LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-11-16, 10:53am

Default Terra

Am I the only one that does not like new Terra ????Any chance DH will go back to the original recipe.Besides (Kevan I have not seen alot if pics. of new Terra beads----Any thought on the matter...Thanks in advance -Connie
Old 2007-11-16, 11:54am

Look in the gallery--there's a HUGE thread of new terra (I think it says "terranova" on it)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-11-16, 11:57am
da General

There are also pix of Terranova and Luna beads on this thread:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70746

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-11-17, 10:47am
Gravity is at 6 o'clock

i have a pack of original terra that i bought at the gathering, and it's still completely untouched.

i know some people have had a hard time with it, but when i see the stuff that kim neely came up with using this glass, i don't understand how they can not make this glass anymore!!!

I
NY
Old 2007-11-17, 7:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meitali View Post
i know some people have had a hard time with it, but when i see the stuff that kim neely came up with using this glass, i don't understand how they can not make this glass anymore!!!
I agree here. I have not tried the new stuff, but I really LOVE my Terra and am very disappointed it will be gone.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2007-11-17, 7:21pm
Storm Queen

And the last few days I've REALLY gotten Terra to do it's thang for me...go figure!

Old 2007-11-18, 7:28pm

I'm really hoping he can make some more !!

Old 2007-11-18, 10:57pm
Color Outside The Lines!

Default Terra-torial Behavior

You'd think I'd be immune to Terra withdrawl, but no... I couldn't bear it anymore and stayed up all night batching Original Terra. Do they have a support group for people that can't resist things that turn purple? Sign me up if they do. Something tells me it's going to be a long week. It will still be a little while before it is back in full production, but I'm sure you'll hear about it when it's ready for sale again. Thanks to all you beadmakers who aren't afraid to tell me how you really feel.

Jed at Double Helix
Old 2007-11-19, 4:15am
Soft glass addict

WOOOHOOOOO
Old 2007-11-19, 7:38am
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
And the last few days I've REALLY gotten Terra to do it's thang for me...go figure!
Me too & now I totally love it!! Glad to hear there's more on the way.

Vivian

-

Old 2007-11-19, 9:00pm

Happy Dance, Happy Dance, Happy Dance.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2007-11-19, 9:05pm
Life is change. Love it

Jed, you are the best!

Old 2007-11-19, 9:11pm

That is the best news I've heard in ages!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I think I'll go play with what little Terra I've been holding on to thinking it would be gone forever.....
Old 2007-11-20, 10:15am

Me too, me too, happy dancing all over the place!!! Thanks to all of the tips here, I'm now getting consistently good results from Terra. Jed, will "original recipe" Terra now be a regular part of DH's lineup?

Debra
Old 2007-11-20, 12:04pm
Present tense

YAY!!!! Terra is just so...agreeable. I haven't had such good luck with Terranova.

|
|

- non-glassy de-stash (shoes, books, yarn, Coach)
Old 2007-11-20, 11:01pm

I still have some frit for those that can't wait...Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-11-24, 1:52pm

Jed, I think I love you. Terra is the only silver glass that I use with tremendous luck every time. I just hope I don't pace my way through the studio floor waiting!

Thanks

mini cc, tanked O2, propane and a diet coke
Old 2007-11-24, 3:13pm
Beady eyed

Jed you're sweet and kind after all the badgering lol, I have only this week grown to love terra myself, it is simply magical.

My
My

My
My
My
Old 2007-11-24, 4:48pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Helix Glassworks View Post
You'd think I'd be immune to Terra withdrawl, but no... I couldn't bear it anymore and stayed up all night batching Original Terra. Do they have a support group for people that can't resist things that turn purple? Sign me up if they do. Something tells me it's going to be a long week. It will still be a little while before it is back in full production, but I'm sure you'll hear about it when it's ready for sale again. Thanks to all you beadmakers who aren't afraid to tell me how you really feel.

Jed at Double Helix
Thank you; thank you; thank you; thank you; thank you; thank you...

I was gonna' have to drive to squidly's and twist her arm behind her back!!

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2007-11-24, 7:14pm
Glass my new Obsession

WOOHOO!

Old 2007-11-24, 11:54pm
Mad about Glass

Oh!!! What a relief!! I didn't think I could survive without Terra. I t is my absolute favourite Silver glass. Thanks Jed!!!

Jenn

[url]

Old 2007-11-27, 11:54am
Spare Time Designs

Yippeee! Although I have never used original Terra...I was bummed out when the new Terranova came out and there was no more original Terra. I wanted to try it so bad but everytime I went to order they were sold out. I'm looking forward to trying it!! Thank you!