TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-03-11, 7:20pm

Default Striking twistys

Hi everyone, I've seen people's gorgeous twistys using silver glass and have tried and they turn out horrific!

anyone willing to share some recipies or tips?

thanks,
jeri
Old 2009-03-12, 4:36am
Yeah me!

Hayley is in the process of making a tut on her silvered glass twistie recipes. I can't wait, she makes the most beautiful beads and color combos. It is in the tuts to purchase section.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-12, 4:41am
Yeah me!

PS here is a great link for some silvered twisties!!!

http://www.seraphimflameworks.blogspot.com/

Old 2009-03-12, 4:53am

I'm not sure what you're currently doing that ends up looking horrible (I'm sure more in the gap between what you wanted and what you got than a result others think is horrible!)

I tend to use the lollipop method and do encased cane 'twisties' - more of a ribbon cane idea when using the striking glass. Also... ensure that you strike the silver glass before encasing it in the clear. That way you get most of the colour that you want out of it and the clear helps to 'hold' that colour for you... hmmm... early in the morning... am I making sense?

Old 2009-03-27, 2:04pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

Jeri - I wish I had seen this earlier.
Just follow the link to Seraphims blog..... they have some awesome combinations using silver glasses there & will happily answer questions if you ask

~
~
~
Old 2009-03-27, 3:41pm

Default great ideas

thanks for all the interesting info. i tried one with Marine Blue as the middle lolipop and Rembrant & Gaia on each sides, really pretty!!!

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2009-03-27, 6:12pm

I want to have a big bag of money to buy silver glass. I want every single bead on that link. Oh, help me. I can't sleet to night. I've printed out a few pictures of them to carry to bed with me tonight. I might find a few glass rod tomorrow morning unger my pillow. ???
Old 2009-03-27, 7:23pm
Angel's Mom

There are some great striking twisties here: avenuebeads.com. They're 104, and strike really easily.
Old 2009-03-28, 11:43am
Lover of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chau Nguyen T View Post
I want to have a big bag of money to buy silver glass. I want every single bead on that link. Oh, help me. I can't sleet to night. I've printed out a few pictures of them to carry to bed with me tonight. I might find a few glass rod tomorrow morning unger my pillow. ???
It's okay, I still believe in the Glass Fairy too!

Becky

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2009-05-10, 1:59pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

Hey there is a glass fairy of sorts on Etsy .....

KnattyDreadz has stringers of a lot of the rare & unobtainable silver glasses, so that you can try them & see if they work for you.

There are some stunning reactive glasses in their selection.

~
~
~