No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-01-08, 9:15pm
A Splash o' Glass

Default Lauscha Color#3

I just got mine today, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Maybe tomorrow. But it looks like a pretty honey mustard. I like it so far in rod form. Anyone else out there that tried it out and want to share pictures?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-08, 9:41pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I received mine today also. Did you look at the DVD that came with it? There are pictures of the color there. I'll probably get a chance to work with it tomorrow. I must say this color is right up my alley

It looks like it will work up like opal yellow complete with the pink blush.

Old 2007-01-08, 10:15pm

I knew I shouldn't have looked at this thread!!! Darn it!!!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2007-01-08, 10:38pm
Sheila

Ooooh, I love a good spoiler! Can't wait to get mine now!

Old 2007-01-08, 11:21pm
yukue fumei

gosh and I haven't even gotten an invoice yet............sounds like a gorgeous color though! Let us know how it reacts, please

nagi

Old 2007-01-09, 9:04am
sunscreen me baby

I got mine yesterday! I am so excited because I was not one of the first for the last two colors. Yipee! Off to melt it

~

Old 2007-01-09, 12:45pm
Storm Queen

Having dropped out of the club after the first color I'll be curious to see how people feel about #3. I'd love to see pictures. The thing is MaryBeth says it looks just like opal yellow....we already have opal yellow....

Old 2007-01-09, 12:56pm
sunscreen me baby

The rod doesn't look like opal yellow and it is much stiffer. I have one test bead in the kiln. But from the pictures on the cd I think I'm going to love this color.

~

Old 2007-01-09, 3:35pm

So this time I made sure the tutorials were in a .pdf format, since not everyone could open Word files. Can you all open them? Please say "yes!"
(Also, we shipped maybe 3 boxes before the testers tutorials arrived....If you Don't have a CD, let me know and I'll email you the files....)
Old 2007-01-09, 3:38pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Awwww man, I just found my request for payment and now I'm torn. I'm afraid I won't be terribly fond of a honey mustard type color, but I don't want to ixnay the Club...drat, drat, drat....what to do, what to do...

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2007-01-09, 4:19pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I had no trouble opening the files. I love the name of the glass.

Chriss - the rods to me look more like a warm deep tan. The pictures on the files show the finished glass looking like a nice warm caramel color to a nicely blushed pink color. It will make lovely skin tones. There was no ochre/mustard involved in the pics of the finished beads.

Hopefully, I'll have some beads of my own to post by tomorrow.

Old 2007-01-09, 4:29pm
sunscreen me baby

I opened my CD without any problems too!

~

Old 2007-01-09, 5:59pm
A Splash o' Glass

Oops! I forgot there was supposed to be a CD in the box. I hope my husband didn't throw the box out yet. Well, if he did, it will just be in the recycle bin, so I should be able to recover it. Gotta hurry home now and see!

Old 2007-01-09, 6:35pm

I am bummed I still have not even got a invoice. I looked and looked
Lori
Old 2007-01-09, 9:24pm
Established Thinker I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Awwww man, I just found my request for payment and now I'm torn. I'm afraid I won't be terribly fond of a honey mustard type color, but I don't want to ixnay the Club...drat, drat, drat....what to do, what to do...

So where'd you find it. I seem to have been overlooked this time.

l
l
l
Old 2007-01-09, 11:57pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Marci did not invoice everyone yet because of the fact that she is taking time to make sure everyone in the club receives their invoice. Also, not all of this color has made it to the states yet, it's on it's way from Germany as we speak. You might want to check out the Lauscha general questions thread. Marci also has a blog started on her website , and updates there

Old 2007-01-10, 8:13am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by taneres View Post
So where'd you find it. I seem to have been overlooked this time.
Found it when I went to my PayPal account; there was the invoice, waiting to be paid. I can't find the corresponding email.

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2007-01-10, 9:16am
Established Thinker I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
Marci also has a blog started on her website , and updates there
Do you have a link....can't find it right now.

l
l
l
Old 2007-01-10, 9:22am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

quote:Since it is indeed against LE standards to operate a business from the forum, and since this club has enough business going on to fall into that category, I have been searching for a more efficient way to communicate club news....We've got the newsletters, but Renee & reeenie have both suggested that you all want more frequent updates than that....

And so, on that happy note, I've decided to try THE BLOG concept (again!) I work on iWeb, and the first version of that software had it's share of publishing problems...everytime I updated my blog, some other page would fall apart....so I gave up. However, the most recent update of the program has vastly improved this. So let's see how it works.

I have a VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT that I just published. Let's see if this works for you. IF it does, I'll update the blog twice a week to keep you all informed about the joys of club business.

If it doesn't work, certainly I'll post the announcement here!!!!
Let's see what happens! Sometime soon you'll be able to get this all at www.firelady.com.

But for today,(and the link is endlessly long, so just click or copy & paste)
go to:
http://web.mac.com/marciedavis/iWeb/...9FEF67CFF.html

Gee, couldn't they have made it a little longer?

Old 2007-01-10, 9:29am
Rose colored glasses…√

The link didn't work for me...

Old 2007-01-10, 2:17pm
im Loving it!

Fireladys link came up saying *domain for sale* and the other *we cant find the webpage your looking for*.

Jenx
Old 2007-01-10, 2:20pm
novembersfyre everywhere

The link to the blog is coming up for me. Marcie posted it in the other thread:

Just click on it.

I just clicked on this after I posted it and it works.

Old 2007-01-10, 3:31pm
im Loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth View Post
The link to the blog is coming up for me. Marcie posted it in the other thread:

Just click on it.

I just clicked on this after I posted it and it works.

Thank you... your links working fine!

Jenx
Old 2007-01-10, 3:37pm

No pictures yet? Will you post some if I pout?

Old 2007-01-10, 4:45pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
No pictures yet? Will you post some if I pout?
I'll post some after I make some Or - if you say "down the shore" again - it made me a little bit homesick (or actually nostalgic for the summers of my mispent youth on New Jersey beaches).

Last edited by MaryBeth; 2007-01-10 at 8:00pm.
Old 2007-01-10, 7:03pm

Awwww, Mary Beth! Next time I go down the shore I'll pick you up some salt water taffy.
Oh, missed that last.Maybe I'll take a pic of under the boardwalk too yeah? Wheeee!

Old 2007-01-10, 7:18pm

Oh, shoot.... Boardwalk on the NJ beaches....even played a few days of hookie in high school.... just to head down south to the beach.... the boardwalk.... oh..... memories...

Old 2007-01-10, 7:50pm
Semi Retired

Default color #3

I wanted to see how this new color compared to the other translucent Lauscha I have. So I made a butterfly bead for the Bead of Courage. The butterfly has color #3 (forgot the name), Lauscha pink, Lauscha buckhorn, and Lauscha Latte? from Jodel. The others are all #3.
Attached Images

|

|

|

|

Old 2007-01-10, 8:02pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
Awwww, Mary Beth! Next time I go down the shore I'll pick you up some salt water taffy.
Oh, missed that last.Maybe I'll take a pic of under the boardwalk too yeah? Wheeee!
Under the boardwalk I'll never tell But I'll take you up on that salt water taffy!

Old 2007-01-10, 8:03pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichromary View Post
I wanted to see how this new color compared to the other translucent Lauscha I have. So I made a butterfly bead for the Bead of Courage. The butterfly has color #3 (forgot the name), Lauscha pink, Lauscha buckhorn, and Lauscha Latte? from Jodel. The others are all #3.

Those are gorgeous! I made a couple of beads then realized I still had the fricken fiber blanket on the bottom of my kiln from the last time I fired PMC - so I only made a couple I hate putting them on fiber blanket!

I'm hoping I get that kind of color!