No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2010-02-25, 11:22am

Default 10" 781 cfm can fan on sale

Hi-
In case anyone is interested, I've found this on sale for $221.81 on bghydro.com.

-Ana
Old 2010-02-25, 11:26am
da General

Ana, Just to clarify, the 781 cfm is an older model and it doesn't have a slim profile to fit inside the 10" ducting as the latest 1023 cfm model that I have (and shown in the other thread). You can see the difference here:

http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/Items.asp...TpStatus=1&Tp=

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-02-25, 11:42am

Hi Hayley-
Yea, I saw that it looks like a wheel, but it will be behind my hood, so I think it should be ok. I may have to add a few inches of 10" duct to give it clearance from the wall around the window (if that makes sense).

-Ana
Old 2010-02-25, 12:05pm
old fart

it would work, but i would not spend that much money for it. IMHO, one of these would work just fine and you could take the $150 in savings and buy some tools and glass. i use one like this adapted using standard duct hardware from a good hardware store.

http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-4900-Per...pd_sim_dbs_k_2

Old 2010-02-25, 4:01pm

Mark, is that blower designed to be used with ducting? If not, I'd be concerned it would overheat.

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2010-02-26, 5:13am
old fart

no it was not designed for use in ducts, that is what the adaptors are for. your torch makes a few CFM of really hot combustion byproducts, the fan moves several hundred CFM, so the 2000F flame temperature is diluted and cooled down by room temperature air to the point that the exhaust duct air temperature is only 10 to 20 degrees hotter that room temperature, well within the fans operational range. how do i know this, because i have this fan and use it in my ventilation system. and i use a major burner with a big flame and the duct is hardly warm.

Old 2010-03-06, 10:02am
Curmudgeon Engineering

I might add that the fan Mark is suggesting is in fact a squirrel cage design used for ducted systems. It might take a little more adaptation to your ducting though.
PJ
Old 2010-03-06, 10:15am
Cancer SUCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserglass View Post
no it was not designed for use in ducts, that is what the adaptors are for. your torch makes a few CFM of really hot combustion byproducts, the fan moves several hundred CFM, so the 2000F flame temperature is diluted and cooled down by room temperature air to the point that the exhaust duct air temperature is only 10 to 20 degrees hotter that room temperature, well within the fans operational range. how do i know this, because i have this fan and use it in my ventilation system. and i use a major burner with a big flame and the duct is hardly warm.
Thanks to Mark, I too have been using this fan for 6 years now. It works great, takes a little metal bending to retro fit the ducting and is the most economical way to go!!!

Old 2010-03-06, 10:22am
Cancer SUCKS!

Let me try and post a couple photos.

This image shows my ducting, with the fresh air on the left and the exhaust air going out on the right.

Not a great image, but this is a close up of the exhaust air that goes outside. Hubby found the closest ducting that was shaped similar to the opening and then he slight bent to fit.

It really works great!

Let me know if you have any other questions, but Mark knows more then me on this, since it is his design. Oh the black plastic around the duct is insulation. It gets pretty cold here in MN and I wanted to try and prevent heat loss.

HTH,

Old 2010-03-06, 10:29am
Tweedle Dumb

Yep I just put in a very similar one. Beats my other fan by a long shot.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!