LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2007-11-03, 7:14am

I would guess that $400 would really go a long way with little improvements like paint and some lighting...maybe a big area rug with a chair next to a bookshelf. Might just end up feeling like a completely new space. Good luck to you in whatever you decide.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-11-03, 7:58am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Jen, we looked at those whole "basement remodel" things right after we bought the place. It was over $10K. Of course it was the Corning basement remodel system. The one that makes it look like upstairs space, if that makes sense.

The ceiling down there is fine for me, height-wise, but I'm just 5' 2". John has head-bumping issues down there. The full-blown basement remodel thing includes ceiling work, of course, which would lower the ceiling even more. Right now, there's a kind of fiber board on part of the ceiling that the previous owners put up. It's skanky looking.

When we first moved in, we both had our computers down there. It wasn't a bad space then. Not the best, of course, but not bad. It's just ended up being a repository for so much crap... A lot of it mine. LOL! That's where John cuts and grinds the mandrels we sell, so there's a bin (almost empty right now!) of stainless tubing, a grinder and other stuff next to my studio space. Lots of boxes of old computer parts, software, books... I dunno what else. Truth be told, I don't go further into the basement than my torch station if I can help it.

It's dirty and dusty... Where DOES that dirt come from??? It's not like anyone is tracking stuff down there. It's freakin' weird. Anyway, it needs a good cleaning and some paint. Oh, and at some point someone put up wallboard of some sort up and put wallpaper on . In the 1960s, maybe. It's really crappy looking. I have removed a lot of it (the area around my bench) but there's lots more that needs to go.

And I don't have enough storage for my glass. Not nearly enough.

Since we're talking about my current studio, I thought I should post some more pics and info. Oh, I also wanted to mention that I work in the dark. It's just kind of difficult to take a decent photo showing details when it's dark. So here is a photo with the lights on...

...and here is a photo showing what it's like when I work:

Here is a photo I took of my glass storage before I finished loading it up:

I keep a chart on hand of what is where, too. The link will take you to a rather old version of it (it's a Word .doc file).

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Last edited by Tink; 2007-11-03 at 8:11am.
Old 2007-11-03, 8:20am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Default Narrowing Down Desires...

Note: I love when I have my own thread like this and can talk as much as I want. LOL! I truly am thinking out loud here with no filtering. I just figure that will be more 'real' and useful than the alternatives.

Ok. So I'm going to make a list of everything possible I could ever want to do to my studio space. A dream/wish list, if you will. After that, I'm going to prioritize everything and eliminate the impossible items. I'll need to estimate the cost of each item, too. I was planning to fork over $800 for first and last month's lease, so I'm making that my total budget for this project.

To be somewhat cautious, I will divide my list into two parts: The first part will be the stuff that's pretty much a given, like paint and cleaning supplies and such. The second part of the list will be stuff that will definitely be an improvement to the space, but can wait. If I do all the stuff on the "must do" portion of the list and I still hate my space, there's no sense throwing even more money at it. I suspect that my desire for a tv/dvd setup would take a third of my budget, so I may have to eliminate it from the plan. Bleah.

It will be ideal if each of the two parts of the list has a budget of about $400, but that's just my OCD kicking in. I like balance

I'll start the list in a new post shortly. I need to think about it a bit. Input welcomed!

Also Available in

Last edited by Tink; 2007-11-03 at 8:47am.
Old 2007-11-03, 8:54am
On A Lampwork Hiatus

What is more of a priority - Teaching space/more work area or foot traffic? If its teaching space/larger work area, are you still considering a light industrial type space? I would think that your studio is going to be more of a destination location rather than an impulse kinda purchase studio. Destination locations like that can be off the beaten path a little bit because its the sort of thing that if you build it they will come no matter where your at. If your depending on locals to buy your art, then thats a different story.. although, I think you sell your pieces online beautifully enough that you wouldn't have to depend on locals finding you.. I would think that you could go light industrial in a nice large space like you had in your diagram and just advertise a little more..

It definitely is nice to have a home be a home again when you move your work out of the house but sometimes the grass isn't always greener.. All I ever wanted was a store and when I sank thousands of dollars into getting it set up and opened after about three months I discovered, it really wasn't what I wanted.. And I am home again.

Maybe you could rent that space and go month to month for a little bit and see how it goes and see if you like it, don't sink any money into renovations until your sure, and then if its something you like, look into a more permanent space..
Old 2007-11-03, 9:15am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

What's more of a priority? Well heck... I want it ALL!

For me, teaching is a necessity. Even if it's only a few times a year somewhere. I would love to be able to host my own classes, but I realize that that portion of it alone takes more time, risk and effort than anyone realizes. When I go to teach most places, my hosts make it seem easy and seamless. But that's because they do all the crappy stuff behind the scenes. All I have to do is show up and hopefully do a good job.

I hadn't really thought of my walk-in traffic as being a customer base for buying my work. I guess I look at walk-in traffic as companionship and inspiration to work. Like I mentioned earlier, I am a showoff. I LOVE LOVE LOVE flameworking in front of people! If I had someone to show stuff all day long, I would make stuff all day long. LOL!

That said, I had plans to have a small gallery space in the store for the work of others. Hopefully, people would buy it.

So the problem with a light industrial space would be that it poses the same "isolation challenge" that I face now: I get freaking lonely when I work. I hate being alone down in the basement, and I doubt I would like it much better in a warehouse somewhere. The whole idea of being on a busy street was to give me people to show stuff to and to talk to, not really for sales potential.

If I fix up my basement studio, AND I find a way to truly structure my work time, maybe I can actually have a home life, too. As it is, I feel like I work 20 hours a day with no days off. And I hate that. It's exhausting.

Also Available in

Old 2007-11-03, 12:41pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
Maybe I still have some marketable skills.

I doubt it.
DUH, yes g/f let me tell you YOU DO....

BUT.....

you are an INCREDIBLE artist and person.

Don't waste your great social work talents on some J.O.B.

BE TINK!

we love you either way though....

stac

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2007-11-03, 2:37pm
going crazy

With a sports arena and theater it seems like most of the foot traffic in the area would be in the evenings. So your best chance of walk in people might also be in the evening. (But I also don't know what else is in the area) How does that fit in with your 'typical' work time?
Sounds like it might work for you. Good luck with your decision.

Oops - Just realized I only read the first page, someone might already have mentioned this.
Barb

Last edited by BJJunk; 2007-11-03 at 2:39pm.
Old 2007-11-03, 3:03pm

Hi Tink. What an interesting thread. I've gone through most of the same processes putting Tin City together a few years ago. I was faced with choosing between a high traffic retail area or an industrial area. I think that CT is the most expensive part of the Universe and the high foot traffic retail area just did not work financially and probably never will. Not here anyway.
I do have one suggestion and that is to meet with the local zoning department and fire marshall before you sign your lease and be sure you can do what you want to do in that or any other particular space. Unless you find a stand alone building like ours you can expect to put up fire walls between you and your neighbors. That costs between 5 and 10 thousand dollars at least around here.
The only other advice I have is to be careful of what you wish for. Coming up with rent money every month can be real pressure!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-11-03, 3:50pm

Will you be staying in your old place?? The house might get lonely without you guys!! The new place looks like you would definately have more people going by!!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2007-11-03, 4:36pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Right now, I don't really have a typical work time Barb. When I'm awake, I feel like I need to at least be trying to get work done.

Paula, I remember those days! You made some good choices though. I love your space!

Heidi, if I do ever get a studio somewhere, then my home (which I love) would be a REAL home and not 'where I work'.

Also Available in

Old 2007-11-03, 5:30pm

Thanks Tink. There is something to be said for putting on your "work hat" and going to work every day...
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-11-03, 6:41pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Tink, I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your space.

Old 2007-11-04, 8:05pm
Boro Brat

Well.......I do still think that you should move to Maine so we can torch together every day at Virginia and Ed's...mostly because it's a lot of work for me to give Virginia a hard time all day long and I could really use some help with that

But...if you are really stuck on staying alllllll the way out in Ohio, then girl...you REALLY need to fix that studio!! Paint the walls white...that way it doesn't throw a color cast on your work.

I know that you work in the dark because it's better to see blown work and maybe lack of light is ok with you, but for me, the darkness would make it seem that much more lonely. If it bothers you, have you thought about just painting a section of the surrounding walls black or putting up something that will give you a dark background so you can actually light your studio? Just a thought...

If the room I torch in is cluttered, I cannot work. Really. I just can't get anything done. I am sooooo not a neat freak, but clutter is distractng to me and it makes me feel like I'm being crowded in on. Anything that's not torch/studio related does not belong in a studio imho. No wonder you don't like going down there.

Music/audiobooks are the most important part of the studio, especially if you go down there alone. The Harry Potter audiobooks are fabulous

Even though I like my studio and my home is only one floor, I still find it hard to go to the studio sometimes. It's better if I have a new audioook to listen to or a new mix of music, but it's kinda short-lived. Of course, I really prefer to work at Virginia and Ed's because it's just more fun to work side-by-side with other artists. I did find that it helped me to have a white board in my studio where I would write down what I wanted to try every day, or if I had specific things to do, I'd write that up there and cross it off as I went along. Playing with new ideas helps to bring the "fun" back for me. I also find deadlines extremely helpful, but stressful too.

Anyway, I have struggled with this since I started almost 3 years ago and until recently, I haven't had the opportunity to be around other artists like you have with teaching and traveling, so it was really pretty isolating. It can be very difficult to keep motivated, but I'm sure you'll find your own things that will work. Keep us posted!!!

Old 2007-11-05, 5:07am
Cherine Perrin Glass

It sucks that the space didn't work out for you. Don't give up though! Keep looking and know that we are all behind you.

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2007-11-05, 5:38am
Evil Glass Enabler

The first thing I would do in that dark studio of yours is paint the walls white and put up florescent lights. You can always turn off lights. I really find it convenient to be able to go back to the studio to work. Take a break. Throw a load of laundry in the washer, etc. I love working with Paul but I also like working by myself. You need to get your music back down there if it helps. Good luck! :HUGS: Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2007-11-05, 6:32am
aka Deborah Spence

Hi Tink!

I came across this thread after you'd already discovered the rental space you were looking at wouldn't work for you... but I did want to add a couple comments in case you see another space and decide to explore this path again.

Because my studio is on my "residential" property in a detached building I didn't have as many restrictions and requirements as the commercial properties in Anchorage do. There is a studio there that currently run on hot heads and their ventillation is an open door and a fan but when they began exploring adding a proper ventillation system to the rented commercial space so they could upgrade their torches, they had to have the ventillation specs created by an "engineer." None of the HVAC companies would touch it until it had been engineered. They say it is very expensive and it hadn't been calculated into their early figures. Surprise expense #1 for them.

Another thing to consider is that though this landlord hadn't and a future landlord may not seem to have issues with your working with fire in their building as long as you get insurance you will need to know that when insurance comes up you will be required to have your area accessed by an insurance inspector for surrounding "liability." The more buildings and stores that are close to you and therefore in risk of catching fire if there were a fire would have to be calculated into the insured amount and therefore premium cost. You'd want to have an insurance company in hand before signing a rental agreement and ask that they inspect the property and give you a quote before committing. Again, because of my location and the fact that I have few neighbors and our homes are on 3/4 acre lots there was space around my building that served me well.

My studio is in my detached garage building which is a nice size... even still I came into need of a "storage" shed to put stuff that used to be stored in the studio/garage. When I called zoning to pick their brain about what my options were I found out that my property has strict zoning guidelines on additional (storage type) buildings. I'm only allowed a 100 sq. ft shed type building AND they would have to be 10' from any property lines. %-) That was laughable as I'd have to put a shed in the middle of my property - kerplunk! BUT... I could have several 100 sq ft.' sheds if I wanted as long as they were not connected, and I could place them right on my property line as long as they were moveable and not on a permanent foundation. It made me laugh - there were restrictions but you could get around them if you knew how. Adding a storage shed type studio to your yard may still not be what you want but I did find that just reading the zoning regs didn't get me all the info... it was finding a nice man at the zoning department that was willing to "sus" out all the fine details with me as I explored my options over the phone with him that lead me to realize there were more possibilities there than I first thought.

And in response to the reasons you want to have a studio space where you can have people around but also have a little separation of home and work... Here is how it works for me... I LOVE my private home space and though I'm always busy in it - like now on the computer - it is my personal little heaven. Work happens here of course but there is some sort of separation of home and work that I really appreciate.

When thinking of this studio idea I wondered if I'd ever get so big that I'd need to move to a commercial space because there are space limitations here at my residential space... and before I started this studio I ran that thought completely through in my mind so I'd know what direction I'd be going in and I realized that for myself expanding later into a larger building would not be for me. I LOVE walking across my driveway to my studio - AFTER, I've gotten up, had a cup of tea, fed the kitties and birds and sorted through my emails or putzed around. And I love that when in the studio there is just enough separation that I have the sense of being "on the job." I love that people come to the studio and having them around torching and talking about lampworking is FANTASTIC and INVIGORATING and INSPIRING. I love that if I need something from the house it's a walk across the driveway... or if it is summer I can water the garden while people are torching. But I also LOVE, shutting the studio down each evening, hitting the skip step program on the kilns, turning off the fans and lights and locking the door and walking across the driveway to "Go Home." I WOULD NOT, and this is just me of course, do at all well if I had to drive some place every day to do this. And though there are many reasons having a commercial studio space wouldn't work for me one big one is that even though I've gone home and I've had the action of a feeling of a separate environment, I also spend a lot of time on the computer updating my web site, sending emails, ordering product, etc... some of which can be done while in the studio but a lot can't because when people are about there just isn't time. So... there is still a large amount of studio paperwork that needs attending to from home... but being pulled from the paperwork to the studio gets "studio" things done... and closing the studio door and going home gets "paperwork stuff" done. And "not" having any kind of commute involved in an already pack filled day helps me keep up on all these aspects. And the separation I have from home and work has helped me keep a degree of space and balance in my life that definitely keeps me sane. lol

Well... I've gone on haven't I. lol - In reading all your musings about how to go about this I was reminded of how I went all though it first in thought and then in investigation and finally in action and where I've seen the positive and negative of these different situations with myself and others wanting to do the same. I hope that all my chatter has brought some additional thoughts of inquiry your way and I truly wish you the best in "sussing" out your studio direction. And I must say... that "If I built it and they came" certainly "If Tink Builds It, They Will Come!!!"

With Affection,
Deborah

Old 2007-11-05, 8:03am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Deborah, I'm looking forward to seeing your studio in person next May! Anyone who has ever thought they'd like to visit Alaska, here's a perfect opportunity for you! I'll be up there teaching for a few days. I've been to Alaska once before, and it was incredible! The most beautiful place I've ever seen. Ever. To mix that much beauty and adventure with melting glass will be HEAVEN!!!!!

I spent yesterday mulling all this over. So much to think about. But I *do* think that I need to be smart about it. So I'm trying

There are two reasons overhead fluorescents won't work down there: Low ceilings and the fact that I can "see" flicker in fluorescents and they give me a headache. I think I'll be fine lighting wise if I can just stick some lamps down there and maybe do something about the whole 'bare bulb' issue.

What it needs before anything is a lot of elbow grease. My house sitter also does errands and cleaning for me, so she's coming over this Wednesday to work on my office and the studio and some other stuff. While I love the quaintness of the brick walls down there with remnants of paint stuck to them, the brick is pretty flaky and ends up making a mess. I agree that I should paint the walls. Maybe not white... Off white, perhaps? And I'd like to paint the floor. I think I saw some official Basement Floor Paint at Menards or something.

But first, the walls and floor need to be CLEANED. I don't know how it gets so dirty down there, but John says it's because, basically, it's a really really old house. However it happens, it needs to be cleaned and cleaned well. I will put Jeanne to work on that.

Also, the wallboard (kind of like really thin drywall) they used down there at some point all needs to come down. I pulled a lot of it down when I set up my studio, but there's still a lot in place.

Once that's done, and it's cleaned and painted, I think it will be a million times better! Maybe add some more shelving... And something that has drawers in it... Boombox... TV... DVD player... Hopefully, that will do it.

Oh, and I really really want a little fridge down there Any recommendations?

I pulled something in my back this morning, so I'm gonna pop some Ibuprofen. Once it kicks in, I think I'll go melt some glass. It's so easy to let a concept/project like this suck your entire life into its abyss, and I can't let that happen. I need to make/sell work or the bills don't get paid, much less any renovations or changes to my workspace!

Also Available in

Old 2007-11-05, 8:08am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Pipyr, I was finally able to get/read your email, but now Outlook doesn't want to send my response to you. Argh. My response was, in a nutshell, that you are the sweetest person in the world, and I think the ORIGINAL one (whatever it takes) would be an incredibly wonderful thing for you to do. I hope this makes sense to you. LOL!

Also Available in

Old 2007-11-05, 8:34am

Quote:
Oh, and I really really want a little fridge down there Any recommendations?
Get one that does NOT have one of those little freezer compartments. They build up ice in no time and are a PITA to defrost.
Old 2007-11-05, 9:27am

Tink
You could have someone paint a really cool mural on your basement wall that looks like you are in a store window! lol
I know I know you want a store and give classes!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2007-11-05, 9:32am
as in the state

Okay....I'll throw in my 2 cents here. =)

I think the tv/dvd player would cut down on the loneliness of being in the basement by yourself. I usually always have my iPod when I torch for the same reasons. I get in a groove, move around dancin' in my chair while torching. Music makes the world go 'round for me. But background noise would make you feel less isolated, so...even if it is a larger portion of the budget, I would say go for the tv/dvd thing. Even if it's just a cheap combo...they're coming down in price these days, and probably for around $200 or less you could get something that would suffice. Not flat screen or HD or anything, but still, decent. (If you were closer to me, I'd GIVE you one of the extra TVs I have floating around my house...)

Painting the walls would make it a little more inviting. Be careful of the off white shade you choose, because you could just end up making it look dingy instead of freshly painted. Too white of a white will make it feel too cold (I'm having that problem in my office....it looks like ice, and I think that contributes to the feeling of COLD I have every time I'm in there). If you like the look of the brick (which I do, too), then perhaps try a clear varnish on the brick...would do essentially the same as the paint would. If it's too crumbly, I'm thinking that's why previous homeowners put up drywall....to have a surface to paint on without it crumbling.

Painting the floor. There is concrete paint. I have that in my shed that I someday hope to turn into studio (if zoning/fire codes, blah blah blah) will let me. I also plan to redo that floor before I start anything. I painted it with heavy duty garage floor paint, and the crap is flaking off and the floor looks like s#@!. It might have something to do with the fact that the cement has fiberglass in it (?) so it didn't stick and so I should have etched the floor before I put the paint on it. One recommendation before you paint it is to try an epoxy floor (2 part epoxy, durable, very attractive, you can even add paint chips for color and sparkle!) or try to find this stuff my parents used in the 70's on the porch floor called torgenol (sp?) That stuff would have survived a house fire. We had it in the porch and kitchen, and it survived the traffic of 3 kids growing up and it really didn't look much worse for the wear. Don't know if they still make it, but the epoxy stuff would be similar, and hopefully just as durable. I would hate for you to spend the money on the paint and have it look like my garage floor does now....(no car traffic on it, either, mind you...just mild foot traffic.).

A little fridge would be kinda fun. Just think of it this way though....are you going to use it to hope that you stay down there and get some work done? Or are you going to give up an opportunity to pop your head into the real world (i.e. the kitchen) for a breather before getting back to work? That situation could go both ways....Crap, I got one of THOSE at my house, too. You gonna be in Colorado any time soon? I could have a mini garage sale and empty some of my shed!!!!!!!!!

Besides those things...I'd say you just need a fellow lampworker in the area. Or you could pay someone a pittance to sit there and watch you work all day. You'd be productive, and that person would have the chance to absorb all your knowledge....hell, you probably wouldn't have to pay anyone, just start a sign up sheet for people who want to keep Tink on task!!

-Amy
Old 2007-11-05, 9:37am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

ROFL Heidi!!! I kind of like that idea. lol

I think I'm incredibly sensitive right now to what any changes I make will look to the next owners of this house. That might have something to do with the fact that our beautiful terra cotta fireplace was buried under layers and layers of horrid paint until last week, and that at some point someone had painted the tiles in a checkerboard pattern, using red and black glossy Rustoleum. And that was just ONE layer.

I guess I don't want anyone in the future to call me the names I've been calling the previous owners of this house. LOL!

I'm not really a big fan of murals though. Kinda cheesy, IMO. But that's just me. I'm more into big expanses of nice, clean, freshly painted walls with art hanging on them.

Also Available in

Old 2007-11-05, 9:50am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

You may have hit on something there, Amy! I need a TINK KEEPER! Someone to entertain, amuse, watch, goad, challenge, etc me while I work. I could hire my house sitter to do that, but I'd end up killing her because she talks CONSTANTLY.

You know, there are a few flameworkers in the area, but frankly I've never really felt very included. I'm sure it's my own fault. Granted, my interests are somewhat different than theirs: I don't make beads. I don't make jewelry. I don't care to participate in craft shows (local or otherwise).

I want you LE guys to be here. You know, I teach all over the world, and I am always green with envy when I see the vibrant, active, ENGAGED groups of people who come to my classes. They all know each other, they do stuff together, they trade stuff, hang out... I just don't have that here. When I recently went to hang out with a group of LE'ers in Indiana just over a month ago, I felt more a part of their group than I have ever felt here in Toledo. But that was 2 hours away. *sigh*

Hire-a-Pal. That's it! I'll hire someone to be my friend! LOL!

TIE A FREAKIN' PORKCHOP AROUND MY NECK SO THE DOG WILL PLAY WITH ME.

Anyway, thanks for the great advice re off-white and too-bright-white and stuff. Oh, and the great floor info!

You know, I'm really out of step with technology right now (I used to be uber geeky grrl), but aren't there some really interactive webcams now? Like if I had it set up, people could watch me and talk to me and I could talk to them?

Also Available in

Old 2007-11-05, 10:01am
as in the state

OOH! A webcam would be kind of cool!

slcuniques is using a webcam to host online classes. I'm sure she could throw you an idea or two about using them and what's goin' on. That might be cool....we LE'ers could spy on Tink!!!

Maybe I just need to get an assignment in Toledo and appoint myself Tink keeper. Hee.

Plus...just a thought. Put aside time at least once a month to either hang with the Indiana group, or have them come hang with you. Torch, eat, drink, have fun! It's only 2 hours, and it'd only be once a month, but that might be just enough social interaction to keep you going until the next month!

-Amy
Old 2007-11-05, 10:23am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I'm awful about traveling. Yeah, I know. I travel all the time. I'm not so crazy about that. Hell, I even hate going to the grocery store. LOL! So the thought of driving four hours (or more) each month to hang out for less time than the drive itself takes isn't super appealing. Even though everyone was SO NICE and SO COOL and I had SO MUCH FUN!

I am supposed to be getting together information for a field trip for the group here in Toledo: There is a great exhibit opening next week called GlassWear. It's an exhibit of over the top glass jewelry from around the world. But there has recently been a HUGE shakeup at the Museum, and several people who were my main contacts and connections have left. I don't even know who to talk to there about teaching classes anymore. They're closed today, or I'd be on the phone right now trying to figure all that out.

So I run out this morning to pick up some Pepsi: I can't work without Pepsi or (at least) Coke. I decide not to go to the carryout, because I need the 5,000,000,000 count bottle of Ibuprofen I can get at the drugstore. Get allllll the way over there, only to find I don't have my wallet with me. Arrrrrgh! I dig around in the car and find enough change to get two Pepsis and zero Ibuprofen. Got home and couldn't find my wallet anywhere. Started getting that sick feeling... You know the one I mean... Where, in your head, you're already having to call banks and credit card companies and getting your driver's license replaced.

John found my wallet! So I am a happy grrl, even though I still sort of have sick tummy from the drama, and I still don't have anything to take for this pulled muscle or whatever in my back. LOL!

Also Available in

Old 2007-11-05, 11:28am
as in the state

Oh NO!!

I couldn't find my wallet this morning either! I was freaking out the entire way home hoping I wasn't going to get hit. Turns out, I had it with me the whole time...it was just in the bottom of my bag under all my books...DOH!

That sucks that you didn't get any drugs...but the Pepsi will provide some comfort, I'm sure. Maybe if you bat your eyelashes enough John could get you some ibuprofen?

I hate going to the grocery store, too. I have one right in the same block as my apartment complex, and I still procrastinate until I'm practically eating the dustbunnies...or the cat food!

I hope things settle down for you...with the studio and the back and the torching and the museum and....wow! When it rains, it pours, no? I was just thinking about the museum when I was reading this thread today...at least that would get you some people time.

Very exciting about the prospect about being home though. I don't know how motivated I will be when I get home and set up shop, but...I am looking forward to going home and being there for a while. I'm gettin' kind of tired travelling myself, even though it is rather exciting. To be home would be good. To see the house you make mortgage payments on every day would be good. All in all, I think if you could transform the basement studio into a great place to be, with all the exciting things you want, it woudl be great to do your thing at home, not pay a lease for a studio (that would take quite a bit of stress out of it...you wouldn't have to worry about selling enough stuff or making enough stuff to cover a lease). It'll be great!!

-Amy
Old 2007-11-05, 11:28am
Boro Brat

Quote:
Pipyr, I was finally able to get/read your email, but now Outlook doesn't want to send my response to you. Argh. My response was, in a nutshell, that you are the sweetest person in the world, and I think the ORIGINAL one (whatever it takes) would be an incredibly wonderful thing for you to do. I hope this makes sense to you. LOL!
Oh, darlin'...I think you really need to spend more time with me before you go making statements like that

And I copy loud and clear

Oh! And I hadn't really thought of it, but beware of white or off-white paint on brick walls, even with plenty of primer...stains will definitely bleed through!! Maybe someone has an idea of how to avoid that? I just remembered my old house, though...there was a concrete section in one of the rooms and it was really, really gross because I painted it white and it kept turning yellow on me. Yuck.

Old 2007-11-05, 11:38am

In that house I never thought of you as ever being "alone" lolol
A webcam is a cool idea YUP!! we could all spy on you then!!!!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2007-11-05, 2:10pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I think the web cam idea is a fun one but could be a distraction.

You need a TV down there so you don't have to run upstairs to see if the Family Guy is on. This isn't a purchase you should put off. Just think of it as I need to sell ??? many vessels to pay for the TV, set down and work twards having Family Guy playing in your studio. You could even rent the whole season of the show to get the work done.

Old 2007-11-05, 2:38pm

Geez wouldn't it be a tax writeoff since its for business purposes also! lol

Heidi

~~
~~