Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2009-03-02, 10:56pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

Well I just posted a photo of my glass storage, so finally figured I would post a photo of my main frit storage. I feel quite glutinous having it all.. LOL It is a Martha Stewart Large Spice Rack. It should be hanging on the wall but it got too heavy.

Old 2009-07-09, 3:53pm

Here is a way I store my frit. My DH made it for me. It holds 28 bottles and it rotates. He is already got the idea to improve this one to 40 bottles. Guess That means I can go on a frit buying spree!!!

Last edited by Janetlee; 2009-07-09 at 3:55pm. Reason: edit to add: I was ask to add it here too
Old 2009-07-18, 4:00am
picking Job's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
I have a question for al of you. Would you rather buy your frit in a jar or in those re-zipable bags so you can choose yoru own storage jars or.....
If shipping is involved I prefer baggies, even if somebody else pays for the shipping (thanks for the frit!).

I looked at all the pictures and while my setup is very adverse to actually making beads at first sight, the only part that is really adverse to making beads is being in an open mosquito ridden carport (and having been sick for most of this year so far). I store my glass and frit in a filing cabinet, and the heaviest drawers are at the bottom. I get out what I want to use when I want to use it. That way it also won't fall over in the next earthquake - looking at some of those very narrow shelves, wondering whether they are secured to the walls they're at made me scratch my head. I'm a glass newbie, but I'm not a safety newbie. Some of the things I saw made me cringe. - Sorry, I do live in earthquake country. -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2009-07-21, 11:11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dawn View Post
When we finished off the basement my frit storage changed I found an cute behind the door shelf plan in a magazine and it works perfectly.
I have those plans printed out. DH is thinking about making me a cute little building on our property, this would be so great!!!