Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2010-06-16, 3:58am
sunscreen me baby

silver glass..... ok, I'll play with it Carol. But only because you said so
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-06-16, 6:14am

I think Verde Muschio is interesting in color, if it really is translucent. (Haven't tried it yet, but it looks interesting).

I like to work with translucent glasses and there don't seem to be many/any options in more soft or earthy colors in 104 COE (not that there are many options anyway). You've got the opalino greens, and Kryptonite in CIM.
Old 2010-06-16, 6:15am

Quote:
The Verde reacts nicely with raku, silver, and striking silver glasses. If I can ever get on speaking terms with my camera again, I'll try and post some pix. I definitely want to stock up on more of this as a base color.
Is it really translucent?
Old 2010-06-16, 6:33am
sunscreen me baby

I made flower discs with it and it didn't stay translucent for me.

~

Old 2010-06-16, 10:14am

I think you will like how it reacts. Try rolling it in silver foil/leaf and then cover that with a raku twisty for some really pretty colors. Mardi, the verdi goes opaque in the heat and stays that way.

Old 2010-06-27, 9:34pm
Formerly Sassygirl

Try the pesto on the biscotti it is wonderful.

Old 2010-06-29, 9:24am
Burning through glass

I really really like the Pale Pesto and Cream, (try working with them and silver glass together) but darn those SPECKS! WHY do they have to have SPECKS? I see it and think "dirty glass"! I'm going to use what I have anyway, but probably won't get more.....unless they get rid of the specks/dirt.

Just my two cents

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2010-06-30, 7:31pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

I'd like to see some nice new pinks. Ones that are saturated would be nice, as well as some different pastels.

These colors... well, not my thing.

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-07-01, 12:03am
I'm meeeeelting

I love the new greens! I was loving Mauvelous at first when I got some nice taupes, but I'm not feeling the pinkish undertones that I'm getting from some of the rods. I guess that'd be the mauve. Pale pesto rolled in green enamel and then etched makes a very cool old tile or porcelain look.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-07-01, 12:10am
Entropy increasing....

I like the specs. My favorite DH experimental was filled with little white dots that looked like stars in a night sky.
Old 2017-03-26, 5:14am

I got some pale pesto last week - I love the pale green. Kevan, your goddess made with it is beautiful and that is the color I thought I was getting. But mine turned pinkish. Is there a trick to getting green? Thanks if anybody has any advice
Old 2017-03-26, 12:40pm
Salt Box Beads

This thread is hecka old, chances are the pale pesto made now is different from the original odd lot sold years ago. And yes, Kevan's Goddess is fantastic (as always).
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But hopefully some peeps will reply that are getting good results from the current batches.

Old 2017-03-26, 2:33pm

Default Same Old....

Quote:
This thread is hecka old, chances are the pale pesto made now is different from the original odd lot sold years ago. And yes, Kevan's Goddess is fantastic (as always).

But hopefully some peeps will reply that are getting good results from the current batches.

This color, whether it was bought 10 years ago or last Friday, came from one production. Of course there can be slight difference betwen the beginning of the production to the end of the production, but it comes from the same production, and there is plenty more available.

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2017-03-26, 7:24pm
Naysayer

thanks for the heart attack echeveria boosting this

I thought maybe they were back in production.
Old 2017-03-27, 1:47pm
Salt Box Beads

Quote:
This color, whether it was bought 10 years ago or last Friday, came from one production. Of course there can be slight difference betwen the beginning of the production to the end of the production, but it comes from the same production, and there is plenty more available.

Mike
Thanks for that info.

I know that when the ingredients change even a little the colors can change also. I talked with Kathy (CIM) about this when she first started messy colors and I was testing for her.
Is there an explanation for Echeveria's turning pink besides the one I gave, which in my opinion has been valid with some colors over the years such as EDP, opal yellow etc.

Come to think of it my old opal yellows have a lot of pink in them. I do believe quite a few production colors have changed over the years and most not for the better.
Old 2017-03-27, 4:00pm

I will post my test beads. I found some of the original in my stash. What I got was very different, both in the rod and as melted. I did samples of the new order, the older purchase, ELO pale, Biscotti and Mauvelous. I meant to send them to Frantz today but got busy.
Old 2017-03-28, 9:27am
Salt Box Beads

I would love to see the results. Any color that comes with a pink blush to it or can be coaxed into a pretty pink is a plus in my stash!
Old 2017-03-28, 10:12am

Hope my phone pics work for this. The loose bead was my original sample bead that made me go - pesto?? It has copper green dots and Botero lines.
Attached Images

Last edited by echeveria; 2017-03-28 at 10:22am.
Old 2017-03-28, 10:41am

Frantz agrees that what I got is Mauvelous and is sending me the correct glass. Thanks to Frantz for pain free resolution!
Old 2017-03-28, 11:26am

Nice Job Mike. I love both colors and was thinking your test beads looked like the mauvelous too. Glad they are so wonderful to work with and are sending you the pesto
Old 2017-03-28, 2:29pm
Burning through glass

Pale Pesto and Biscotti names got switched around about two years ago.....I know because I brought my cane to Mike at the Albq. gathering to have him take back to the shop and check it out. I talked to a great employee who sorted it out, and sure enough, "Pale Pesto" was renamed "biscotti"......so, unless it has been switched again, if you order "biscotti" you will actually be getting the green 'pale pesto'.

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2017-03-28, 5:03pm

They don't have any biscotti listed, so I guess it is all pale pesto again.
Old 2017-03-28, 5:09pm
Salt Box Beads

Well, mystery solved....LOL Sometimes pictures are worth they're weight in gold!