No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2006-12-12, 2:10pm
I poop flowers.

Default ? about MAPP gas

I finally got started in my lampworking endeavors today. It took me forever to light the torch (partly because I`m a freakin` wuss when it comes to fire and partly because I was using a spark lighter) but finally I got the hang of it. I did find that the angle which I have the bottle of gas set up is not comfortable for me. The holder I have for it holds the bottle straight up and down, and I`m torching almost straight over the bottle. I seem to recall that in the class I took
the bottle was more angled so the torch was pointing away. I can bend the holder to a more comfortable angle, but I was afraid to, not knowing how far might be too far. The bottle warns of not holding the torch upside down, and I`m not THAT dumb, but how far can I safely angle the bottle? I found that I had to stand up to make beads, and as I`ve been a pet groomer for the past 19 years and spent 40 or more hours a week on my feet, I`d prefer to sit down. So, suggestions?
Old 2006-12-12, 2:14pm
birdergirl ~o~

I have my L brace bent almost horizontal- you can bend the brace pretty much to your comfort zone with no problem as long as it stays fastened tightly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2006-12-18, 7:41pm
I poop flowers.

Thanks, cadia, I`ll try that.