Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2008-06-02, 5:30am

Default Monkey's ?

Anyone remember seeing a tutorial for monkies? I'd like to make a few with bodies and a few heads but after some really futile attempts I thought it better to ask if anyone would mind sharing....pretty please.
Sharon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-06-02, 6:15am

Nikki makes monkeys....

(and she's soooo gonna kill me for posting that! )

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-06-02, 6:53am

I have found the trickiest thing with monkeys to be the color, so I usually go with a chimp. I use black and ivory.

For truly wild monkey heads, visit www.mountainrobbins.com; Wayne Robbins has an incredible imagination, and he has a real secret for doing eyes.
Good luck!
Kimmie

**at Bead and Button with PennyMichelle, booth 16 this year!***

[/size]
Old 2008-06-02, 1:43pm
Smooches!

Wow - Wayne Robbins makes some incredible Monkeys!

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-06-02, 2:48pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Nikki makes monkeys....

(and she's soooo gonna kill me for posting that! )
I made one I'll admit to... And I'm not sure how I made it.

I didn't think I'd like the way he would turn out, so I picked screaming ugly non-monkey colors to make him with. Surprise... he's cute. With maracas.

Unfortunately, no tutorial... If you listen to the carving advice of "If you want to make a bear... Carve away anything that's not a bear." and translate it to "Keep adding glass until it's a monkey" that would describe my technique.

(Holy croaks, he wasn't that huge on my page - my apologies... I'm linking, I don't want to resize and upload and take up Corri's space.)

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon

Last edited by NLC Beads; 2008-06-02 at 8:05pm.
Old 2008-06-02, 7:34pm

O.M.G.
That's not a monkey...that's KING KONG of the MARACAS!!!
(and I seem to recall a monkey living in my bead box...with um, a banana???)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-06-02, 8:04pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
O.M.G.
That's not a monkey...that's KING KONG of the MARACAS!!!
(and I seem to recall a monkey living in my bead box...with um, a banana???)
No. That's a deformed teddy bear with a fruit fascination.

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-06-06, 9:47am

Default monkey

this ones not a bead, i just winged it when i made it. there is a clear loop in the middle rear, it hangs on a wall in my nephews room.
ro
Attached Images

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-06-06, 10:45am
It's all about the color.

Wet Canvas had a Monkey Challenge in 2004. Here is the thread where they showed their Monkeys off. Perhaps you can glean some ideas from there.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2008-06-22, 11:18am

Thanks everyone! Going to go and indulge in some "monkey business" right now! I'll let everyone know how it goes...........
Sharon

Old 2008-06-24, 8:33pm
Creatrixie

Your interest has inspired me to try one out...
Okay, he didn't work out so well. I'll post a pic of his grotesqueness tomorrow!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2008-08-26, 3:33am

Oooh, I'm loving these monkeys! -- Sorry *editing to say - I missed that you were looking for bodies! I'm wondering about bodies too, I'm making my heads with hollow beads and thinking that with a body they are going to be too big of a thing.*
As a new monkey bead maker I'm having fun and finding that it's all in where you place certain things.

Sharon your monkeys are the best! I love how bright and cheerful your monkey sets are

One of my monkeys turned into a bear because I put his ears in the wrong the place, it's funny how one 'bit' in the wrong place can give you an entirely different beast!
Here's a couple of mine

Last edited by LouiseI; 2008-08-26 at 4:40am.
Old 2008-08-31, 2:53pm
Chrissy

Heres a monkey bracelet I made bananas and all: