Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-09-08, 11:33pm

Default Sony Cybershot DSC -S650 --- Is this camera any good?

It has 7.2 mp. Does anyone use this camera for taking pics of beads? My sister gave me this camera and everything on it works perfectly.....except that it doesn't have a USB cable and I can't find one anywhere!
Anyway unless I find a USB cable, I can't even put the pictures I have taken on my computer to see if I can edit them to make them look decent.
So I decided to see if anyone on here has this camera and uses it. If so, can you post a picture of your beads taken with it? It would make me really happy!
It's a choice of this: If someone else has this camera and likes it, I'll keep it and find a USB cable for it. If not, I'll just buy another camera.
Old 2008-09-09, 12:10am
-boring beads-

I use the Sony Cybershot H3 (8.1 mp)...and before that I´ve used Sony Cybershot W1 (5.2 mp). Yours should be somewhere in the middle then...I´ve always loved these cameras and as long as I cannot afford a really huge professional one...I would always get another Sony Cybershot....

As for the USB cable...if you cannot find one that fits, you could probably get yourself a card reader/storage device...I use such a thing when on vacation and when I do not take a computer. You just put the memory card in there and download the pictures...and then you can plug the card reader into your computer and download the pictures there....

Anastasia
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-09, 5:05pm
Shelarious

That's the exact camera I use. My picture taking skills are not good, and I call myself a bead noobie, but here are a few unedited photos I took from that camera. I liked how the camera dealt fairly with the colors and I can get nice detail shots with it. I make sure to take pictures outside in full sun.

Old 2008-09-09, 8:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
I use the Sony Cybershot H3 (8.1 mp)...and before that I´ve used Sony Cybershot W1 (5.2 mp). Yours should be somewhere in the middle then...I´ve always loved these cameras and as long as I cannot afford a really huge professional one...I would always get another Sony Cybershot....

As for the USB cable...if you cannot find one that fits, you could probably get yourself a card reader/storage device...I use such a thing when on vacation and when I do not take a computer. You just put the memory card in there and download the pictures...and then you can plug the card reader into your computer and download the pictures there....

Anastasia

Thanks for that info about the card, Anastasia. I have no clue about cameras! I will definitely see if I can find one.
Old 2008-09-09, 8:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshelle View Post
That's the exact camera I use. My picture taking skills are not good, and I call myself a bead noobie, but here are a few unedited photos I took from that camera. I liked how the camera dealt fairly with the colors and I can get nice detail shots with it. I make sure to take pictures outside in full sun.

Those beads are gorgeous! And the photographs you took of them with this camera are beautiful......so, I think I'll keep this camera. A BIG THANKS for posting those pictures! That one picture looks like your bead is sitting in the snow....very pretty and detailed. I'm amazed at the closeup details you can get with this camera, it's a keeper.
Old 2008-09-10, 9:59am
Shelarious

Thank you, glad I could help. I like that it takes decent movies, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgRkGXtWmr4

(That is snow. )

Old 2008-09-10, 6:15pm
Patti

If by chance this camera takes the same type of usb cable as the Cannon Powershot S1IS then I've got several and I'd be happy to mail you one.

"Different Strokes for Different Folks" - Sly and the Family Stone
Old 2008-09-10, 9:53pm

Thank you, that is so generous of you! But I got one today, even though I had to drive out of town to the nearest radio shack to get it. It's a universal one I think, that fits any camera with an 8 pin, something or other!