Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-04-10, 11:25pm

Default Boro With A Cheetah And O2 Generator

Hello,

I'm looking to get a Cheetah with an oxy con or generator. I'm looking for you take on the options out there without breaking the bank. I have budgeted about 2500.00 to 3000.00 including shipping and torch.

Please let me know what you think the best way to go would be.

Thanks
Robin
Old 2006-04-11, 11:56am
Hummel factory reject

I just got the OG-20 generator from Fred Morgan at OGSI for around 2k and it powers the cheetah just fine. Tell him Lori L sent you!!! Then there's the cheetah 550 plus shipping.

Good luck,

Lori

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-04-11, 12:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko
I just got the OG-20 generator from Fred Morgan at OGSI for around 2k and it powers the cheetah just fine. Tell him Lori L sent you!!! Then there's the cheetah 550 plus shipping.

Good luck,

Lori
Lori, I am so glad to hear that you are happy with the setup. I am still in love with mine! It is such freedom to be no longer tethered to the oxy tank and have the freedom to put a thousand dots on a bead taking an hour and a half without considering how much sooner I am going to have to refill my tank if I make this bead!

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2006-04-11, 4:14pm
Hummel factory reject

Thanks Pam! Your help and others I spoke with really pushed me towards this set up. The cheetah rocks and I just couldn't tolerate a torch that would throw any heat back at me! I have enough trouble with hot flashes.... I work boro and soft so I find the GTT torches to be respectful of the glass. Fred at OGSI was soooo helpful! I told him that I have paid much more for tools and received much less customer service! I was a little worried about the noise but it is not as loud my double concentrators chugging along. Thanks again for your insight! Lori

Old 2006-04-11, 5:38pm
boro color bender

I have two M-20's and a Cheetah (a Cuda too). $1600 or so in this set up, plus shipping and torch. I'm really happy with these units so far.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-04-12, 1:00pm
Hummel factory reject

OG-20 Brand New Unit.... M-20's modified units. 3-400.00 difference.