Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-05-11, 9:17am

Hi Mike,
I look forward to those photos of glass... especially the marbles, where the details inside are what we want see clearly.

Thanks for the photo of the setup with the softboxes and snoot with the tent. Very helpful. Three layers of diffusion? Must be some strong lights inside those softboxes. I read over your posts and didn't find the details for the type of light being used. Did I miss something?

One problem I see with many images posted (not yours of course) is that there are not enough lumens (light) being used. There are many tent/light kits available now, and IMHO, most come with insufficient lighting. Especially for macro work.

I am attempting to take my photography of beads and jewelry to the next level but not sure I am ready for the strobe/flash learning curve... and of course the cost is a factor. I have only worked with continuous hot lights so far. There is also the problem of having a very small space available for the setup. I had to return the first softbox I purchased as it overwhelmed the space. Back to the tungsten floods until I work this out.

Anyone interested in seeing examples of my photography thus far can check out my web site www.carolholaday.com. On the studio tour page are photos of three of the setups I work with and I am about to add another for the "file box" setup. This one is the easiest and cheapest to put together and use, but it still requires good lighting to do the job.

Thanks again for all your sharing.
Carol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.