Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2006-06-03, 8:03pm

Question 16oz MAPP gas canister and HotHead torch- set up ?'s

First off, this is my 1st post, so if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it.

I have never done lampwork before, and as soon as I get this torch attached, I'll be making my very first bead. So I have my space, my ventilation and fire proof area set up, and I'm trying to attach my MAPP gas canister and torch to my table w/ a C- clamp and L- braket. Only problem is that it sits at a 90 degree angle- staight up and down. The attachment pieces were sold to me by the nice lady at the glass shop, so I assume she sold me the right stuff. (I'd call her, but her shop is closed fore the week and I'm DYING to finally get started.) I need it to be at about 45 degrees, right? If you need pics let me know. Any help you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Shannon
Old 2006-06-03, 8:37pm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstscc
First off, this is my 1st post, so if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it.

I have never done lampwork before, and as soon as I get this torch attached, I'll be making my very first bead. So I have my space, my ventilation and fire proof area set up, and I'm trying to attach my MAPP gas canister and torch to my table w/ a C- clamp and L- braket. Only problem is that it sits at a 90 degree angle- staight up and down. The attachment pieces were sold to me by the nice lady at the glass shop, so I assume she sold me the right stuff. (I'd call her, but her shop is closed fore the week and I'm DYING to finally get started.) I need it to be at about 45 degrees, right? If you need pics let me know. Any help you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Shannon
Shannon,

My husband did not want me to c clamp to his work bench. I have the cannister attached by a round metal clamp you tighten with a screw driver and a small metal bar with holes in it bent into an L .Make the L and turn it so the bottom of the L can be placed flush against a small piece of wood. Screw it into the wood and I have the piece of wood sitting in a vice. You can doe this with a c clame and not screw it into the wood. I hope this is not to confusing. If it is email me and I will give you my phone numbe and try to explain it better. the pieces parts can be bought at home depot.
Ann
Old 2006-06-04, 6:43am
Gentleman of Leisure

You can bend the "L" bracket to change angle of torch...I like my flame at about between 35-45 degrees from table top.....

Note how bracket is bent where torch attaches...

Its does not matter whether clamp is around gas cylinder or torch neck, BENDING the bracket will get you the solution you desire....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2006-06-04 at 6:49am.