LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-08-04, 9:43am

Default Next question, Tool Storage ?????

I am now dilegently putting all my shorts in 4 cans and will punty them up on clear rods; thanks to all for ideas.

Next, how do you store your tools. How close to your bench? , hang them? I have some nice Marble molds that I want to baby.. and some tools I use only occaionally, and some like I think most people you don't think you are going to use on a project thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn right in the middle of the bead you need them
Some ideas would be great.
HELP
Old 2011-08-04, 9:56am

You can get a magnet strip tool holder at H.F.. Thats what I use. I attached it to the torch table. Cost $5 or $6. Check there.I use one of those roll around4 drawer Rubbermaid type bins on wheels(Walmart)and I put my molds in there. When finished and molds cool down I put them in there and slide under the table.
Hope this helps.
Janet C.

Last edited by Janetlee; 2011-08-04 at 9:57am. Reason: more info
Old 2011-08-04, 10:10am
Somewhat out there!

I hang many of my beadrollers on pegboard by my side and have a tabletop bin that spins around from Michaels for my marvers, picks, tweezers etc.

Julianne
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-04, 5:16pm
Debra Clutter

I hang mine on a peg board next to my work area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2011-08-04, 7:01pm
dances with ideas...

I do the same thing as Janet. I have a roll-around cart that fits under a desk right next to my torch. It has quite a few drawers, and a couple are dedicated to tools that I might decide to use. I also store murrini, frits, etc. that I might want to use on the spur of the moment.

Old 2011-08-05, 11:24am
Crispy Critter

I have a magnetic tool bar on the right to hold my most frequently used tools. Everything else goes into two cheapo 3-drawer rolling bins which are stored under my table.

Old 2011-08-05, 4:24pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

Marble molds, marvers, and tools I use every session I have hanging on the front edge of my hood basically above my head. Occasional tools I have in a metal roll around tool chest from Sears scratch and dent section. I do have some tools that stay on the bench at all times such as my picks; they drop into holes in the bench.
Old 2011-08-05, 6:17pm
dances with ideas...

Oooh--holes in the bench is a fine idea for certain things!

Old 2011-08-05, 8:05pm
honorary bead lady

does a pile count as storage???
Old 2011-08-05, 10:11pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

I have a barley box and everything hangs from that either by hooks or on magnetic strips. Little stuff like sharon shapers etc go in a jar. I figure out what I need to use before each session and get it out.

Old 2011-08-05, 10:29pm
Corgi Cult Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
does a pile count as storage???
Yes, think of it as being stored in easy reach.

Old 2011-08-06, 1:19am
I like to melt things

I have a sort of ad-hoc system, but it works for me. Beadrollers, presses, mandrels and large optic molds go on the shelf, and everything else lives in the drawers under my kiln.

-
-