Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-11-04, 10:09am

Default boro gallery nov 4-?

some new items Rosanimal TM PalmTree 1 of 25 is 5" long by 4x4" a gift for a doctor retiring from his practice to teach Lyme disease literacy to other doctors. see www.turnthecorner.org to help find a cure and spread proper treatment protocols to doctors about this dibilitating disease.

pendant is first silicon inclusion attempt.
ro
Attached Images

Old 2006-11-04, 1:45pm

Nice tree! Such a good cause too. I just had a blood test for Lyme this week. Negative, yay me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-05, 11:44am
mystical cat lover 56

Very nice !!!
Old 2006-11-06, 9:27am

Cool~! I love creative sculptural eyecandy!
very nice!

Jo
Old 2006-11-06, 10:57am
Where's the coffee?

Don't laugh...these are my first attempt at boro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-06, 11:49am

Ro, that tree is awesome! What a wonderful and symbolic gift.
Angie, those are great beads! Color and shape is wonderful--are you SURE this is your first attempt at boro? Go make more!
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com
Old 2006-11-06, 1:17pm
Where's the coffee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotflashwanda
Angie, those are great beads! Color and shape is wonderful--are you SURE this is your first attempt at boro? Go make more!
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com
Thanks Anita! Well, I guess technically it is my second...the first time I was using my minor with only one concentrator so I only made a bead or two. Way too impatient for that I have a bag of student shorts from GA so I have no idea what any of the colors are supposed to look like.

Old 2006-11-06, 4:18pm

Awesome beads, Angie. Love the colors!

Well, this newbie boro obsessor is coming along nicely thanks to the teachings of Smiley! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
I just LOVE the boro.

Sorry to hog, I'm just so gosh darned proud.
lol

Jo-jo
Old 2006-11-06, 4:59pm

Jo, holy crap!!! That first one is killer!

Old 2006-11-06, 5:40pm
Skeptical Optimist

Jo Those Rock!!!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2006-11-06, 6:56pm

Awesome colors Jo!

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-11-07, 9:22am
Does it come in Purple???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekbeads
Awesome beads, Angie. Love the colors!

Well, this newbie boro obsessor is coming along nicely thanks to the teachings of Smiley! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
I just LOVE the boro.

Sorry to hog, I'm just so gosh darned proud.
lol

Jo-jo
OMG - you should be proud - those are awesome!!!

My kiln is cranking as I type - can't wait to see what is in there when I get home from work tonight

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2006-11-07, 9:35am

Jodie... thanks,..... make sure you show us all ok?
I love the eyecandy... mmmmm... colors!!!!!!!!!

Jo
Old 2006-11-07, 9:54am
Virginia Beach, VA

angie.. those beads are great....
sleekbeads~ yummy pendants

here are a few more boro sculpture pendants jeff made last night! hope you like them. they will be on ebay tonight sometime! sandra

Old 2006-11-07, 11:31am

That frog is very cute.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-11-07, 11:44am

Yeah, I totally love the frog, love everything, but the frog has a personality all his own!

Jo
Old 2006-11-07, 5:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekbeads
Jodie... thanks,..... make sure you show us all ok?
I love the eyecandy... mmmmm... colors!!!!!!!!!

Jo
You asked for it - you got it

It's sooooooo sad

My kiln misbehaved Now I have to do a test fire to see if it was my mis-programming or the kiln. I had some really cool freeform pendants and some really cool button beads I'm just sick - I only get an hour a week to torch

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2006-11-07, 5:45pm
Nah, not really...;)

WTH Jodie? Poopie!

Are you coming on Saturday or what? Huh? Huh? You tell your husband you have to go damnit.

Old 2006-11-07, 5:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass
WTH Jodie? Poopie!

Are you coming on Saturday or what? Huh? Huh? You tell your husband you have to go damnit.
Yea he said sure - go - but it will cost you 2 tanks of gas and a hotel charge - my driving companion backe out so I don't think I can make it - I will call you tomorrow

~~

Old 2006-11-07, 5:50pm

OMG,Jodie! That kiln must have gone wackadoodle! Sorry.
Jo, your implosion pendants are awesome!!
Sandra, tell Jeff his sweet dolphins and frog look so cool, they have personality!
Flame on, everyone!
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com
Old 2006-11-07, 7:32pm

Jodie, that really stinks! However, is there anyway that you can salvage the pieces and maybe rework them and turn them into something else. For some reason I see a potential there that is really intriguing. What are the colors like? Did they unstrike since they were so hot? I would really like to see some more photos if you are up to it.

Eric

Old 2006-11-07, 7:38pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort
Jodie, that really stinks! However, is there anyway that you can salvage the pieces and maybe rework them and turn them into something else. For some reason I see a potential there that is really intriguing. What are the colors like? Did they unstrike since they were so hot? I would really like to see some more photos if you are up to it.

Eric
I will take better photos - the glass melted and fused with the fibre blanket - it will take some work to get them free and cleaned up. I have received a lot of ideas from my post in the bathroom. I will let you know tomorrow

~~

Old 2006-11-08, 8:52am

Oh crappitydoodah, Jodie. I feel your pain. There is nothing worse than spending hours at the torch and having disaster set in.
However, I think Eric is right, and if you know ANYONE who knows me, you'll find that they'll vouch for the fact that I RARELY throw in the towel.
When something goes awry... there is ALWAYS a way to fix it.
lol... I just hate wasting glass! Ask Patty.. lol

good luck.

Jo
Old 2006-11-09, 4:06am

Awesome works here!! I'm having serious torch withdrawal. Haven't been able to light the torch for a couple of weeks. Now I want to really, really badly......but I've got to get ready to go to school (they frown upon not showing up so that you can stay home and play with fire...go figure )....BUT I'm planning on leaving right after the kids....that allure of the flame is just toooooo strong today
Kim V