Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-04-12, 7:19am

What makes a color need encasing ie why do some colors shiney all the time and some just end up dull, dull, dull like cim Thai orchid?
Old 2014-04-23, 6:31pm

Default Ivory Rods

Quote:
What was the item number for River Rock?

Why would the bumpy rods of dark ivory react more with silver leaf than the smooth ones?
According to Effetre they have no idea why the ivory rods react in a different way depending on their uniformity in shape or surface condition.

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2014-04-23, 6:35pm

Default Transparent Coral? Not yet

Quote:
Why doesn't anyone even seem to try to make transparent coral (apart from the clear difficulties the opaque variety causes)? I would prefer 100 failed transparent coral experiments (more odd lots!) to zero transparent coral attempts. We are so limited with regard to warm transparent colours.
Effetre has never checked the possibility of making a transparent coral because it could end up being just one of their orange tonalities, something between red and yellow.

Pat and I will be at the Effetre factory on May 22nd and I will be looking for that transparent coral
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or any other great colors waiting to come back to the USA.

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-04-23, 8:16pm
Evil Glass Enabler

When you're there could you get some more carnelian? Thanks.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Angelique

Quote:
Effetre has never checked the possibility of making a transparent coral because it could end up being just one of their orange tonalities, something between red and yellow.

Pat and I will be at the Effetre factory on May 22nd and I will be looking for that transparent coral
or any other great colors waiting to come back to the USA.

Mikey

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2014-05-05, 11:21pm

There is a rumor that carnelian is being discontinued....say it ain't so!
Old 2014-05-06, 12:22am
and your little dog too

^ THIS!!!!!!!

Old 2014-05-06, 9:31am

Default "It ain't so"

Quote:
There is a rumor that carnelian is being discontinued....say it ain't so!
It is true that Effetre has no carnelian (591536) for sale at this time. Inventory ran out and the ingredients to produce this color are hard to find.

There is not a huge demand for Opalino, so its production is not as often and as large as other colors.

I do have word from the factory that the next time Effetre produces Opalino, they will produce carnelian.

As soon as I know when it will be produced, I will post right here on "ASK MIKEY".

In about two weeks I will be in Italy and will be looking through inventories to find new tonalities and some old ones that we are all looking for, such as light Ivory to just mention one.

I am going there with samples of all the coral I have and look for new tonalities of coral. Yes, we always need more corals!

Thank You for ordering glass from Frantz Art Glass. Your purchases allow us to look through the archives and find very nice colors or allows us to order new colors and bring them to our customers.

Life is Good
Glass is Great

Thank You

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-05-06, 11:24am

Look for some tonalities of 418, 419 and 420 that are more towards the yellow part of the spectrum, as we've seen with various batches of Apricot (which is now more orange.)

Have a wonderful time on your trip!

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2014-05-11, 7:02pm
giggety-giggety

Hey Mike,
Several years back I remember reading a thread you started where people could accompany you in Italy during one of your trips but it was around Bead and Button time and I had to count myself out. Do you still offer this possibility? My memory is rusty but I seem to recall basically that we would provide our own transportation but that you might have had places in mind that we could stay (were they apartments?) that we're fairly reasonable. I'd love to know if you're still doing this or if you think you might ever consider doing it again.
Best,
Beth

My etsy:

Old 2014-05-11, 8:54pm

Default Murano Trip

Hello Beth, some years back I would put together groups who would meet up in Venice. We would go to Effetre, we would visit some of the greatest glass artists on Murano and Venice, and eat lots of Italian Food and walk all around Venice.

But that was 10 years ago, and I probably do not have the strength to go on any more of my Venice Marches without stopping and resting.

Effetre is an amazing glass factory, and it would blow your mind. I hope to take some new pictures inside the factory and post them in our newsletter.

While I have no plans for any more tours, I still can provide you with a vast amount of information of where to stay and what to see.

My best travel tip for Venice is to bring half as much clothes and twice as much money.

Mike Frantz
Quote:
Hey Mike,
Several years back I remember reading a thread you started where people could accompany you in Italy during one of your trips but it was around Bead and Button time and I had to count myself out. Do you still offer this possibility? My memory is rusty but I seem to recall basically that we would provide our own transportation but that you might have had places in mind that we could stay (were they apartments?) that we're fairly reasonable. I'd love to know if you're still doing this or if you think you might ever consider doing it again.
Best,
Beth

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-05-12, 5:40am

Mike- Thanks for starting this very interesting thread! I don't have questions (at least not now), but I've really enjoyed reading others and your responses. I'll keep this on my regular "reading list!"

Peggy
Old 2014-05-12, 8:11am

Default A new color named NEMO?

Quote:
Mike- Thanks for starting this very interesting thread! I don't have questions (at least not now), but I've really enjoyed reading others and your responses. I'll keep this on my regular "reading list!"

Peggy
I really liked to be asked questions about almost any topic. Either I have an answer and opinion or maybe have no idea what the answer is, but i am determined to find out for those who ask.

Life is good
Going to Murano
Flying on a big jet
In one week I will be leaving tomorrow
Looking for new color
A change in a tonality will be fine
Find a color nobody else has
And like in Nemo, it's MINE MINE MINE

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-05-12, 10:48am
Fried Cat

Can you discuss a possible replacement for Vetro Key Lime or Parrot Green from Effetre while you are there?
Old 2014-05-12, 10:50am
Fried Cat

Also glad to hear they're running opalino and Carnelian again in the future.
Treat it nicely, and it's a great glass to play with.
Old 2014-05-12, 7:47pm

Have you ever received any Kiwi that was similar to the first batch you carried - about equal amounts of transparent and pastel ?
Old 2014-05-12, 9:47pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I'm still dreaming of opaque raspberry....

Have a great time, Mike & Pat!

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2014-05-13, 12:29pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Default Upcoming Sales?

Hey Mikey, any upcoming "free shipping" sales coming up?

Just wondering!

Thanks,
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2014-05-18, 5:51pm
Fancies

Carnelian, carnelian, carnelian . . .

Old 2014-05-18, 10:20pm

Any chance we can get more Effetre 081 Dark Lavender transparent???

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

Old 2014-05-19, 3:17am

Awesome thread; awesome company, awesome guy!!! Thank you.
Old 2014-05-19, 6:24am

^^^This!^^^

I hope you and Pat have a great time on your trip, and that your strength holds up.

--Helene
Old 2014-05-19, 10:18am

Can you tell me what this glass is? It is a Safety orange opal looking rod and you sold it in quarter pound increments a couple years ago. I am in love with it, please tell me it is still available.

Old 2014-06-28, 5:37pm

What yellow glass can I use on turquoise and have the yellow stay true? Thanks in advance.
Old 2014-06-28, 6:44pm

Default Transparent Salmon color

I have only one rod left of a transparent Salmon color that I bought at the gathering years ago in Oakland. Not orange, not pink, but more of a melon color. It's really beautiful....hope you stumble across something like that. I'm gonna be sad if I never see it again.

Old 2014-06-28, 7:47pm
Chief Creative Goddess

What is the point of OpaliNO's and Alabastards?
What colors do they play well with?
How can you keep them from boiling and/or scumming?
Dying to know!

Old 2014-06-28, 10:09pm

Default opalino and alabastro

Quote:
What is the point of OpaliNO's and Alabastards?
What colors do they play well with?
How can you keep them from boiling and/or scumming?
Dying to know!
Opalino colors work well with other opalino colors. But when you mix opalino with transparents, pastels and hot colors, cracking can occur.

For example, if you put a layer of white pastel 204 on your mandrel and encase it with any opalino and place it in your fiber blanket, it will most likely crack.

If you first put a layer of transparent glass first on the mandrel and then the white pastel and then the opalino and then place it in a kiln, it will work most of the time.

Alabastro is a glass that has many little bubbles within the rods. Aalabastro glass melts at a slightly lower temperature than other Effetre colors. If you overwork or overheat the alabastro, the bubbles can get a bit unpretty

Please make a post to this thread if you have some comments, tips or horror stories to share with us about your experiences with Alabastro and Opalino.

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-06-28, 11:01pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Thanks Mr Mikey! My horror story was buying 20 lbs of untagged glass as a total newb, and I did not like that nile green opalino color so I used that to start. Talk about a steep learning and cursing curve!! Shocky scum city!

Old 2014-06-29, 8:24am
Disconnected

Quote:
Can you tell me what this glass is? It is a Safety orange opal looking rod and you sold it in quarter pound increments a couple years ago. I am in love with it, please tell me it is still available.
Bea, it looks like 422-T (as in Translucent Orange). I loved it too, but I'm afraid it's gone.

Old 2014-06-29, 9:18am
Chief Creative Goddess

I want to add to Mike's request to add IMAGES of the good, the bad, and the interesting results of Alabastro aand Opalino! Thanks!

Old 2014-06-29, 6:47pm
Senior Moment

hey Mike? How about a some true browns? Not the reddish browns like Effetre 444/448 browns; one that doesn't turn out grey at times and isn't very streaky (like Cocoa Bean or Woodie).

More like these:

The colors as listed above:

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.