Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-10-30, 4:50pm

Well I''m glad that they got rid of the rude and crude. I did have a problem with one of them a while back so I also went to Frantz. Now I'm ordering online. So have to pay for it or reorder. I don't like the twenty dollar shipping charge either.
I so wish they would have some odd lots. They are really cool to use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rose Leslie
Old 2007-10-30, 5:05pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
I emailed them yesterday to ask about one that was out last time and havent heard back from them. This has stalled my ordering.....,
I did speak to Lori about communication also. Specifically about returning phone calls but you could just lump email in there too...and I'm sure Lori is still reading this thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-10-31, 11:19am

I think they pick and choose who they are nice to. I stopped buying there after spending over $5000 in just one month setting up my studio. I won't go into the incident but it wouldn't have taken much to make me happy and they just didn't care to.The treatment I got was down right shabby..Never spent another dime with them..
I did post what happened in the bathroom at the time and all the arrow lovers flamed me.
Pffft.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-10-31, 11:37am
moth to the flame

Quote:
I think they pick and choose who they are nice to. I stopped buying there after spending over $5000 in just one month setting up my studio. I won't go into the incident but it wouldn't have taken much to make me happy and they just didn't care to.The treatment I got was down right shabby..Never spent another dime with them..
I did post what happened in the bathroom at the time and all the arrow lovers flamed me.
Pffft.
Paula
I remember that...yep I sure do.
You got slammed and that was so wrong.
Didn't your thread get pulled early too?
$5000.00 is not chump change.

I have a friend who ordered an oxycon from them....arrived broken....she contacted AS and waited a month or so for someone to call her back (the
man they get them from or repairs them)....never got a call back...she called AS back and finally got a tag to return the oxycon. They kept putting it off on who they get the oxycons from and he never called her either.

They sent a replacement and same thing, arrived broken.
She just returned that one and blew it off and got her money back.
The whole thing took about 3 months.

She was patient and said they (AS) were nice but it was just more frustrating that the guy who was supposed to call never did and neither did AS to check the progress on the situation, plus what are the odds of 2 smashed oxycons showing up? That is the shipper's fault - not AS's.

AFAIK, it didn't and won't affect her doing business with them.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2007-10-31, 12:20pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Well I love Arrowsprings and didn't mean to start a whole negative thread! I only wanted to alert them to a potential problem with the shipping prices. I didn't see the notice on the home page and apparently I wasn't the only one. I didn't want them losing business over this and I got a very nice call from them thanking me for letting them know. I'm excited about being able to shop online now. Quite often I find things at AS that I can't find elsewhere. The customer service I've received has always been excellent and I'm sorry to hear that hasn't been the case for some others. They clearly listen to their customers and make changes accordingly.

I personally say "Thank you" to Arrowsprings!
Old 2007-10-31, 2:21pm
Rare Florida Native

Thank you for posting - it brought me back to them -
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AS is listening to their customers and the new web site ordering is great - the kinks will get worked out as with anything new.

Old 2007-10-31, 4:46pm
Glass-A-Holic ^..^

I myself have had both good and bad service from AS. So I think that I must have also dealt with someone who is no longer there. It actually bummed me out to go there (for the first time) and have one person act like they didn't want me shopping there while another employee the next day was explaining everything to me and didn't care how long I took picking out my glass. I honestly felt that I wasn't wanted in the store at all and I was on my birthday trip picking up glass!

As far as service regarding their kilns I received a call back immediately and was told how to fix the problem which made me jump for joy. So I say the wait for a kiln from them is totally worth it!

Alaina

Old 2007-11-01, 9:38am
burnin' glass just becuz

Quote:

As far as service regarding their kilns I received a call back immediately and was told how to fix the problem which made me jump for joy. So I say the wait for a kiln from them is totally worth it!
i wish i could say the same. I bought their kiln (expensive compared to others on the market) based on the great rep for service they seemed to have online and i got nada. no return phonecall re my questions, no acknowledgement, nothing. someone else from this thread has received a phone call for their issue but i haven't even received a PM regarding mine.

it makes me wonder why they would bother to sell their kiln outside the US if they are not willing to support customers outside the US. esp. when the customer is calling long distance (not toll free) to have questions answered.

and ftr, i don't think posting a legitimate complaint should be considered "bashing". If i've just bought a $6-700 product from someone, i don't think expecting to receive a call in response to my voicemails (yes, plural) is out of line.

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2007-11-01, 11:31am
Sparkle Strumpet

In my entire lampworking life, I've ordered glass from 4 vendors. One left me a bit cold by how long it took, but no other problems. One (someone very popular here on LE for their sales and giveaways) sent the glass so poorly packaged that a good deal of it was broken...and was then incredibly rude and ugly when I voiced my disappointment. I'll never order from them again, but they won't miss me.

The other two.....Arrow Springs and Glassdaddy.com have been nothing less than stellar
in their customer service, packaging and product.

(I've bought Bullseye from Bullseye and the customer service was great....don't like the glass a bit, though...)

To be fair, I've bought glass from Jackie and Marty Knabel at shows too...and it was always just fine. But, it's a different experience buying anything in person.

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith
Old 2007-11-03, 2:31pm
No Attention,No Tools

AS was pretty nice to call me when their items was out of stock. I had 3 different #'s to call me, so finally they reach me on my cell phone to let me know the item was out of stock, and to reorder, and they had a replacement for another item. I had alot of questions that may have sound silly, the employee was so nice to explain everything to me, with great patient, and ask me about classes I would like to take, and told me the locations of the warehouse, since I was asking about kiln. However I was advised to it would be cheaper to come pick up the kiln since I fly for free. Which silly me was going to order the Kiln on the internet.

So far AS has been great.

Enjoy The Beauty In Life…….
Old 2007-11-03, 3:01pm

Sorry to those of you who have had an issue. Paula I can hardly believe they would be so awful to someone spending so much money and then so awsome to a "regular" old customer like me! Sorry! ;(

My experience is that Arrowsprings is GREAT and very fair!
I have bought many things from them including my KILN which I love!!!!! Craig went through programming my pyrometer on the phone! Talk about great service!
I think their shopping cart is fairly new so phone them!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heidi

~~
~~

Last edited by Jamn!; 2007-11-03 at 3:13pm.
Old 2007-11-04, 12:00am

I live not too far from AS ... too far for a regular visit but ok for an occasional one. I have found the staff friendly and helpfull . Just bear in mind that you might just have an employee who has been chewed out on the phone (I was there picking up glass recently and this is exactly what had happened) - imagine being the next customer in line! Whilst it is wise to use common decency with the next customer I can quite appreciate my feelings with the next customer had I been treated like that. Not that that is excucsable of course....

Anyway AS rocks on the whole - thank heavens they're around to serve us!

Keep it up AS ...

Old 2007-11-04, 8:36am

Well I know the owners and I know that they are very committed to the glass community. But it just takes that one employee to really make a bad impression. And I think it's easier to do to people over the phone. That's why I want to keep my little company really small. Like just me. Then if I am grumpy I can blame myself!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !