Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-01-24, 7:06am
Melting

Default Color ID

Does anyone know what this color is? I thought it was a Momka's color because I have it in my Momka's shorts bin, but I just got a sampler and can't find it in there. It's a transparent rod with a hint of yellow and strikes to a creamy white(ish) color when encased. It's the cap on the jelly. TIA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2014-01-24, 9:23am

Oh I don't know what colour but it is cool.

Old 2014-01-24, 9:26am

hmm on second thought looking at the rod it might be citrus but I have never put it into to deep encasement like that so I don't know if it turns white. Maybe it turns white because of a reducing flame.

Old 2014-01-24, 9:27am

i'm tempted to say Cloud, but i think cloud is a touch greener in rod form.
i've got some crucible tubing that is cloud on the inside, with a striking blue on the outside and the center layer looks greenish...but that may be the blue overcoat shining through.
Old 2014-01-24, 10:19am
Melting

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked up both cloud and citrus and the rods seem to have more color than mine. Mine are nearly clear but have all these scratches and little lines, like a really scratched up clear rod but everything is inside, not on the surface. However they could be seconds or odds because they are not perfectly straight rods.

It is definitely a cool color that I'd like to get more of.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2014-01-24, 8:19pm
funny mofo

Could be a color called something like yellow pearl... the longer you work it the more opaque it gets.
Old 2014-01-25, 6:40am
Melting

I'll check that one out, thanks.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2014-01-25, 7:30am
Flamewoman

You can send Momka Peva that shot and she could help you. I did that a few years ago with a daisy cane that they don't make anymore. Momka is very helpful and answers the email herself. Just go to the Momka site and you will find a contact link.
Nice Jellyfish by the way!

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-01-25, 8:21am

I vote for Momka Yellow Pearl. One of my favorite colors for bases to beads.

Old 2014-01-25, 10:32am
Melting

That's great Mary, I will do that. Thank you!

It looks like it might be yellow pearl.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2014-01-25, 11:49am
Definitely having fun

In rod form it loos like GA's Single Passion, but I would not expect to get white from it when encased...more of the Yellow Pearl like colors which are creamy yellow-white (most often)
Old 2014-01-25, 12:10pm

hmm yellow pearl… yum
let us know if you find out for sure. good idea to email her she will get back to you right away unless she is out of country.

Old 2014-01-25, 3:15pm
Melting

I will let you know, thanks.

It does look similar to singular passion but I could've sworn it was a Momka's color.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2014-01-26, 10:28am
Melting

I heard from Momka and it is, in fact, yellow pearl! Thanks so much everyone.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2014-01-26, 11:22am

did it work up nice and smooth when you put the heat to it?

Old 2014-01-26, 12:22pm
Melting

Yes, very nicely, no boiling whatsoever.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2014-01-26, 4:48pm

nice I think I have a half of a rod so I think I will try it to back a marble. as I am always looking for a colour that won't boil on the surface. thanks deb t

Old 2014-01-27, 9:51am
Melting

Cool, I'd like to see how that turns out.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20