No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-08-24, 10:35pm
Authentic WI Cheesehead

Default "Lightning" from Silver Glass?

Does anyone know if there is a tutorial for purchase or information on making the lightning effect from silver glass? Would love to try this and am willing to buy a tutorial, but not sure if it has been discussed here.

Thanks all!
Old 2009-08-25, 3:43am

If this is the same thing that Julie Ferguson calls the "strobe" effect, she has included it in the ebook she wrote about lots of the silver glasses. Her etsy ID is fergiebeads and the book is available there. It is totally worth the investment!

Marjorie
Old 2009-08-25, 3:57am
Authentic WI Cheesehead

Thanks Marjorie!
I'll check it out!
Old 2009-08-25, 4:43am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Pardon my ignorance......but what is the lightning effect? Do you have a pic of it? I would love to know as it sounds interesting!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Victorian Style Floral available now!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2009-08-25, 6:40am
Happiness is....

yeah I'd like to see pic too. Thanks if you post one, if not I do understand.

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2009-08-25, 6:47am
Growing Edge Glass

me too...on the pic!?

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2009-08-25, 9:27am
Storm Queen

Are you talking about something like this:

Old 2009-08-25, 9:46am

I'm curious to see as well. There's an effect I think looks like lightning in boro that is somehow done with purposely trapped air during encasement. Totally cool, but also a mystery on the process. I peeked at her tutorial on etsy, but didn't see anything like lightning on the cover pictures.
Old 2009-08-25, 10:26am
jamieincharlotte

yes, AK Designs, how did you do that? It's beautiful.
Old 2009-08-25, 10:31am
Storm Queen

Well....I'm actually starting to work on a tutorial for it along with another technique and a layering color chart. I've just started to make all the sample beads and there's a lot to make so it won't be ready for at least a month.

Old 2009-08-25, 11:27am
Oooooh Sparkly!

I'll be first on your list for a tutorial Amy!
Old 2009-08-25, 11:45am
Critter Mom

I don't do much boro, but that's a tutorial I'd love to have.

Old 2009-08-25, 11:47am
Tweedle Dumb

That's soft glass... unless Amy took up boro while I wasn't looking...

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2009-08-25, 11:49am
Storm Queen

My beads are made from 104coe glass....no boro at all.

Old 2009-08-25, 12:27pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Well....I'm actually starting to work on a tutorial for it along with another technique and a layering color chart. I've just started to make all the sample beads and there's a lot to make so it won't be ready for at least a month.
Hurry, woman - HURRY! I'm dying to know!!!!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-08-25, 1:25pm
Ad astra per aspera

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Hurry, woman - HURRY! I'm dying to know!!!!
Me too! I love Amy's beads.

Old 2009-08-25, 1:32pm
Storm Queen

Thanks you guys!

Old 2009-08-25, 5:26pm
Critter Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie lynne View Post
That's soft glass... unless Amy took up boro while I wasn't looking...
YIPPPPEEEE !!! That's even better !!!

Old 2009-08-25, 10:49pm
Authentic WI Cheesehead

That's it, Amy!
If there is a notification list, please add me!
Your work is exceptional - can't wait!
Old 2009-08-25, 11:12pm
*Desa Elliott*

Quote:
Hey You,
I think I asked for instruction on this a few months ago! If you recall, it had something to do with begging and pleading....

I get the first copy.

Get crackin girl, I can't wait!

Desa

G-88
Creideamh, Sųil, Dėlseachd

(Scottish Gaelic: Faith, Hope, Love)

www.ETSY.com/shop/GothicGlassJewelry
Old 2009-08-25, 11:54pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreFiend View Post
Hey You,
I think I asked for instruction on this a few months ago! If you recall, it had something to do with begging and pleading....

I get the first copy.

Get crackin girl, I can't wait!

Desa
Oh Desa....I've been asked to give up my secret for a couple of years now. I promise to commit myself to getting this tutorial done ASAP.

Old 2009-08-26, 12:26am
*Desa Elliott*

Quote:
Oh Desa....I've been asked to give up my secret for a couple of years now. I promise to commit myself to getting this tutorial done ASAP.
I'll bet you have been absolutely hounded. I will accept the second copy rather than the first if I must

G-88
Creideamh, Sųil, Dėlseachd

(Scottish Gaelic: Faith, Hope, Love)

www.ETSY.com/shop/GothicGlassJewelry
Old 2009-08-26, 3:14am
Knob Creek Glass

Looking forward to the tutorial!!
Old 2009-08-26, 3:59am
Happiness is....

I haven't seen that before, Thanks for showing it. Very kewl looking technique..

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2009-08-26, 8:05am

PLEASE add me to the list and let me know when it's available. Love your work. Carol
Old 2009-08-26, 9:00am

Please add me to your list as well.
Old 2009-08-26, 10:22pm
Critter Mom

I don't care which copy I get as long as I'm on the list. I love getting tutorials, gives me something to look forward to during all those rainy days here in Oregon.

Old 2009-08-29, 10:39pm
I'm listen-Oooh, sparkly!

Me too, me too!!! I really like the look & would love to know the technique behind it!

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Ghandi
Old 2009-08-29, 10:57pm
Storm Queen

I'm glad to see that there is interest in it!

Old 2009-08-31, 10:23am

Please add me to the list as well.