Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-08-29, 6:57am

Default I need a Mac-compatible webhost w/templates

Is anyone on a Mac? I need a website, but it has to be drag-and-drop with templates and it has to be compatible with a Mac. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cheryl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-08-29, 7:46am
birdergirl ~o~

Have you tried the iWeb Application that comes with a mac? It has templates to make drag and drop pages.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2007-08-30, 1:27pm

It's not pre-installed on my Mac, at least not that I know of. But I will check. What I really need is an all-inclusive package.

No one else is on a Mac?

Cheryl

Old 2007-08-30, 4:22pm

I'm on a MAC and I use Pappa Shop. Works well for me. No problems. Not drag and drop but it's so easy to use and everything works as uploads so I don't know why you are insisting on drag and drop. I've been on a MAC for years!!!

Old 2007-08-30, 10:24pm

I want drag and drop because so far I haven't been able to figure out any kind of coding and I don't want to struggle through it. I want everything to be as easy and no-brainer as possible. I can't even do an LJ cut without having to look it up and cut and paste it. My brain just doesn't work that way! And it's not the Mac I don't like. I love my Mac, and I'll never go back to a PC!

Cheryl

Old 2007-09-03, 9:26am

Hi Cheryl,

I'm a MacHead and here's what I use:

http://www.macwebsitebuilder.com

It has templates that are pretty easy to use. At first I used what was available on the site. I've slowly learned to customize the templates so that I have my own banner on the site now. Not cheap but compatible. One complaint I have with it is the email. You can customize the email for explorer, but not foxfire which is the browser I use. So I don't really use the email that comes with it.

Another beadmaker I know uses

http://www.machighway.com/

she says that's a good deal - but she's able to write html code. I haven't used it so don't know about the templates.

Cindy

Old 2007-09-03, 9:54am

i use the iWeb application... it's easy, and it came with my Macbook...

melanie

Old 2007-09-05, 6:35pm
It's all about art.

My son uses Iweb : www.alxwhite.com I am working on a new site with Iweb and Keynote.

I would love to have a channel here for Mac users. It is harder to switch from a pc than start with a Mac and I could use help all to often.

Old 2007-09-06, 9:07pm
It's all about art.

This thread got me going on my website...again, and this is what I have learned.
If you upgrade to idisc you will get on the Mac server. In addition to your web site you can have additional web sites for the same price.

Iweb is an additional program. It is easy to use and with Iphoto you can put pages together very quickly. You can edit photos with iphoto too. Iweb has templates or start with a blank page.

Hope you will check it out.

Old 2007-09-06, 10:37pm

I think before I can do much of anything I will have to upgrade to a newer mac. Mine is an old G3 with only a 350mhz processor. It's pretty slow and there's a lot I can't do on it. I want to upgrade to a Mac Mini or a used G4. I don't have iWeb on this mac. I checked. I'd have to buy it and I'm not sure this machine could handle it. I'd rather wait till I upgrade.

Cheryl