Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-11-23, 12:51pm
Corgi Cult Member

Default Best way to print large number of photos?

For Christmas, I would like to print the photos DS took while in China this summer. He took over 2000, but I have pared the list down by about half which is still a significant number.

Any advice on the easiest, (I'm tech impaired), and most cost effective way to print them? Seems like I always have trouble uploading photos to online services when it's more than just a couple photos. Oh, they are currently on iphoto if that makes a difference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-23, 4:19pm
"Sinners have soul too"

No advice on that but what are you going to do with 1000 printed photos??

Oh, you know, I think my hubby has some of his photos done at Costco.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-23, 5:00pm

Kathy, have you thought of doing something really special with them, like.....http://www.blurb.com

For Christmas last year my daughter made a beautiful book for me. It's really easy, just download the format you want and place your pics in there - assuming you can get them off the phone! Then upload the whole thing and they will print the book for you. It is really nice quality! I noticed last year that a few glass artists have used this site to print their own books.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-11-26, 2:18pm
Butterfly Rancher

Photo books are very nice. My DIL did one for each of the parents and grandparents from her wedding photos. Any of the online sites such as Snapfish will create photobooks. I'm not familiar with iPhoto but if you can get a CD or DVD of all the photos you want, then there are also photo kiosks by both Kodak and HP that will do photo books, individual prints, collages, etc. The kiosks are in places like drug stores, Walmart, Target, Best Buy etc.

The last time I ordered prints (I have a little dedicated photo printer for most of my photo printing), everywhere was pretty much the same. I think it was $.06 a print. Sometimes if you sign up for something like Snapfish, they'll give you a number of prints free.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2009-11-26, 2:32pm

I'm doing some books this year with iPhoto (with my Mac) for my inlaws, and for my son with his photos from his last two trips to Central America. It's REALLY easy to use.

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2009-11-26, 2:34pm

re: the Kodak site. A few years ago, while we were temporarily Mac-less, I made a calendar on the Kodak site for my inlaws. It was very easy to do (uploading and arranging) and it turned out well.

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2009-11-28, 8:49am

Sometimes walgreens has sales for .10 each. I have found that the quality really varies with location (probably due to age of equipment and how it's maintained) so you may want to have some test prints done first. Also,if you do any cropping, let them know so your pics don't end up cropped.

Mary
Old 2009-11-28, 9:59am
Macaw Mamma

I agree...... Walgreens... have gotten mine for 9 cents each a few times they do a great job and I usually get the CD made for a few extra bucks...... oh I order online and have them mailed

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken