Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-07-17, 9:37am

Default I want to buy a kiln

which one do I want?

I am a beginning lampworker. Have taken only one 2 hour class.

feel free to point me to reviews/critiques of kilns I need to consider.

(i'm assuming it 'depends on what I want to use it for.' Well, short term to anneal beads. So that is main function. If there is something like "well, if you ever want to fuse dichrioc glass, you need a kiln with xxx, or if you want to do PMC, you need xxxx", please jump in with it!)

thanks much!
Nancy
Old 2008-07-17, 9:56am
Wild at Heart!

I LOVE my Glass Hive kiln and Mike is THE man when it comes to customer service!!

It does beads and fusing and I think any of the kilns will do PMC.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kristi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

??
Old 2008-07-17, 11:49am

I got a JenKen from 2lasses. No problems at all after 2 years and I can fuse and anneal with it. They shipped fast.

-Carol
Old 2008-07-17, 12:31pm
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
I LOVE my Glass Hive kiln and Mike is THE man when it comes to customer service!!

It does beads and fusing and I think any of the kilns will do PMC.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kristi
i second kristi!
i absolutely love my kiln.

Old 2008-07-17, 12:42pm
Sheryll

Paragon SC-2 with a bead door, great for beads, can be used for small fusing, enamels, pmc, etc.

But I would recommend you ask Corri to move this thread to "Tips, Techniques, and Questions" room. You will get more responses and you can also perform a search in that section - lots and lots of threads - this question gets asked a lot.

Old 2008-07-17, 2:44pm
MomOnAMission

I agree with Kristi & Ali ~ Mike's THE man!!
Old 2008-07-17, 4:13pm

I have a chilli Pepper for bead work and also a Skutt Kiln for fusing. If I had a choice I'd get a smaller fusing/annealing kiln just so it doesn't take so long to heat up for little stuff.
I love them both. I don't really think you can go wrong with any one u buy.
Just figure out what you have budgeted for one and go from there.
Good luck....

Old 2008-07-17, 4:13pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Quote:

Kristi

What she said !!!

Kathy

Old 2008-07-17, 6:31pm

I also have a JenKen from 2lasses. Very reasonably priced for a kiln with a digital controller. Great service.

Debbie
Old 2008-07-17, 7:31pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

where I got mine also!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-07-17, 7:39pm
da General

I am with most everyone here . . . Mike Crowley's the glass hive kiln is IT! Love mine! And Mike provides the best customer service in the industry . . . I know I sound like a commercial but I have not even met the man! lol!

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-07-17, 8:06pm
Just Plain

Glass Hive for me all the way, too. I use mine for beads and for PMC.

Old 2008-07-17, 9:10pm
Shelarious

I love my Jen Ken from Centre DeVerre:

Old 2008-07-18, 12:41pm

I agree that Mike from the Glass Hive makes some awesome kilns but don't forget about Arrow Springs...they make some really great kilns too.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
Old 2008-07-18, 7:03pm
The Crazy One

I just sold my Paragon, I just couldn't see me using it again! I LOVE my Glass Hive kiln and the customer service can't be beat!

Old 2008-07-19, 9:50pm

Glass Hive all the way Baby!
Jen
Old 2008-07-22, 6:02pm
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

WOW can you see me blushing

Mike

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.
Old 2008-07-22, 7:35pm
Christine

I have a Paragon F-120 and I really like it - I have done PMC in it and also annealed my beads......

Old 2008-08-04, 8:45pm

Glasshive all the way!!!
Looooove my kiln

Old 2008-08-04, 9:18pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Listen...I have a Jen-ken, buy a Glass Hive!

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2008-08-05, 4:02am
BeadsonCypress

If you can afford it Glass Hive....if you can't afford it save up for one. The rest don't really compare...

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2008-08-05, 6:03pm
A True Woofer

Another happy Glasshive kiln owner here!

Old 2008-08-11, 9:22pm
Dances With Fire

bought a jen ken as my first kiln...wish I bought the glass hive I jhave now...would have saved me a few hundred and I could have gottent he bigest one!

GLASSHIVE mike rocks !

crystal

who thought she would fuse...then realized it would probably not happen! only so many hours in the day and there is soooo much to learn from soft glass. I have heard you shouldnt use the glass kilns for pmc...gunks up the elements..feel free to correct me : )

Wouldn't it be nice if, whenever we messed up our life, we could simply press " Ctrl Alt Delete" and start all over?

Old 2008-08-12, 12:44pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Glasshive all the way!
Not only does Mike make the best kilns he stands behind them 100%.
Plus he is a wonderful honest person to deal with, and always available to his customers.