awesome! Thank you SO much for sharing this!
Old 2011-10-14, 8:02am
Queen Bee

Very, very cool - how generous of you to share this! Thanks so much!!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2011-10-14, 8:53am

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have been slowly trying to do my own tests but they are not nearly as comprehensive as what you have in your blog. I've bookmarked your blog & will refer to it often. Thanks again!

Old 2011-10-14, 9:09am
randomly active member

Melanie I always enjoy reading your blog. Whenever I google for a specific color example and your blog comes up I get excited because I know what kind of thorough tests you have documented. My only complaint is that you haven't blogged about every single solitary color out there. I need MORE.
.:.

Old 2011-10-14, 10:10am
Jacqueline Parkes

You rock, thank you!

Old 2011-10-14, 10:22am
Uh Oh....

This is so helpful. I've been trying to mix colors with silver to get reactions. Going back to study the pictures more. Thanks for posting all the info!!

Old 2011-10-14, 12:35pm
I'm a lilac!

What a lovely resource! Thank you for putting this together to share with the community!

Old 2011-10-14, 3:14pm
I like to melt things

You're welcome everyone - I am glad you like it and hope it comes in handy

-
-
Old 2011-10-14, 4:45pm

You are amazingly generous AND talented - thank you!
Old 2011-10-14, 8:05pm
grama punky - class junky

wow! thank you, very cool.

Old 2011-10-14, 8:14pm
Superkitty

Thank you for sharing, Melanie!
Old 2011-10-14, 8:44pm
Sarah Jane's grandma

I can't wait to go look! Thanks for sharing this with us. It's so sweet of you!

Old 2011-10-14, 11:49pm

Melanie,
I just spent quite a while on your site, and love the photographs and details you've provided us all. I especially loved the copper green experiments with so many different glasses. Thank you!
Cheryl
Old 2011-10-15, 5:59am

Just love it! Thanks for your time and sharing!
Old 2011-10-15, 9:49pm

Thanks for sharing the results of all your hard work - it's a great read!
Old 2011-10-16, 6:48am

What a great resource. Thank you for such comprehensive testing. I know I'll use it often.
Old 2011-10-16, 7:39am

Melanie, this is so great! Thanks for sharing. I tried the Leaky Pen with silver foil and it's such a cool trick. I like it best on transparent cobalt -- looks like a space gallaxy in those beads. I'm having such fun, and that's with only one color!

Sooooo, who's gonna start the thread showing what everybody has done with Melanie's color reactions?????

Old 2011-10-17, 7:35am
Angie09

OMG!!! I read your color blog all the time ... but this is ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC!! What a great way to find what I need quickly. This is above and beyond and it is sooooo appreciated!!! Thank you for your kind generosity!
Old 2011-10-17, 7:56am
Mary Lockwood

Wow, that was a lot of work and very well done. Thank you for so generously sharing your knowledge.

Plus I learned about a new glass....candy corn. Never knew it existed and now I WANT it.

~~Mary

Old 2011-10-17, 8:39am
Master Lurker

I've always loved your blog. Awesome! Thank you for all of your hard work and sharing what you know!

Old 2011-10-17, 10:33am
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiedog View Post
My only complaint is that you haven't blogged about every single solitary color out there. I need MORE.
I know, right? What a slacker I am! I am working diligently to fill these holes, but the glass manufacturers refuse to cooperate and keep making new colours. How is a girl supposed to keep up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth
Plus I learned about a new glass....candy corn. Never knew it existed and now I WANT it.
I know what you mean... and this was a weird colour for me, because I was expecting to hate it but instead liked it very much. I don't have any more either, but see that Mike has it on sale for 65% off. If it actually made sense for me to order more glass I'd be tempted, but I seem to have quite a lot already and am having trouble justifying my last ten purchases.

Thank you for all of the nice feedback everyone! It is very rewarding, with all of this effort behind me and a great deal more in front of me, for people to be reading and liking the results of my work. It will help keep me motivated!

-
-
Old 2011-10-17, 5:50pm
apt to wander....

What an awesome thing you've shared!!! Thanks soo much!

PS - by the way I still LUST after that seashell swirl focal you once listed on Etsy - just so darn purty

Melissa
Old 2011-10-17, 8:08pm

Phenomenal resource! Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 2015-10-04, 2:08pm

Bump.