Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-03-25, 4:08pm

Marcy, could you share your tutorial? The NW Fire and Rain Chapter are having a bead making day this weekend too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2010-03-25, 5:07pm
StudioMarcy

Of course, I want to share it with everyone. I'll figure out how to put it online and have it up by 11 am tomorrow. It's just a simple handwritten set, with drawings, but really easy to follow.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2010-03-25, 6:07pm

Thanks Marcy, so sweet of you.

Old 2010-03-25, 6:08pm

You know what I have done before, not the best but it works (well just) OK. Take a digital photo of your picture. That way if you don't have a scanner, you can still put it in a digital format.

Old 2010-03-25, 7:38pm
StudioMarcy

I'll have my simple hand drawn piggy tutorial on my blog tomorrow morning early. I'll be back to post the url when it goes live. Please download it if you wish. Sorry it's not fancier, but you'll be able to easily understand it. Also at the bottom it gives my email address if you want a pdf sent to you as well.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2010-03-25, 8:19pm
Leda

Thank you so much Marcy; I plan on going to the Fireflies Austin event on Sat night if I can, but I want to practice a little first on some piggies at home before I go!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Leda
Old 2010-03-25, 8:59pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I'll send a pig when I get back from my trip next week! *s*

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2010-03-25, 11:12pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

I'd like to send Dylan a piggy and a note. My heart goes out to this little guy. How brave all the children are. I'll do my best in making some piggys that can be strung on his string...... Sandy :0)

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2010-03-26, 3:15am
StudioMarcy

Here you go. The Piggy tutorial is now on my blog in jpg form, so you can grab them as photos.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

or send me a message (
) for a pdf. I can't wait to see all the little pigs for Dylan.

xo,
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2010-03-26, 1:26pm
Leda

Thumbs up Piggie Tut

Thanks Marcy! Hopefully I'll get to practice some tonight!

Leda

Old 2010-03-26, 3:00pm
Life is good

Here is my first attempt at a piggy for Dylan. I hope he likes it. Lori, is there any way to send him a little piggy stuffed animal?I have a really cute one that my Daughter has two of, and I thought he might like it.
Attached Images

Old 2010-03-26, 3:43pm
StudioMarcy

You're welcome Leda... and Dave, what a cutie!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2010-03-27, 2:37pm
Isinglass Design

Sounds like a useful thing to get to work on this week!

Laurie
Old 2010-03-28, 10:46am

Quote:
You go Fireflies !!

Maybe even do some Pigs in Space for the Shuttle launch!
Thank you Lori--this thread was making me cry & now all I can hear is the "Muppet Show Voice" doing the "PIGS...IN...SPACE>>>" starting voice over & music

Quote:
Lori,

My blown pig vessel was mailed today. Since it has no hole, it can't be strung but it will stand by itself, being a vessel.

Sue
Sue! what have we told you about blowing farm animals???

(and has Nikki seen the sheeps yet???
)

(putting Dylan on mom's prayer list!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-03-29, 11:37am
Eight Miles Wide

I mailed mine today, along with a note & picture of my stuffed one-eared pig that I still sleep with.

I had to make one-eared pigs. It seemed wrong to put two ears on them.

Old 2010-03-29, 11:50am
StudioMarcy

those are adorable!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2010-03-29, 6:12pm
Eight Miles Wide

Thank you, Marcy!

Old 2010-03-29, 6:59pm
I think I could be a bead

I forgot to take pictures! Oh, well. It's in the mail to Dylan!

Old 2010-03-29, 7:09pm

Thanks so much, Marcie~! I'm going to let the others in my lampworking group know about this tutorial! I really appreciate you sharing this with us!
Happy creating,
ginger
Old 2010-03-29, 8:12pm
Leda

Power to the Piggies!

:0)

Leda
Old 2010-03-29, 8:36pm
it is what it is......

everyones piggies are so sweet. what a wonderful thing to do!

Old 2010-03-30, 10:02am
Smile, it's contagious!

I finally got my Dylan piggies in the mail today!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2010-03-30, 12:59pm
Hobby Junkie

Sent a pig to you for Dylan yesterday morning! I hope he gets hundreds of them!!!!!

Old 2010-03-30, 3:48pm
Bad Cat Glass

My pigs went into the mail today -- one party piggy with party hat, one flower child piggy with a wreath of flowers , and one pirate piggy with eye patch.
Old 2010-03-31, 7:57am

Hi Lori, What a wonderful thing to be a part of!! I have wanted to do this for a while now.
How do I find out where to send my piggy beads for Dylan?
I am in Canada, so cannot really hand deliver them.

Thank You, Denise.

Old 2010-03-31, 8:01am

Ooops!! Disregard that message about address please. I really must hold my enthusiasm long enough to read a whole post now and then!

Power to Dylan and his Piggys.

Old 2010-04-04, 5:41am

I made my first 2 pigs last night! The first one...wellllllllll, its pink and some sort of animal
My son could tell that my second one was a pig

I'm planning on making some more, then I'll send them off

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2010-04-04, 7:03am
StudioMarcy

Yay Duane! Way to go. My family doesn't always recognize what I make on my first try either. Luckily, we get better with practice.
M

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2010-04-05, 8:54pm
Loook eeentooo my eyyees

If it is not too late I have 5 little piggy heads to send tomorrow. I am pretty sure they will survive the kiln.

-
-

Old 2010-04-06, 4:36am
Isinglass Design

Time to send mine off! A big one, two wee ones- in case he has a Mom who needs pig earrings, and a mask with a curly tail on the back. I'll try and remember to take a picture. I'm sending them off at the same time I send my taxes- that will make me feel better!

Laurie