Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-04-05, 7:13am

Default Annealing 96coe and 104coe Together

OK! I've searched the threads and found plenty of annealing schedules for individual glasses, but what I want to know is do y'all anneal 104coe and 96coe beads together and if so what high temp and what strain temp? I usually ramp down from 120 125 an hour for both types of glass. My dream would be to have three separate kilns for the three glasses I work with, 104, 96, and 33 all running at the same time so I could work what ever I wanted but until that day gets here I would at least like to put together the 104 and 96 if possible. It's gets frustrating only working one type of glass on a given day Thanks in advance for any help!
Flames and Hugs,
Donna
Old 2007-04-05, 7:48am
I fart diamonds

It's the same annealing schedule and you can work all 3 types in the same day, same kiln. Just do boro 1st. On the rampdown, stop at 960 and do your 104 & 96 then continue your ramp schedule.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-04-05, 8:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
It's the same annealing schedule and you can work all 3 types in the same day, same kiln. Just do boro 1st. On the rampdown, stop at 960 and do your 104 & 96 then continue your ramp schedule.
I stop at 968- but otherwise do the exact same thing. It backfired for the first time this week when without realizing it I stopped the kiln instead of skipping a step and ended up with a kiln full of thermal cracked florals (someday to become cabs most likely)

usually it works like a charm
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2007-04-06, 6:26am

Thanks y'all, I appreciate the info, now maybe I can get more work done. I can still dream about the three kilns though!!