No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-09-24, 7:15am
Growing Edge Glass

Red face Help with DeVilbis Oxycon

Hi guys ... I have a Devilbis MC44DS 5lpm oxycon that I've been using with my cricket torch.

The filter looks clean, the flow of oxygen is good, my flame is good but the yellow light "working under capacity" (or whatever it says!? I can't remember at the moment!! ) comes on after 30 mins of it running.

I thought perhaps it was the higher humidity here in GA, I'm in a garage studio, but I ran it again yesterday when it was cool and the yellow light still came on.

I turned it off yesterday after the light came on and then turned it on again immediately just to see what it would show. The yellow light was off but came back on again after only 15 mins.

My question is ... what does this sound like, in the way of needed repairs? I've never had it repaired before and honestly I don't have too many hours on it.

I will call the manufacturer but thought I'd start here in the event it's something simple I can fix.

Any input?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-jewelry~~~
~~~

Last edited by Truewealth; 2014-09-24 at 7:25am.
Old 2014-09-24, 7:42am
Growing Edge Glass

I just spoke with the medical supply co that I got this oxycon from and he said that it is likely just the indicator itself, on the internal board, that is malfunctioning since he said I'd see a significant change in my flame if it was the actual oxygen.

The red "needs repair" light has never come on .... so he said to keep using it as is.

Curious if anyone else has had this experience?

-jewelry~~~
~~~

Last edited by Truewealth; 2014-09-25 at 8:23am.
Old 2014-09-25, 1:21am

I know it's not an unusual thing to happen with the refurbished ones over here - it's permanently yellow on some, but they still run a torch fine.

|
|
|
|
Old 2014-09-25, 8:23am
Growing Edge Glass

Thank you, Kalorlo!

Very good to know, I appreciate your reply!

-jewelry~~~
~~~