Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2012-04-03, 6:55am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Default Photoshop Elements 10 & Premier 10

FYI, Best Buy on line has these two programs today only for $75.00. I am trying to justify buying them, but wanted anyone interested to know.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:30am
ManBearPig

Premiere Elements 10 is well worth it. It's what I use for video editing. I own the full blown Premiere as well, but never use it. I haven't found anything that I need to do that I can't do in Elements. Maybe a professional would look at it differently, but I'm not a professional.

Photoshop Elements, on the other hand, I wouldn't waste my money on. But, then again, I use Photoshop in my job, so I do things with it that Elements won't do...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-04-03, 10:58am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks for your input, Chad. I am still trying to decide if I really need it. I use Gimp 2 now, and it is probably all I need.
Old 2012-04-04, 6:30am
ManBearPig

I've never used Gimp, but I've heard pretty good things. It just depends on what you're doing with it. I don't think Gimp supports CMYK (which I don't think Elements does either) so if you are getting something printed, that may be a roadblock. Although most print shops will convert your images to CMYK for a small fee.

Old 2012-04-04, 7:44am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hey Chad. It was a one day deal, and I let it go. Decided it was $75. I didn't need to spend unless it was glass!

Good to see you are running for an office in ISGB. You have my vote.
Old 2012-04-04, 8:46am

Mac or Windows?

Old 2012-04-04, 9:41am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

both.