Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-04-08, 6:53pm
Cats & Glass!

Default Momka's Multi-Colored Rod Gallery

I've been playing with the multi-colored rods that I just got in from Momka's. I wanted to show you what I'm coming up with. I would love to see what you're doing with them as you get your colors! I'd also love to see examples of what you've made with Momka's existing multi-colors. Even if you've posted them before, don't be shy about showing off!

Sunflower Honker Bead! I made this on my Mini CC. I cut slices of milli from the Sunflower rod and placed them with tweezers over a core of clear.

Apache - I've got some of this coming in on Tuesday

Blue Treasure

Amethyst Ice - I made milli slices and heated them onto a clear core. I then swirled the junctions of the milli.

Janelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebay -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Etsy -
Blog -

Last edited by Janelle Zorko; 2007-04-08 at 6:56pm.
Old 2007-04-08, 8:14pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Janelle, those are beautiful.

#K58
Old 2007-04-08, 8:17pm
mystical cat lover 56

Thumbs up

Old 2007-04-08, 8:38pm
Serenity Now!

Fabulous!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-04-09, 7:12pm

I am really in love with your "coreopsis" bead... you must have the patience of Jobe!!!
gonna have to play some with the others. Apache is looking cool..

I played tonight but didn't use any multi colors... but am doing the "happy dance" none-the-less...

Old 2007-04-09, 7:20pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Shy? Me? Nevah!!!!
Here's some Momka's "Gypsy Queen" beads:

Name:  Gypsy Queen 2.jpg
Views: 2115
Size:  66.0 KB

Name:  Gypsy Queen 3.jpg
Views: 2094
Size:  77.8 KB

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2007-04-09, 7:21pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

...so, whose leg do we have to hump to get some of those
Sunflower rods?????? Me want.

Old 2007-04-09, 7:22pm
mystical cat lover 56

Thumbs up

Old 2007-04-09, 7:58pm

Karen, I am betting Janelle Z has some to sell... And she sells by the rod also. I love the Gypsy Queen beads...
Old 2007-04-09, 8:41pm

Yep, she sells by the rod. I just recieved one rod of each new color from her in my mailbox today.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-04-10, 6:34am

Blue Treasure
Gypsy Queen
Attached Images

Old 2007-04-10, 6:41am

Rainbow ... don't think this one is even in production any more... but bet if enough people liked it, she could make it!!

new not yet named color on the leaves... the purple gray/tan parts

and Autumn leaves spiral
Attached Images

Last edited by LAG; 2007-04-10 at 6:55am.
Old 2007-04-10, 7:39am

Who sells by the rod???? Janelle??????
Old 2007-04-10, 7:40am

Whooops, nevermind, I found it.

AWESOME, I've been looking for someone who sells Momka's by the rod.
I'm suddenly in boro heaven!

Janelle, sending an order your way by the end of the week.
Thankee!

Joanna
Old 2007-04-10, 7:42am
The Venerable Bead

I got my blue treasure yesterday and played last night. here is BT imploded in the first 2 and BT backed on the third and right down the middle of the 4th. new glass is my crack.
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-04-10, 7:45am

Love your implosions, Paula!
Old 2007-04-10, 8:07am
Temptress

Hi Janelle,
I've been trying to shop on your website for a couple of days now and it is moving real slowwwwwww....it takes about 2 minutes to load your store pages....
Old 2007-04-10, 8:40am
The Venerable Bead

Thanks Jo jo and I love your new siggy banner

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-04-10, 9:38am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Howdy Janelle!
Just ordered 2 of the sunflower rods. Can't wait to play with them!!

Old 2007-04-10, 9:41am

i just used the sunflower and gerber pink, worked nice in the flame. no boiling, smooth as silk. i wish momka would make a pink opaque in solid rod! i dont have any good opaque boro pinks.
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2007-04-10, 9:47am

Paula: thanks!!!!

ro: I wish momka or someone else would make a kick ass hot pink.
Oh and in response to your comment.... "ARE" there actually any good opaque boro pinks???

Jo

ps: Janelle... I orered too... thanks for selling by the rod... makes my life much easier!

Jo
Old 2007-04-10, 10:40am
Cats & Glass!

Sorry about the slowness guys. I noticed it too and I guess they're doing server maintenance/upgrades at Powweb. Takes awhile for things to "cache" again so they'll be faster. I'm also working on getting all the colors up. By the way, there will be a new coupon for all LE peeps soon that will give you 20% off at all times. I would only ask that you don't use it on the electroforming kits - I can't afford the hit on those but I want you to all have the colors at a good price.

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2007-04-10, 10:51am

Wow, THANKS Janelle... that is cool of you!
Will there be a link on the website with the 20% off or will it be a code?

Jo
Old 2007-04-11, 3:04pm
Hummel factory reject

So, like any self respecting glass addict I sniffed out a sampling of Momka's new beautiful canes and contacted Janelle today to grab some of the first batch at a lovely discount, Thanks Janelle!!! Here is a sampling of my first batch with these gorgeous, gorgeous, beautiful flower canes. YUM!!! Lori

Last edited by kiko; 2008-11-07 at 2:01am.
Old 2007-04-12, 7:00am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro View Post
i just used the sunflower and gerber pink, worked nice in the flame. no boiling, smooth as silk. i wish momka would make a pink opaque in solid rod! i dont have any good opaque boro pinks.
ro
Have you tried Momka's Cherry Brandy or Cinnabar? And I got some nice pinks from Exotic Citrus Grapefruit. If you like pinks, these are the ones to try. Maybe Janelle has some singles available even... ??

Old 2007-04-12, 7:46am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Janelle, love how you did the Sunflower bead.
Lori, love all 3 beads.
Karen, beautiful.
Paula, I love your implosions.
Kay, very pretty.
Don't you just love Momka's glass?

#K58

Last edited by isellrejer; 2007-04-12 at 7:49am.
Old 2007-04-12, 9:04am
yukue fumei

WOW!!!
Gorgeous eye candy everyone!!
I am gone for a week and get to come back to amazing amazing treats!
yay! thank you!

nagi

Old 2007-04-12, 9:15am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAG View Post
Have you tried Momka's Cherry Brandy or Cinnabar? And I got some nice pinks from Exotic Citrus Grapefruit. If you like pinks, these are the ones to try. Maybe Janelle has some singles available even... ??
i have cinnabar, ill have to give it another try, not sure about the cherry, i have a sample set and bunch of reorder stuff. im looking for opaque not striking so color is solid throughout without striations. i will retry the cinnabar today and see how it looks, hard to tell from the left over rod, tip looks ok. i have ex. citrus grapefruit its a favorite, i re order that often but again its transparent, i want to not have to do it over white to get the color. i just got some borosticks lobster, need to make a glass tongue for a client, close but not really pink enough. i would like to put it over clear and have it opaque without mixing or precoloring first.
a pink and a purple opaque would be so nice, more a wysiwyg rod.
hey janelle thanks for the discount thats too cool!
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2007-04-12, 10:15am
San Diego Toni

Hey Ro
did you check out the new borostix color blush? Maybe that will be better for a tongue. I can send you a couple if you want to try it. Just holla!

toni

Old 2007-04-12, 11:36am
Gay rights R human rights

I just ordered a rod of the sunflower, blue treasure, gerbera pink and something else. I didnt see a code for the discount tho....Did I miss it?
Leslie