LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-10-11, 7:30pm
Following my Dream

Default Flamingo

Does anyone have a Flamingo bead Tutorial ? Living in Florida many ask for these guys.
Thanks,
Margie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My name is Margie...and I'm addicted to glass...no...to fire...no...to glass...no...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-10-13, 7:52am
Following my Dream

bump

My name is Margie...and I'm addicted to glass...no...to fire...no...to glass...no...
Old 2006-10-14, 5:15am
First star on the right..

Dont know if this will help or not...
http://cgi.ebay.com/FLAMINGO-HANDMAD...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 2006-10-14, 6:58am

I was thinking about making some of these, my sister likes Flamingos. I was thinking of making a body, kind of similar to that one on the link, but I'd make the neck longer, and then I was going to make separate feet beads and then for the legs, use long head pins (you can bend one up like flamingos stand) and have the beaded legs dangling down with the feet at the bottom of the head-pin. Does that make sense? I suck at explaining things like this? It's kind of like how Sharon Peters did her chicken, but using head-pins instead of beaded string. Just an idea I wanted to pass along. Good luck!

Jan

Old 2006-10-14, 10:46am
Anna Duhame

I make Flamingos...(and also live in FL ) What I do is to make kind of a round base and then slightly flatten it. I add wings to both sides and then either make folded legs below...or don't (and make "dangle legs" from seed beads). The neck is a little trickier...my flamingos are always resting--the neck drapes across the back. I do this because I hate the idea of the neck breaking off.

Here is a picture of one:

This was one of my first and not one of my favorites...

I have another here:

http://www.glassartists.org/Gal19609_Birds.asp

Last edited by hummingbird3172; 2006-10-14 at 10:54am.
Old 2006-10-14, 11:58am
Beadmaking.nl

Wow.... what a beautiful bead!
Old 2006-10-14, 8:53pm
Following my Dream

Thanks everyone,
Jan that makes perfect sense, and Ana that is incerdible!! And thank you Tess,I like them all.
Anyone have a suggestion for color of glass to use. I made one (in yellow to practice and save pink).What I did is make a round med.- lrg. bead then alittle above that one made a smaller round bead.I connected them with a neck going down from the top bead.It took some time to get the neck,but it turned out pretty good.I was going to use a head pin for legs too, and let them dangle.If I ever perfect it I'll post a picture.
Thanks again!!

Old 2006-10-15, 7:52am
Flossy-Flossy

Beautiful bead, Anna!

Old 2006-10-15, 8:32am

You know, I should think that some of the coral colors would look good, especially if you mixed in some striations of powder pink. I have some old coral rods that are more on the pinky side than the orange. These are Moretti, if you work in Bullseye you'd have more options with pink colors. Can't wait to see some photos!

Anna - wow, that's wonderful!!!! Such great sculptural work, I love it!

Jan

Old 2006-10-15, 12:13pm

LOVE that bead!!! Wow, one of the best flamingo beads I've ever seen. Good job!!

Candy

Old 2006-10-17, 11:05am
Anna Duhame

Thank you so much, guys!

Mine was actually made using one of the odd lot corals...I bought a bunch a while back and it makes the most perfect kitty nose pink. I believe the shade is called Dusty Rose Coral....it kind of needs to strike to get that bright shade, but it is brilliant once you get it...and it is a little cheaper than pink..lol.

Old 2021-08-05, 1:45am

Beautiful, love flamingos ��
Old 2021-09-06, 8:02am

Have lived in Florida my entire life and have only seen Roseate Spoonbills in the wild. My brother was fishing down in Flamingo last month and a flamingo flew alongside his boat. He didn’t have a chance to get a photo but he said it was the most beautiful, interesting Scarlett color he had ever seen! I’ve also tried to make flamingo beads…. But nothing I would postworthy��
Old 2021-10-26, 2:11pm

Ateşleme