Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-02-04, 12:33pm

Default Hollow Beads Class, February 13, 2010

Accents Glassworks in Rockville MD is hosting:

Hollow Beads with Clare Nykolyszyn on Saturday Feburary 13th, 2010. Clare demo'ed her hollow beads at January's SGBMA meeting - they're beautiful, and Clare's just one of the super instructors that we host here at Accents Glassworks!

The class description is below - call at 301-770-7666 or email at accentsglassworks@gmail.com to reserve your spot - there are 5 spots left as of today, and the one-day class is $100!

Are hollow beads on your list of techniques to try? Have you tried making hollow beads but just can’t quite get them down? Come spend a day learning how to make hollows both the traditional way, on solid mandrels, and also exploring a new, alternate method using the “puffy” mandrel, which the store will have for sale. We will also cover shaping hollows into shapes other than round, building hollows with interesting cores, and a variety of surface decoration techniques. At the end of class I will offer suggestions for stringing and finishing your unique beads into novel pieces. This class requires some previous lampworking experience. Tools will be provided for your use, but come a little early to select and purchase the glass you will use in class and bring a notebook.
Class Fee $100.00
301-770-7666

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The #1 Lampworking Source for the Mid-Atlantic!
Old 2010-02-11, 3:51pm

Default Postponed..

Due to enrolment and timing (with all this poor weather!), Clare and I have decided to postpone the class to March 6th.

I'm sure we'll be rid of this snow by then!

301-770-7666

Last edited by AccentsGlassworks; 2010-02-13 at 10:20am. Reason: Date change
Old 2010-02-19, 3:31pm

Default Three spots left!

Hey everyone,

Just letting you know that there are three spots left in Clare's Hollow Bead class on March 6th. It's from 10-5, all tools are provided except your glass (which you can purchase here, or bring your own).

It's a great price at $100 for the day, plus two hours' complimentary torch time afterward!
301-770-7666

Old 2010-02-21, 7:51am
Somebody's watching me!

i wish i lived near by! my hollow beads always turn out disastrous!
Old 2010-02-21, 11:49am

Bakerman44, sometimes I just have to put a technique down for a couple months and then go back to it... Don't give up!
301-770-7666

Old 2010-03-01, 1:07pm
state-eternal change

two spots left.