Default Borosillicate Christmas Ornament

Enjoy it. Watch it here
https://vimeo.com/59919673
Old 2013-02-18, 7:34pm
honorary bead lady

Thanks Wayne!
Old 2013-02-18, 8:16pm
Dakine glass man

Nice vid, I found a bunch of these in a box from late 80's early 90's thought they were produced in my shop (not mine then) but could've been something Duncan outsourced. I probably have 100-150 (maybe more)of these in storage. Neat to see how they were made. What kinda torch is used in that vid?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2013-02-18, 8:22pm
hyperT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui Greenstone View Post
Nice vid, I found a bunch of these in a box from late 80's early 90's thought they were produced in my shop (not mine then) but could've been something Duncan outsourced. I probably have 100-150 (maybe more)of these in storage. Neat to see how they were made. What kinda torch is used in that vid?
Are you talking about D. Duncan if so I did shows with him in Michigan. They may be mine. The torch was made in the 1930s and handed down in the family. I have alot of antique torches.
Duncan used to come to Michigan every summer to do shows. I got to know him pretty well. What's he up to now?

Last edited by hyperT; 2013-02-18 at 8:58pm.
Old 2013-02-20, 1:15am

I really enjoyed this - I had never seen one made this way - thank you

feel free to friend me on FB if you can handle bead pics, dog pics and family pics -
Old 2013-02-20, 11:17am
Marble Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitzy Glass Studio View Post
I really enjoyed this - I had never seen one made this way - thank you
Yes, thank you.

-BEP
Old 2013-02-26, 5:11am
Run Free Sweet Boy

thanks.... now I have seen 101 way to make an icicle.. I thought I had seen them all.. thanks

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2013-02-27, 12:28pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

LOVE these! Thank you so much for the video!!! I can't wait to fill my tree up with them.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2013-02-28, 1:42pm

very nice Vid, you make a great teacher. THANKS A BUNCH
Old 2013-03-05, 7:17am

I want to know where he got the glass sheets..
Old 2013-03-14, 6:51am
Susan

Any chance you could give us a close up picture of the icicle?

Old 2013-05-01, 6:13pm
Lava Maker

I made my first dozen on Monday night.

Thanks ever so much.
thanks for the video. My daughter loves vintage ornaments, I think these should fit with her theme.

I've got to get a pic to post here.

Ann DeHoff
Old 2013-05-03, 3:52pm
Co-owner

Wayne, keep making videos. Well done. Both educational and entertaining. Robert

PHONE: (385) 237-3365
OXYGEN 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0575
LAMPWORKING 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0576
Old 2013-05-06, 10:17pm

Thanks very much, great video which has given me something new to try! Jennie

Old 2013-05-07, 10:49am

ha!!! I saw this awhile back but lost it. I'm so glad someone posted so it was at the top! YAY!! Will be trying this out
Old 2013-05-07, 4:36pm
Lava Maker

They're fun and it feels like play!!!

Who can't like that.

Ann DeHoff
Old 2014-03-14, 1:54am

If you are making them for your tree use blue rod and add white every inch or so, it will look like blue ice with snow