LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-11-15, 4:28am
Mad about Glass

What a great tutorial!! I can't wait to try it tomorrow - it's too late now.

Thanks Andrea

Jenn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[url]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-15, 5:22am
Torch Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfotter View Post
There are also plans for a ventilation system included in the tutorial..... the system costs about $300!
There are? Where? I got my tutorial last night and didn't notice any . . . and this is the perfect, irrefutable reason for my DH to get off his (admittedly cute) duff and finish my ventilation system!!!

ETA: Uhhh - ok - found the embedded link! That will teach me to go straight to the hard stuff and skip the intro!

Melissa

Last edited by M'lis; 2008-11-15 at 5:25am. Reason: Didn't read the instructions properly!! Duh!
Old 2008-11-15, 10:24am
Storm Queen

Hey... nothing wrong with hitting the hard stuff first!

Old 2008-11-15, 10:53am

Just bought mine- it was the vent system section that sent me running for my creditcard! Can't wait.
Old 2008-11-15, 2:03pm
pamtees

Ordered mine when Andrea mentioned in another thread that this tut includes tips on fuming!
Old 2008-11-15, 2:56pm
Storm Queen

Oh my. I'm so out of my comfort zone. Must. Make. Dot. Beads.

Old 2008-11-15, 5:27pm

Ordered mine ....can't wait to get it. Wow.... this instant gratification by internet spoils you doesn't it! I'll be patient, I promise

Old 2008-11-16, 11:13am

Andrea,

I took your fantastic class last winter (Lafayette,IN-remeber the snow and have a great moth wing bead that gets so much attention every time I wear it. Now I can make more without trying to decipher my notes!!

Thanks!
Old 2008-11-16, 10:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsan View Post
Andrea,

I took your fantastic class last winter (Lafayette,IN-remeber the snow and have a great moth wing bead that gets so much attention every time I wear it. Now I can make more without trying to decipher my notes!!

Thanks!
YES I REMEMBER THE SNOW!!! That was so much fun....... for me anyways!!!
Let me know what you think of the tutorial!

Andrea

Old 2008-11-17, 2:25am

YAY!! bookmarked! Hubs wants to know what I want for christmas, this'll do nicely Thank you

Old 2008-11-17, 5:31am
Common Lurker

Thank you, Andrea! Can't wait to read the tut and give it a go!

Old 2008-11-17, 8:00pm
Scientific Glass Girl

after buying andrea's tutorial, i have been torching as much as possible.. i came home to my parents house to work at my studio yesterday and i came after class today to work too.

i just made a moth wing bead that is 70 mm long! i'm really excited about this technique. thank you so much for making this tutorial available!

Old 2008-11-17, 10:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorleek View Post
This is bad - I am cleaning my work area waiting for the tut to arrive, sorting my presses . . . Andrea save me!!
Lori
Same here! I had that one and the jellyfish and the boro eye cane and loco's dragon printed up. So now I'm patiently waiting for it to come from Lulu so I can start working on it!!!!
It's been a week and still stalking the mailman!

Old 2008-11-18, 12:13am
Storm Queen

I gave it a whirl the other day and only one was kiln worthy. I didn't fume because I don't have the fine silver (a little fairy is sending me some) and I ended up modifying the tutorial to fit my freakish quirks......um....style. I just have to clean and photograph my bead.

Old 2008-11-18, 8:53am
Did someone say Oddlot?

Fantastic tut Andrea!

Here is my 1st try. May need to review Kim's tut on shaping ivory

Old 2008-11-18, 9:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineshelties View Post
Fantastic tut Andrea!

Here is my 1st try. May need to review Kim's tut on shaping ivory

WOW!
You did a fantastic job! Is this really your first?????? And you shaping looks great too!

Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrea

Old 2008-11-18, 3:42pm
Scientific Glass Girl

Old 2008-11-18, 4:48pm
where is that UPS man?

I caved and ordered one...

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2008-11-18, 5:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlivELampworK View Post

OMG Ali those are fantastic!!!! You did an awesome job!!!! Way to go! I am so proud of you!!!!!

Andrea

Old 2008-11-18, 5:26pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Be sure to show your beads in the Moth Wing thread I started in the gallery!

Here's mine.

Old 2008-11-20, 4:07pm

I received this tutorial from my DH for our anniversary yesterday! I have a question-I do not have any boro for the fuming rod. Can I use soft glass?
I am impatient and want to start!
Beth
Old 2008-11-20, 6:58pm
where is that UPS man?

Andrea:
Bought it, love it... Great tips....

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2008-11-20, 10:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaterwunky View Post
Andrea:
Bought it, love it... Great tips....
Hi Deb!
Thank you! Be sure and post some photos!!!!

Andrea

Old 2008-11-21, 12:48pm
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfotter View Post
OMG Ali those are fantastic!!!! You did an awesome job!!!! Way to go! I am so proud of you!!!!!

Andrea
*blush* thank you!

Old 2008-11-21, 1:17pm
Most have those beadies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlivELampworK View Post

Ali, those are really really gorgeous.

my
my

my
my

Old 2008-11-21, 2:50pm
Scientific Glass Girl

thank you maria! i really enjoyed making these!

Old 2008-11-23, 8:40pm
phrit phreak

OMG you guys! Those are gorgeous!! I bought the tut...starting printing away.......got to page 9......and ran out of STINKING INK IN MY STOOOPID PRINTER...lol I can't wait to do these! I've drooled over this teqnique for a long time and saved my pennies. <sigh> must get more ink.........

Old 2008-11-25, 11:31am

I was trying to hold off buying this tutorial but could not wait anymore. It is well worth it and I cannot wait to try this - hopefully tonight. Great quality tutorial! The instructions and photos are perfect.
Old 2008-11-25, 12:13pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Andrea, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful technique. Today I had my first time to try it (and still just made one bead, I feel pretty sick so no torching for me) and I LOVE IT!

I tried it a bit different, with some silver glass under the clear, but still, your tut is amazing. It's cooling down now, I'll make a pic when it's cooled .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-11-26, 9:57am
Gimme that silver glass!

My first, but there will be more, great tut!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL: