Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2008-08-14, 6:56pm
2LeftShoes

Default Art in the Bag - Cancer Benefit Seeking Donations for Omaha, NE event

The Midwest Lampworkers Guild is hosting their first-ever "giving back" event on October 17th at the Hot Shops Art Center in Omaha, NE and we need your help.

Our event is called "Art in the Bag" and will benefit Cancer Awareness, Research and Care. The feature event is a silent auction of "bags" with accompanying beaded accessories.

This is where you come in . . . we are needing artisans to donate either their interpretation of a "bag" (any medium accepted) or a beaded accessory (example: key chain, zipper pull, beaded pen, etc.) or BOTH!

For more information on this upcoming event and how to donate, please visit our website at www.artinthebag.blogspot.com

All artisans will be credited on the website and within our auction brochure.

If you'll be in the Omaha area on October 17th, we hope that you will join us for the evening of cocktails, hors d'oeurves and jazz! Ticket information will be on the website soon.

thank you for considering a donation to this event!

Kelli

Old 2008-08-22, 4:50am
2LeftShoes

Tickets are now on sale for the Art in the Bag Event on Friday, October 17th at the Hot Shops Art Center in Omaha, NE.

Tickets can be purchased directly on the website at: www.artinthebag.blogspot.com

Or email mlguild@cox.net for instructions if you'd prefer to pay by check.

Kelli
Old 2008-09-01, 9:03am
Still makin' flowers...

I have a perfect bag here for you, pink and everything. Can I still donate?
I'll get it into the mail to you tomorrow, if the answer is "yes."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2008-09-02, 11:06am
2LeftShoes

Smile The answer is YES! Definitely Yes!

Yes! We are still accepting donations for our silent auction.

They can be mailed to:
Kelli Sweet
7723 Greenleaf Dr
LaVista, NE 68128

I can't wait to see your pink bag!

Kelli
Old 2008-09-03, 4:10am
phrit phreak

WOW Kelli! I just went to the blog! Looks like you guys have been busy!
I need to get a pic of my bag so you can get it on the site.
Hannah I can't wait to see what your bag looks like! Thank you so much for supporting this!

Old 2008-09-03, 8:26pm
2LeftShoes

Hannah has mailed the bag . . . but you can see it on her blog. It is fabulous! I can't wait to receive it in the mail. We'll get it up on the Art in the Bag site as soon as we can for all to see. This is going to be an amazing silent auction.

Hannah's blog
www.goodrivergallery.blogspot.com/

www.artinthebag.blogspot.com
Old 2008-09-06, 9:31am
phrit phreak

Ok I got busy today and took a picture of the bag and matching wallet I bought to donate to the auction. (I sew like a 3yr old..so I bought mine )
I bought it from DaisyandJane at etsy.

Old 2008-09-08, 12:17pm
2LeftShoes

Default Fabulous bag!

Lori -> that bag is TOO CUTE! Love, love, love it!

Hannah's bag came in the mail this weekend. It is TOO CUTE TOO!

If anyone else is interested in making a donation of either a bag or a beaded accessory such as a key ring, beaded pen, zipper pull, etc. There is still time!

Tickets for the event are also on sale now at www.artinthebag.blogspot.com. If you're going to be in the Omaha area, we'd love to have you join us for this fun evening benefitting some fabulous cancer organizations including Candelighters and the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance. (September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month)

Kelli

Last edited by sweetkelli; 2008-09-08 at 7:51pm. Reason: add url
Old 2008-09-17, 1:34pm
phrit phreak

I got a wristlet donation the other day!! I will be sending you the check in the mail! Wouldn't it be neat if someone would donate a masectomy goddess for a door prize? .....mmmmmmmm.....

Last edited by LoriBird; 2008-10-05 at 4:05am.
Old 2008-10-05, 4:08am
phrit phreak

We got a ton of new purses in this weekend!! Click on the banner and check them out!
CC2...Margie E Picked yours up yesterday at the Hot Shops.....I LOVE the tyedye one!!

Old 2008-10-08, 8:19pm
2LeftShoes

The flour sack pattern is very cool -- I can see why you like it. My pattern supply for bags/purses is multiplying like gremlins. I need to put a stop to the purchasing . . . and get sewing what I already have.

I'm heading out to Cozad for quilt retreat this weekend. My best friend from college is the owner of Prairie Point Junction. www.prairiepointjunction.com Should be a good time, though I am starting a new project when I really, really should be finishing an old one. Oh well --

K
Old 2008-10-16, 4:36am
phrit phreak

OMG your quilt that you did is TDF!!

Andddddddddddddddd Art in the Bag is tom nite!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! That was fast! You guys have outdone yourselves getting this event sponsered and coordinated! Your hard work is going to pay off because it's going to be a huge success!!

Old 2009-01-26, 7:29pm
2LeftShoes

For those that might be asking . . . WILL THERE BE AN ART IN THE BAG 2009?

The answer is YES, Definitely YES!

The committee will be gathering in the near future to start planning for our 2009 event. If you are interesting in volunteering your time and talents please email me! We'd love to have you on our team. You do not need to be a member of the Midwest Lampworkers Group, just someone who is intersted in working with an energetic team who is passionate about raising funds for cancer non-profits in a fun and creative way.

We're also going to be seeking artisans to donate fabulous "bags" and beaded accessories for the silent auction. If you'd like to make a donation, we'd love to have it! Our goal is to have 50 items to auction off.

If you have any questions -- you can email me with those too.

Kelli