Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-06-05, 7:59am

Default Basic Photoshops Elements Question

I have the very basic freebie version of photoshop elements that came with my cannon powershot. I have noticed that i have no problems editing a regular jpeg, but sometimes when I try and edit an existing gif or bmp that I get this little "hand" icon that stays as a "hand" even when I click on the other tools that I want to use such as pencil, brush, eraser, etc. What am I doing wrong? It just won't seem to accept any commands to edit the item.

Thanks!

Eric

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-06-05, 8:02am

Haven't run in to that problem yet. Maybe you could save the image as a tif file (no compression so you don't lose any data) and then edit.
Old 2008-06-06, 3:37am

I'm guessing you need to change the color mode but I'm not completely sure. To change the color mode go to Images>Mode and select RGB.

Want to post a screenshot perhaps?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Friendly site for reserving spots in Group Magazine Ads.
Connect with me:

Old 2008-06-06, 5:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyberrys View Post
I'm guessing you need to change the color mode but I'm not completely sure. To change the color mode go to Images>Mode and select RGB.

Want to post a screenshot perhaps?
Thanks! I will check that out.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-06-09, 10:34pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/ this forum has a lot of really helpful people. If the other suggestions don't work, I would give it a try.

Jenny