No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2013-01-07, 4:11pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

Default 3 broken concentrators :/

I have three broken Oxy Cons, what to do with them? What did you do with your used Oxy cons?

Does anyone know someone who may want them to repair and re-sell?

They are all 5 lpm. I have a:

DevilBiss MC84 with 17234 hours on it
A DevilBiss OSD with 17756 hours on it
and an Oxycon Inc with 23023 hours on it.

I believe all three probably need new compressors. We used them until they stopped working, purchased them refurbished online. They need maintenance but worked great for the last 4-5 years that we owned and used them. Know nothing about working on these but someone out there hopefully does.

I am in the Seattle area .... thanks Jenelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Old 2013-01-07, 5:55pm

I have a DevilBiss MC84 that needs a part (the outlet) - where you attach the oxygen hose. It cracked right off on the outside of the unit. Otherwise it worked fine! Bummer.
Wish I lived closer!

Sue

Old 2013-01-07, 6:36pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

Dang :/ If that part wasn't built in we would scrap it off for you and send it!

|
|
|
|

Old 2013-01-08, 12:05pm

Seriously?? Cause I am fairly sure that it unscrews from the inside (you have to open the unit up - which wasn't too difficult)

This is a picture that I took when I was trying to find a replacement part a while back. You can see where it cracked (rough edges) I am pretty sure that this part has a nipple that fits in the plastic tube and it would be able to be removed if the nut was loosened. What do you think?

It would be awesome if it was possible!

Sue

Old 2013-01-08, 2:33pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

Sue I don't know, but if we can't find a buyer for these I will get back to you on this Jenelle

|
|
|
|

Old 2013-01-08, 9:50pm

Hey, that is totally cool, hope you can find someone! I would definitely pay for the part/shipping etc. By the way, I loved your tutorials - have a couple of them!

Sue

Old 2013-01-09, 10:56am
Senior Member | Jenelle

Thanks Sue! I will probably be in touch soon, not getting much else of a response for these :/ The picture helps and I will have Dan (DH) take a look at the machine in the meantime and see what there is to taking that part out for ya.

|
|
|
|

Old 2013-01-09, 11:26am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Sue,
Just push a double ended barbed splicer into the clear tube (remove the clamp first) and hook up your torch hose to the end. You don't really need the black plastic piece.

PJ
Old 2013-01-09, 11:40am
Senior Member | Jenelle

Perfect PJ, Sue please let me know if this works as I just heard back from American Medical that each unit should go for about $200 in the condition they are in. Posting to craiglist, but Sue if you end up still needing the part please let me know because I would love to help you get your oxycon back in order and still may be able to simply send you the part if we cant sell these here pretty quick. They take up much needed studio space! Jenelle

|
|
|
|