No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-29, 7:55am
Resident Luny

Default 2 creation station questions

1.) Where do you guys put your hoses re: the station once it's in place? Off to the side under one of the arm rests....?

2.) This is a dumb question, sorry. I got mine a couple months ago, I opened it. Put it on a table. Looked a day or two later. There was a purple thing in the box. Kinda looks like someone cut a section of those "noodles" kids use in swimming pools, long floaty things. It's about 2" wide. Did it come with it? What is it? If not, then I wonder what it is and how it got on my table. The directions say nothing about it, but I don't know how it could have entered my house otherwise.

It's $#@%#$ Friday!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2005-07-29, 8:59am

Default Creation Station Answers

1. I screwed in a garage hook, the type people use to hang things from the ceiling, like bicycles, on the underside of my table towards the back and just run my hoses right down the middle and straight back and place them in the hook part and then they go down to my oxycon and out the window to the propane. This keeps my hoses away from my legs and keeps them tidy (practically the only "tidy" area of my studio). The type of hook I'm talking about is about five inches long. Here's a link to a picture of one, they're pretty cheap and you can find them in any hardware store:

http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/28...k--684599.aspx

2. Your "noodle" was part of the protective shipping wrapping. Just toss unless you're like me, then you can save it because "you'll never know when you might NEED something like that." hehe

Nanette
Old 2005-07-29, 6:52pm
It's time to sparkle

I second Nanette.
But my hoses just hang from the middle, go down under the table. And then-here's the best part-when I brush against one of them, my old instincts flare up in alarm that I'll bump my torch onto my lap. But it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally have it safely clamped in my Creation Station.

I'm jealous. I didn't get any purple noodles...

Old 2005-08-02, 10:25am
The Venerable Bead

OH I put that purple noodle aside too thinking I was supposed to use it somehow. Glad to know I can toss it now. LOL
Love my Creation station BTW!