No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2010-10-10, 3:31pm
New to the Flame

Default My garage...my studio

Here are a couple pics of what I've managed to do with my garage "studio". We are in a rental house until our house is finished - the builder is taking extra long, so we signed another short lease, so I'll be around for a little while anyway. So I'm trying to get comfortable where I am. Everything seems pretty workable. (Except the darn torch...)

-Sandy
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-10, 3:41pm

Nice!

PEACE ON EARTH
Old 2010-10-10, 5:50pm
Formerly Fancypants

Really nice, Sandy, what are you using for storing your glass rods?

Old 2010-10-10, 6:11pm
New to the Flame

Thanks guys. Diane, I'm using the fencing that was (is?) all the rage. I bought it in 8 foot lengths at Home Depot and then cut it down into 24" pieces. Perfect for stacking and holding glass because each "post" has 3 compartments in it. If you want to know more or where to find it, let me know...
-Sandy

Old 2010-10-10, 6:29pm
Macaw Mamma

Very nice

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2010-10-10, 6:30pm

"Two thumbs up Sandy" Everything is so organized and easy to reach.
Old 2010-10-10, 6:33pm
And silence is golden

And the beadies all tucked in their blanket. Nice studio!
Old 2010-10-10, 6:57pm
grama punky - class junky

Wow! I am amazed how organized and clean your space is. my space only gets cleaned now when the table top is so full of stuff I cant use molds because too many things in the way! very nice.

Old 2010-12-14, 1:11pm

The picture of your studio is very nice.I like the pictures.I have a garage but I don't have a studio,I think that I can use your idea to make garage to a studio.Studio is my favourite thing where I passed My 8 to 10 hours daily.I want to make a new studio plese give me advise how can I make good Studio for Daily uses.

Old 2010-12-14, 1:17pm
uncouthful cats

Nice & roomy, but I don't see any ventilation ....... (?)

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2010-12-25, 9:33am
Glass-aholic

she has the garage door open, you can see it in the first picture. She is basically outside.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2010-12-25, 9:47am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci View Post
she has the garage door open, you can see it in the first picture. She is basically outside.
Umm.... NO!

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2010-12-25, 10:27am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
Umm.... NO!

Dale
My thoughts exactly, I see far too many people around here with inadequate (or non-existent) ventilation.
Old 2010-12-25, 8:31pm
Glass-aholic

ok.. then a fix would be fan pushing her tail wind outside, and to hope for the winds to be in the right place? or would you put in a fan and hood through the side of the garage?
(not trying to be smart ass, really, just wondering) I mean being that you have a large air source right there, like 10 feet away, seems to be enough circulation to be OK with the doors open. please educate me. (I am not working in a garage, and have a very adequate ventilation system hooked up) I am just trying how to make this an easy fix for Sandy, or at least, what to do in the mean time before she gets a hooded ventilation system in place. Yes I realize you health is no "easy fix"...

WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2010-12-26, 1:39pm
Gentleman of Leisure

The key here is air in motion.... Convection tends to make warm air rise so everything we try to remove is just rising up to be captured in ceiling area where it just condenses and becomes more toxic as time goes on.... Its all about positive air flow. If you can not feel air movement you are not really ventilating anything.... A garage can be like a calm pool next to a rushing stream ... You can have a fast rushing stream going down hill pretty regularly, but a calm pool off to the side may not have any motion and become stagnate.... Or maybe you want to consider it like a swimming pool.... With filter and pumps running it keeps water fresh, if you turn off filter and pump, pool becomes unhealthy...

Testing for air movement is only proof of good ventilation, just because door is open is not definitive ventilation, its only a assumption....

Yes, adding a fan to insure air movement would a temporary fix till proper ventilation can be put in place...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2010-12-26 at 3:06pm.
Old 2010-12-26, 1:47pm
Glass-aholic

Thanks for the info Dale.