LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-05-19, 1:53pm

hmmm that sounds interesting. no purple rose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-05-19, 2:16pm
I fart diamonds

One of my favorite colors!! Here's another thread:

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30318

Old 2011-05-19, 3:37pm

Shawnette, you are a star - thank you so much. I'll have another play with it now you've given me inspiration

You can't shine if you don't burn
Old 2011-05-19, 4:52pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

I don't have a picture right now, but I use it for the reactions it creates. I like the organic webbing look, and in furnace glass it is harder to achieve than in the torch. It reacts with other silver colors and concentrates the brown to the center of the frit spot with varying colors to the outside.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by PittsGlass; 2011-05-19 at 4:53pm. Reason: just realized how out of date this is
Old 2011-05-20, 3:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
All of the Kuglar reduction frits are amazing. I use them all of the time.
The Copper Ruby is STUNNING!
Cynthia,

What do you recommend for the base glass when using Copper Ruby??
And, what then?? Do you reduce it for a metallic shine, or cool it for a raku effect?

Thank you!

Linda
Old 2012-03-19, 11:14am
@miniuniworld

I just tried to buy some copper ruby frit from Frantz over the weekend and got a reply that they are all sold out =( and won't get anymore... Would love to see what some of your work with it! =) please post?
Old 2012-03-20, 9:51am
Glass-aholic

its awesome mixes with silver blue or silver green reduction frit! especially over silvered ivory. Its my go to frit for wine stoppers that are just TDF! i just cannot find a pic! I think in Kalera's ask me anything thread there may have been info on this luscious glass too. If not that thread, it was around the time it was 15 pages long LOL.

ETA whilst searching for a pic to post, i see you have all concluded what i was trying to find hahah Yay! that didnt take long

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2012-03-20 at 9:55am.
Old 2012-03-20, 10:37am
one day at a time

I love it!! I'm just going to have to experiment with it more when I have time.
Old 2012-03-21, 5:51am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci View Post
its awesome mixes with silver blue or silver green reduction frit! especially over silvered ivory. Its my go to frit for wine stoppers that are just TDF! i just cannot find a pic! I think in Kalera's ask me anything thread there may have been info on this luscious glass too. If not that thread, it was around the time it was 15 pages long LOL.

ETA whilst searching for a pic to post, i see you have all concluded what i was trying to find hahah Yay! that didnt take long
Jaci - is this for Opal Brown or Copper Ruby? I have both and would love to get the best from them.

Old 2012-03-22, 7:21pm
Glass-aholic

Both

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2012-03-25, 2:53pm

Thanks, Jaci