Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-04-21, 6:43am
Nah, not really...;)

Default Elvis?

So, I don't get it........what is the difference be/ Elvis and Elvis Black? They 'look' the same to me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-04-21, 6:49am
In search of her path....

actually the color of the rods even before you use them should be different Elvis Black literally is soooo dark its almost a black red regular elvis looks nice red /clearish in rod. Regular elvis is not as deep or saturated of red as elvis black, elvis black you can thin way out and get almost te same color. IF they look the same in rod form you may have been shipped a mixed up batch by mistake.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-04-21, 7:28am
Nah, not really...;)

Thank you Karin! I was wondering!

Oops I forgot: Does anyone have a picture of both for comparison? Thanks.

Old 2006-04-21, 5:24pm
needs to light the torch.

I would love to see pictures too!

Old 2006-04-22, 11:01am
Old enough to know better

No pictures of Elvis Red, but it looks a lot like NS Pomegranite. Close enough that I have to be careful to keep them carefully labelled. It's light enough to be transparent in rod form.

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-04-22, 11:03am
In search of her path....

I have some regular Elvis Red I will try to get a pic later I dont have Black Elvis though my supplier I go to carries it and Ive seen it as im a walk in there

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-04-22, 3:51pm
McAfee Art Glass

Found these so you could see the diff.

Elvis

Blk Elvis

Use them both and Love them

Dave

Old 2006-04-22, 4:01pm
Nah, not really...;)

Thank you Kelik for posting the pics. That is a major difference, not easily mixed up from what I can tell.
I ordered Elvis Black and got regular Elvis, which I don't need, whine whine.

Old 2006-04-22, 4:18pm
McAfee Art Glass

I'd keep it you will use it eventually, It is great color and keeps its red look. I can not seem to turn it that ugly liver color I can other reds

Dave

Old 2006-04-22, 4:32pm
Nah, not really...;)

I know, I know, but I wanted the Elvis Black, ya' know. I can never have too much glass, but......I want the Black damnit!

Old 2006-04-22, 4:44pm
McAfee Art Glass

This is Blk Elvis w/ blue moon,,, looks like a red dark plum color. I like it.

Old 2006-04-22, 4:47pm
Nah, not really...;)

Are you trying to make me jealous? because I am, damnit!
Nice beads, BTW!

Old 2006-04-22, 4:56pm
McAfee Art Glass

Thank you very much

Old 2006-04-22, 8:37pm
Nah, not really...;)

Your welcome. Now where can I get some real Elvis Black?

Old 2006-04-23, 3:27am
Old enough to know better

I'm sure there are a number of suppliers, but I like this one. They process orders really quickly and I usually have my glass within 2-3 days of ordering it.

lampworkingsupplies.com

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-04-23, 4:09am
Nah, not really...;)

Thank you Tanya, I'll check them out!