Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2015-01-04, 1:11pm

Unhappy I need HELP

I am a newbie using some old brazing torch of my husbands with Mapp gas (or Equiv). Being ambitious I ordered the Spartan torch from Devardi with all hoses and safety valves and regs. only to find they are useless in Spain without adaptors that cost more than the complete set!.
Are there lampworkers in Spain that can tell me how one gets over this problem? My Spanish is appalling so using the phone is out but Natasha from Devardi assures me she has sold quite a few torch set ups to people in Spain so somebody must know. The biggest problem is the oxygen connector.
I´ve had the torch for some weeks now and I am climbing the walls with frustration. I do think that perhaps (not knowing about different threads and fittings) that I should have been told there might be a problem before I purchased the whole kit and caboodle. This could be a whole lot of dosh down the drain. PLEASE help!

Sue
Old 2015-01-04, 2:44pm
Burning through glass

Hi Sue, welcome aboard! I'm so sorry that you're having trouble, I can really feel your frustration. I don't have any advice about the adapters that you may need, but you may find more people to help if you post your question in the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lampworkbeadmaking/ . There seem to be a lot of artists there from many areas of the world. Hope that you can find your answers! Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2015-01-04, 3:03pm
honorary bead lady

You may want to post in the section Tips, Techniques, and Questions,
I know this question was asked at least once before, and the answer was to buy regulators that fit the tanks, cut the hoses and adapt
Old 2015-01-05, 1:25am

Thanks for the info Renee - I will give facebook a try if I can figure out how to post a question.
Houptdavid, also thanks but If I cut the hoses then the flashback arrestors will not fit either. This is fast becoming very expensive
Old 2015-01-27, 1:39pm
Intermittent service

Magdalena Ruiz is or was based in Tenerife, Spain - I wonder if she could advise? https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/magdalenaruiz