Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-12-21, 8:02am

Beautiful!!! What a great job you did setting up. I love it..... I wish you the best of luck with your new venture!!! Totally awesome!

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2012-01-19, 4:08pm

Newsflash!

We are tentatively optimistic that the new studio will be up and running for classes starting the first week in February. Stay tuned for progress pics over the next two weeks (if this latest plan of plans remains true to course!). I think this is really it, this time! (gulp). Fingers crossed!
Old 2012-01-20, 10:19am
Chief Creative Goddess

If your class area is as beautiful as the rest of the shop, you will be packed!!! Wishing you much success---and FUN too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-02-10, 11:38am

Default We have ventilation!

Here are the pics of the ventilation system that is being wired and about to be fired up as I type. Next week, the gas lines (which are mostly in but need a table to be secured to) get completed with the arrival of our work table (that's the gas pipe coming up through the middle of the floor in the second picture!).

It feels like forever that I've been wanting to make this post but it's finally, actually, falling into place!

We ran into some challenges with this being a heritage building. It made it difficult to justify putting holes in the wall so had to work around a solution that would not permanently mar the building. The window thing works well. There are extensions on the outside which curve to ensure there is the required space between the inbound and outbound air. The duct work is all insulated (for noise reduction) and the fan is impressive. I am anxious to hear it up and running this afternoon and will conduct a smoke test immediately upon launch.

Will have more updates with more pics of the completely finished studio by next Wednesday (or so I've been promised)

@Sadie - on the beauty front, well, I think it's a tad more industrial than beautiful but to my eyes, it is a GORGEOUS thing (after waiting this long, it would look gorgeous no matter how it appeared, I think - I just want a place to torch and teach!)

(Apologies for the size of the pics, I stole them off facebook and haven't had time to edit them for size)
Attached Images

Last edited by Torch&Marver; 2012-02-10 at 11:42am.
Old 2012-02-10, 12:21pm
Resident hippie

Wow Cheryl - a dream coming true! Thanks for sharing the trip.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2012-02-11, 8:32am
speed winding is a sport.

Its amazing what you have done!!! Beautiful work..I'd love to come visit sometime.
Old 2012-02-15, 5:21pm

I dare say that we are all drowning in our own drool. Your space and what you have done with it is absolutely magnificent! Congratulations!!! Much success!!!

Old 2012-02-16, 12:52pm
Fire Monkey

Are we there yet? (It's past Wednesday )
I can't wait to see it in person!

Old 2012-04-04, 2:15pm

Oops, I forgot to post the most recent and completed studio picture!

It's messy but it's all ours and we LOVE this space!
Attached Images

Last edited by Torch&Marver; 2012-04-05 at 9:28am.
Old 2012-04-04, 2:19pm
Chief Creative Goddess

I can see myself sitting ..... right about there....and a glass of champagne on my left, house music blasting in my ears, and hot flame shooting out!! When can I play???!!!

Old 2012-04-05, 9:29am

Come on over, anytime We'd be happy to have you!
Old 2012-04-13, 6:27pm

Default First Class Tomorrow! Woot!

Here's how the studio cleans up for visitors:
Attached Images

Old 2012-04-29, 4:29pm
Chief Creative Goddess

LOVE the repurposed pegboard things! Great idea! How was the first class?

Old 2012-05-07, 5:25pm

The first class was a fabulous success! The student beads in just two days were far superior to what I have seen many newbies do (including myself!) following months at the torch. I was very proud! We are filling more classes too so word is getting out!