Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2013-05-13, 3:46pm
TJ

Default Does anyone know where I can get an oxygen concentrator in Canada?

You need a medical prescription in Alberta to order an oxycon from a medical supply company. And the second-hand ones listed on Kijiji start at $1200 for a 5LPM one!

If there are any companies in the US that ship to Canada, I fear that the shipping charges would be around a hundred dollars alone, maybe more.

Is there not a reasonable alternative in Canada to obtain one? If you are in Canada and have an oxycon, can you please post how you got yours and how much it cost you?

Thanks!
Old 2013-05-13, 4:58pm
Melody of Glass

I ordred mine from Oxygen Unlimited (read the threads around that before you make a decision). It took longer than expected but eventually I got it and the price was good.

I got an M15 for about $300 if I recall. To ship it to me in London, Ontario would have been $150. I paid $50 (I think) to have it shipped to a border city and drove to pick it up.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-05-13, 5:02pm
I fart diamonds

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ477875733

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ480616408

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ445920230

I only went through a few pages, but found these. All $1000, or less. Search on "oxygen"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-05-13, 5:02pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
I ordred mine from Oxygen Unlimited (read the threads around that before you make a decision). It took longer than expected but eventually I got it and the price was good.

I got an M15 for about $300 if I recall. To ship it to me in London, Ontario would have been $150. I paid $50 (I think) to have it shipped to a border city and drove to pick it up.
^^^ That's what I would do.

Old 2013-05-13, 5:08pm
Melody of Glass

Depends on how close you are to a border city. I'm only about 40 min from Michigan but some folks can be 15+ hours....might not be worth it then!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-05-13, 5:39pm
TJ

I'm in Calgary, so it is about 7 hours to get to the border, not really doable!

I saw those Kijiji ads, but $1000 is pretty expensive. I am buying a Lucio torch, which I just found out needs a 15 LPM oxycon. That would be $3000 for three of those 5LPMs hooked up together!

I emailed Unlimited Oxygen but he said I have to go through Nortel glass for Canada. There are no prices on their site. I will try phoning tomorrow.
Old 2013-05-13, 6:03pm

Artistry in glass sells them as a dealer for unlimited oxygen. Don't know what your costs would be like to ship it to you though.

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-05-13, 6:47pm

Bought mine from Nortel about 2 years ago and their prices were really good. Ask for Jean, she is a great lady. Hint ... Work on getting her best price.

Lyne

My etsy

My Facebook page

Old 2013-05-13, 7:24pm

Jean is a really nice lady!

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-05-13, 8:58pm
TJ

Thanks guys! I have hope...
Old 2013-05-13, 9:05pm

check with Bedrock Supply in Edmonton too. I know they have sold them in the past. I got my O2 generator from them as well.
Old 2013-05-13, 9:39pm
Co-owner

We run a Hellcat off five Oxycons plumbed together. I bought all five from nursing homes and estate sales for $100 or less each. Four had less than 2,000 hours on them. Keep looking. Try Craislist as well.

PHONE: (385) 237-3365
OXYGEN 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0575
LAMPWORKING 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0576
Old 2013-05-14, 3:12pm
TJ

I just found out that Tiffany House sells refurbished units equivalent to an EX10 for $245. That sounds like the most affordable way to go.
Old 2013-05-14, 8:40pm
TJ

Do refurbished oxygen concentrators last as long as new units? Or half as long or less?
Old 2021-07-20, 12:18pm

Default Buy or rent Oxygen Concentrators

You can buy or rent quality Oxygen Concentrators from -"oxygoxygenconcentratorsforsale.online- They sell below manufacturer's price and offer free shipping and next day delivery.
Old 2021-07-21, 10:08am

They don't have any prices listed. You need to 'inquire' about any item....how can you be sure they are priced below manufacturer?
If they have nothing to hide, then show me your retail price and I'll buy it if I think it's a good deal.....just like every other reputable website out there.

Personally, I talked to Patrick at Bradshaw Oxygen and we discussed several options for me. He gave me prices over the phone but asked that I order on the website to facilitate shipping logistics, which totally made sense to me. I'd rather work with an oxycon dealer that is open and transparent over 'Purify'.

Oxygen Unlimited also has good deals but I felt their reputation wasn't quite as good as Bradshaw with prices being nearly the same. The EX-20 seems like the best deal over there.
My $0.02
Old 2021-07-21, 10:15am

***CORRECTION***

The second company I mentioned is Extreme oxygen, not Oxygen Unlimited. They make and sell the EX-20 but ARB Imagery also sells them.