Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2007-06-25, 10:41am
It's all about the color.

Exclamation Call for Testers

I need some testers to test out a suspicion/theory I have about Effetre 069 Electric Yellow. All I would like you to do is make me one or two beads using Electric Yellow in them and mail them to me. It can be either as a base color, frit or decoration. It can be as simple as 1 dot on a white bead or as complicated as you like. It can be left raised, melted in, overheated, boiled, pushed, pulled, pressed, encased or not, mixed/blended, twisted, whatever. It can be a wonkie or not - just have fun with this. I need you to keep detailed notes about what you did, what torch you used, annealed or not (and at what temp-etc.) and mail them to me so I can test my findings. Please include the notes about your bead, your Lampwork Etc. ID, and your business card if you have one (so I can tie it to the bead to help keep track of who did what). You'll find my address here.

You don't need to sign up for anything - just PLEASE help me out with this and do it. You may even want to do 2 identical beads and keep one for yourself so if what I suspect happens with this color does, you can test it out yourself.

After I confirm my findings with yours and can tell you under what conditions it does or does not happen, I'll let you all know - but for now I need you to fly blind so the findings are not skewed.

What you'll get in return are my eternal thanks and gratitude, helping out with what could be a pretty important finding, knowing that you're increasing the knowledge base about this color, and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Listenup; 2007-06-25 at 10:49am.
Old 2007-06-25, 12:41pm
Formerly Sassygirl

I will check to see if I have the color and if I do I will certainly send you a bead or two.

Old 2007-06-25, 12:43pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

I'll see if I have that color - I should have had one in my (4 year old!) sample pack. I don't know if I used it or not!
You sure have my curiosity up!

--
--
--

Old 2007-06-25, 12:50pm
Ad astra per aspera

Is that the transparent striking yellow?

Old 2007-06-25, 1:02pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDreamer View Post
Is that the transparent striking yellow?
Yes

Old 2007-06-25, 1:12pm

I'll do it if I have the color.

(website in construction)
Old 2007-06-25, 2:37pm
Princess Odd . . . lot

Does it have to be the Effetre version, or can it be Vetrofond? I have the vetro one, but not the other.
Old 2007-06-25, 2:52pm

Yes, it's the effetre striking yellow.

At first I was going to say only the Effetre one, but now I'm just a tad curious as to if the Vetrofond version will do the same thing or not so sure, just make sure it's marked in your notes that it's the vertrofond color.

And for those who don't have any, if this is as big as I suspect it will be, you might wannt to get a rod or two of this to have on hand cuz I'm sure it will be HOT!

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Last edited by Listenup; 2007-06-25 at 2:55pm.
Old 2007-06-25, 3:00pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I'll send you some!

Old 2007-06-25, 3:05pm
Formerly known as LT

I'll help if I have the color in my stash.

Old 2007-06-25, 3:54pm
sunscreen me baby

I'm sure I have both and I'm dying of curiosoity. It will be a few weeks before I am unpacked but I will send you beads of both. I cut and pasted you to a word file to be sure I won't forget

~

Old 2007-06-25, 4:25pm

I have some, I'll see what I can send...

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2007-06-25, 5:34pm

How wonderful! The more the merrier.

The more beads I get, the better I'll be able to determine the factors that affect what I'm looking at.

Old 2007-06-25, 7:23pm

I made mine on a HH, and kiln annealed at 968, Moretti glass as far as I know. Not sure what other factors you're looking for, but that's noted and they're packed - ask me any other questions you need once you see them?

~:
~:

~:

Old 2007-06-25, 7:37pm
Cheeky & Impervious

Hey, Kay, not sure what you're looking for, but I'm game! It might be a week before I can torch, but as soon as I can I'll make you some, and send them with the info.

Old 2007-06-25, 7:45pm
High Maintenance

I will see if I have any and make some if I do.
Old 2007-06-25, 7:46pm

I'll give it a go as well ... just to see.

I'm pretty sure I have some of this color.

Old 2007-06-25, 8:22pm
Your Royal Fritness

This sounds like fun. It might be a few days before I can get on the torch again.

TTFN, Dawn

Old 2007-06-25, 8:41pm
Dildo Kween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listenup View Post

...helping out with what could be a pretty important finding, knowing that you're increasing the knowledge base about this color, and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Thanks!
Why re-invent the wheel Kay? This isn't an important "finding" it's been public knowledge for decades.

Go ahead if it will help you save the world.

...and remember for that "warm fuzzy feeling" you should be in a non-ventilated room when you do it and breathe really deep... aaaaahhhhhh! Nothing like a little depleted uranium in the lungs!

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2007-06-25, 8:51pm

Actually Heidi, this isn't the finding I was getting, though that is a nice torso and uranium glow.

I also don't appreciate the condescending tone of your message.

Last edited by Listenup; 2007-06-25 at 8:53pm.
Old 2007-06-26, 3:58am
BeadsonCypress

heidi, how do you know what she is looking at/for? Lighten up!
Old 2007-06-29, 6:16am
Present tense

Hi Kay -

I made some beads out of M069 last night, and will get them in the mail to you Monday at the latest.

|
|

- non-glassy de-stash (shoes, books, yarn, Coach)
Old 2007-06-29, 8:13am
Bracelet Ho

I'm going to have to pull my electric yellow out and play, I have stringers and thicker rods.

Old 2007-06-29, 10:51am

Wonderful! I got NLC's Beads (Nikki) yesterday and was thrilled that one of them has the effect I was looking for - but it totally blew my theory of what's going on....so....the more beads the better!

Old 2007-06-29, 11:17am
Glass-A-Holic ^..^

If I can find my electric yellow I will try and make a few beads for you. I only have a few rods so wish me luck on finding them!

Alaina

Old 2007-06-29, 11:44am

I'll check. Not sure I have any. If I do I'll make some later today.

Heidi, cool work.
Old 2007-06-29, 3:12pm

Three Muses Glass also got the effect I was looking for on a couple of hers. Thank you so much! So far we've manages to shatter the theories I had about what's going on, so I hope that after I have a few more, or have a chance to think about things, I can figure out what IS going on.

Old 2007-06-29, 6:21pm

I'm curious, too, so I'll be making more tonight.

~:
~:

~:

Old 2007-06-30, 11:19am
Glass-A-Holic ^..^

Rats, it seems I only have striking transparent yellow . I wanted to help you out since you actually responded so nicely to my dumb question!

I am not sure how long you plan to collect beads but if you wait until after I pass my probation at work (two weeks) I will buy some of this glass if I can find this color. I really like that it glows .

Alaina

Old 2007-06-30, 11:30am
Bracelet Ho

Alaina, I've never heard of striking transparent yellow. There is electric yellow (069) which strikes, there is transparent yellow (00 which is just a pale yellow, straw yellow (049) if you have #069 then that is the one that Kay is asking about. (I think...)